Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 1 Oct 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

The big advantage to staying on site is how easy it is to access the parks. That means you really don't have to spend a full day straight in a park. Always get there for opening, spend the morning, go back for a rest and then decide how you want to spend the rest of the day/

We always stay onsite but if we do EMH, we do the EMH hours then leave and go to another park.

If you are staying onsite, you will usually have a great pool at the hotel. I find this often supplants going to a water park (which to me and my family isn't all that much fun)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Your DD4 will set the pace, take a stroller for her and try and spin the day out a bit.
Old 5 Oct 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Plan a pool morning or two esp later in the holiday- Bit of a lie in and lazy start- Then fast passes early evening and ?attempt fireworks. We hadn't planned enough pool time and our 4 year old spent lots time while in the parks asking for the pool. We had intended to go to the pool in the afternoon after a morning in the park but August afternoon rain/lightening often stopped that. One of our best days we sacked of some fast passes and had a pool morning.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Just a note if you want the big hitters like fop you need to be booking them from day 4 onwards to get a FP if this is a ride you would like to do then I would space out your animal kingdom.

Also I think i would do an extra day at HS or AK instead of the Epcot day.

We booked rides everyday we left some bookings until after 4 so we could do the water parks in the morning.

Remember it is better to make FP's as soon as possible if plans change on the day you can always cancel them.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I would mix it up a bit with the parks, partially in case you get an weather events. Also please do consider the eveneing shows at each park, the parks look so different at night. With a 4 year old you may need breaks during the day, but also you may decide to stay in the park and let 4 years snooze in buggy whilst 10 year old does some things she wants.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

Thanks so much for all the feedback so far, it's been very useful, especially around back to back days in the same park, and bumping AK later in the trip to secure FOP FPs. Revised itinerary now looks like this:

March
28th Check in 22:00
29th HS EMH, then quick trip to MK for first day, then back to CBR late afternoon.
30th AK EMH, Sanaa lunch, back to CBR late afternoon.
31st Epcot EMH Garden Grill 1730
1st Rest/TL, Raglan Rd. 1730
2nd Epcot EMH, Tratoria Al Forno 10am
3rd MK EMH, Ohana 1730
4th MK BOG 8am, CRT 1630
5th Rest/outlets (maybe a solo trip to Tampa for Wrestlemania!)
6th HS, Storybook Dining 1800
7th MK Tonys 1300 (for VIP parade) back to CBR, then Garden Grill 1930 for fireworks.
8th Rest/BB, T Rex 1830
9th AK
10th Epcot Akurshus 8am

We'll then have a few days in a villa, day trip to Legoland, then finish off with 2nights/3days onsite at Universal for FOLP.

Looking like a better plan?
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Ya it looks better. My hesitations on the new plan are a couple of long days such as on the 2nd when you are going to Epcot for early morning and then have a dinner reservation, a long time in one park. The MK day with both BOG and CRT on the same day would be too long in one park for me.

Also on your other Epcot day, is it a bit of a waste to head to Epcot for early morning but then leave to get to Tratoria al Forno? As I am writing it, realised there is quite a lot of Epcot time relative to other parks. Are you huge Epcot fans? I can’t remember what you said on first post and am on mobile so can’t easily scroll back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

Thanks again for the feedback. I get where you're coming from in relation to the slightly longer days, but I'm hoping that a combination of using a stroller for the 3 yr old (who'll be very nearly 4) plus using Skyliner to pop back to CBR for an afternoon break if needed might help avoid any issues. In relation to Epcot, I have vague memories of loving it as a kid 30 years ago, and we're all big Frozen fans, so that's what's driving it at the moment. I'm open to amending plans as we go, and between monorail and skyliner I'm guessing we can pop to MK/HS pretty easily if needed.

Any thoughts or suggestions on "Must-Do's" that seem to be missing would be very welcome, though I think we've a pretty good spread at the moment, allowing for the fact that it's weighted quite "princess heavy" given our family.
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List