Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 29 May 16, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
zelda8
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I'll let you know how it was (sweets) we've done the hire car before and it was great but my DH drove the entire holiday but that was 2010 and now there is über!
zelda8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to Hijack thread, but we are planning on doing the same.

About to sign up, and it is asking for mobile number - when we are in US I have a 3 sim card which I will put in my phone - should I use this number or my normal mobile number. Apologies if I am being dense
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
PAUL7331
Excited about Disney

So what free shuttles take you to nearby hotels do you know? So do people get a free shuttle, jump out and stand around the outside of the hotel and order a uber? Cheeky but genius!
PAUL7331 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by new2disne View Post
Sorry to Hijack thread, but we are planning on doing the same.

About to sign up, and it is asking for mobile number - when we are in US I have a 3 sim card which I will put in my phone - should I use this number or my normal mobile number. Apologies if I am being dense
your 3 number should be used if thats the number thats going to be operational in your phone in the US.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

We'll definitely be using Uber next year in both NYC & Florida. Does anyone know why they can take you to the airport but not from the airport?
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Maverick177uk
Trading Disney Pins

Hi we are going next February and staying in Disney, we will only really be leaving to go to universal twice and a shopping day at a mall. Does anyone know what I could expect to pay for a round trip for 3 of us? Taking into account it will be $18-20 a day parking and obviously fuel etc I think it might be best not to hire a car at all.
Also how does it work with car seats my daughter will be 4 then?

Edited at 07:29 PM.
Maverick177uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatOwls View Post
We'll definitely be using Uber next year in both NYC & Florida. Does anyone know why they can take you to the airport but not from the airport?
Simple- its the Taxi companys major source of income and they pay a LOT of money to the airport for the right to pick up at arrivals - something UBER refuses to do, hence the restrictions.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Maverick177uk View Post
Hi we are going next February and staying in Disney, we will only really be leaving to go to universal twice and a shopping day at a mall. Does anyone know what I could expect to pay for a round trip for 3 of us? Taking into account it will be $18-20 a day parking and obviously fuel etc I think it might be best not to hire a car at all.
we went from All Stars to Universal, the fare was $13 one way.
I'd imagine it would be around the same price from WDW to Premier Outlets I-Drive, but would be significantly cheaper to the Premier Outlets at Vineland.

You can get approximate fares for whichever trip you like on the Uber fare estimator site -

uberestimate/
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PAUL7331 View Post
So what free shuttles take you to nearby hotels do you know? So do people get a free shuttle, jump out and stand around the outside of the hotel and order a uber? Cheeky but genius!
No need to shuttle anywhere. Just go through the Hyatt at the airport and order Uber from the front entrance.
Old 31 May 16, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Maverick177uk View Post
Also how does it work with car seats my daughter will be 4 then?
Car seats are not "required" in taxis or uber. However, it's still the parents responsibility to make sure their children are safe. You can call taxi companies and request a taxi with a seat, don't know how it would work with uber.
Closed Thread