Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

Rosacea

Does anyone else suffer with this. Mine seems to be linked to hormones and flares up on my cheeks, bright red with little white spots.
Any ideas how to control it?
It’s driving me mad 😡
Old 25 May 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ROSIE13
Proud to wear my Ears

I found dermalex helped calm the redness.
Have you spoken with your GP? I was prescribed mild antibiotics when I first suffered with it.
ROSIE13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I do
Now I have laser treatment through nhs
Old 26 May 18, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I'm 48 suffered for years. Tried everything over the years creams lotion potions herbal stuff dietary changes expensive beauty treatments and tetracycline. I went on doxycycline about a month ago and my skin is positively glowing. It's never been this good for such a long period of time. I had to cover up before with a lot of thick makeup but I need a fraction now. It's been a total revelation and my confidence has improved. I still get flushed but the spots are virtually gone.
Old 26 May 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I had this after childbirth, was hormonal but it was helped enormously by decleor oils and prolagene gel, which calmed the redness, now I hardly notice it. Would suggest a multi approach, vitamins for skin support, maybe try medication for a while, and use something on your skin too to feed it. Watch how much wine/caffeine etc you have.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine is hormonal as well. It flared up for the first time after having my twins, I had some cream and anti biotics for a short while and it gradually improved. It calmed down for years until I had a hysterectomy and it came back with a vengeance. Since then I’ve been taking tetracycline I think it is. I tried to wean myself off but my skin was dreadful so I have started again. I use Liz Earle skin products and I find they really help too. There’s no magic wand I’m afraid, or at least I haven’t found it yet!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I have an appointment on Tuesday with the doctor as I’ve been putting it off for ages (not a fan of taking antibiotics) but got to the stage now where it’s really sore, and embarrassing. I’ve started the menopause so I think it’s all connected.xx
Old 26 May 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Karababe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cmpjdp View Post
Does anyone else suffer with this. Mine seems to be linked to hormones and flares up on my cheeks, bright red with little white spots.
Any ideas how to control it?
It’s driving me mad 😡

I think this is what I have too!
Very painful until the little white spots are 'popped' (which is normally a little touch then instant relief)
Heat seems to make it worse
Karababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Karababe View Post
I think this is what I have too!
Very painful until the little white spots are 'popped' (which is normally a little touch then instant relief)
Heat seems to make it worse
Yes that’s it exactly.