Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jun 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dewar
Earning My Ears

Mobile Mustang or not?

My husbands dream is to have a mustang when get to Florida. I would love for him to have his dream but am apprehensive about the fact we also have 2 children and luggage! I'm thinking there won't be enough space 😩
Dewar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah88811
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Hey sorry can't answer your question but we have hired a convertible Mustang and also have 2 children and luggage. We are just going to take the 2 suitcases though so should hopefully be enough room. I've always wanted a Mustang so it's a definite must for us 😄 Hope someone can answer your question
Hannah88811 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Dewar View Post
My husbands dream is to have a mustang when get to Florida. I would love for him to have his dream but am apprehensive about the fact we also have 2 children and luggage! I'm thinking there won't be enough space 😩
I don't have personal experience with it but it is something I have considered (and so far dismissed). I think you'll have too much luggage to fit it all in.
might give you an idea of the available boot space, and
is a full review of the '15 model (back seat and boot space from 20:00 onwards).

In short, it's not a family car and it won't be practical even if you can somehow fit all the luggage in However, if you're of the lateral thinker type you might consider picking up the car somewhere after you have checked into the hotel - e.g. either get a cab or Magical Express or some other alternative transport from the airport to the hotel, and the same back (also maybe check in at Disney Springs if flying VA).

Originally Posted by Hannah88811 View Post
we have hired a convertible Mustang and also have 2 children and luggage. We are just going to take the 2 suitcases though so should hopefully be enough room
Depending on the size of the cases you might not have enough room even with two cases.

Edited at 11:13 PM.
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We had one in April, there was two adults, one child. It was a squash with the lugguage but it was only to the airport and back. The luggage we had was two carry on bags, two backpacks, two large suitcases and a large disabled buggy, so if your taking no more than two large suitcases you will be fine
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

If you are going for a convertible, there will just about be enough room for 2. We put one case in the trunk and one in the back seat.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 16, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Amylouisedxo
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We have a mustang convertible every time we go. There is 4 of us all adults with 4 suitcases. 3 in the boot one in between the passengers in the back hope that helps xxxx
Amylouisedxo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 16, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

We had a mustang convertible last time and will do again (fingers crossed!) this time. It won't fit all our luggage in (1 suitcase, 3 holdalls & carry one) so we use Magical Express and then pick up the car at DCCC the next morning. Even if I wasn't staying on site I would probably still get a taxi to the hotel.

Dee
Xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

We have had both Mustangs and Camaro's for our last 6 holidays and I can honestly say that I would not recommend for a family. The ride in the back seats is very windy with the roof down and the luggage space is very restricted.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
carpetman0569
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Unless you travel lite or you have your suitcases dilivered to where your staying I'd say the mustang is a no.
carpetman0569 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 16, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We had one last year, 2 adults and 1 child. On the way back to the airport, both front seats were pushed as far forward as possible and the luggage was stacked to the roof! We certainly wouldn't have fitted another person in there. I actually thought I was going to have to travel to the airport separately! But I just squeezed in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread