Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 17, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile DLP half marathon weekend

Hello

I've never been to DLP but DH and I are keen runners and I'd love to combine my loves of running and Disney and run the DLP half marathon.

Has anyone done this? What's best cost-wise? Do the run/hotel packages include park entry?

Thank you!
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi.

We did it last year. It was a fabulous weekend (despite the many teething problems for their first event). I would certainly recommend to anyone that they participate if they can.

Last year we booked the full package, including tickets, directly with Disneyland Paris. This helped to ensure that we had bibs for the races. Please Note: When booking the race package, you do get park tickets but not for your entire stay. Nor do you get any of the offers such as discounted rooms or FREE Half Board. Another downside is that you have to pay for the package in full at the time of booking. That said, it does however guarantee your entry to the races and so is the 'safest' option if you like.

This year, we booked the hotel under the 2 free days and nights offer and are buying the race bibs separately when they are released in a few weeks. That particular offer which we booked has now finished for the dates of the race weekend, however the current deal gives FREE Half Board and so is still good value.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you so much! Great to hear that you really enjoyed it. All of my friends have ambitions for the Great North Run and London Marathon ballots and although I'd love to do those, I'm more ambitious about the DLP half and the WDW Marathon!

I don't know if we will get there this September but I really want to go next year if we can so thanks for the heads up about packages.

Did you do the 10k too? They are seriously blingy medals, hope they keep the designs like those
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

I love the designs of them too! There was a stand at the expo showing all of the runDisney medals from the other races throughout the USA. Each was as impressive as the other, so I'm sure that they will continue to be as good.

Last year there was only the 5k and Half Marathon to choose from. I (stupidly) did both. Am proud that I did though - especially because I am not a runner by any stretch of the imagination! I am probably being even more daft this year as am wanting to do both of those again plus the brand new 10k too - as I want to get that challenge medal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I saw there was a challenge medal and I would do both for the medals and probably regret it too! Lol!