Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Oct 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Cancelling holiday - Retaining tickets for future use - 2020?

Hi. I am in the process of cancelling our WDW holiday because my DW is in hospital after an accident and will be unfit to travel on 30/10. This is heartbreaking . The question is I purchased my disney tickets earlier this year (orlando attractions) and have added them on MDE and booked ADRs and FP (now cancelled). Can I retain these and use them in say 2020? On a side issue I cancelled the Frozen Ever After Dessert party on MDE. Will the refund just be processed? I couldn't see anything on the terms to say it was non refundable having cancelled it (for 2/11). I am not sure if I need to chase Disney.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You will need to contat Disney and see if they can be, be cause technically, they are only valid for that year. Terms will be on the website you bought them for. I would be surprised if they would extend them to 2 years out. Did you take out ticket protection? Have you contacted your insurance?
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think you may need to claim of your travel insurance as you have already linked them to mde so makes them non transferable and as said they have a use year . If she is unfit to travel you shouldn’t really have a problem claiming . The frozen dessert party will be refunded back to your card in usd so you may lose or gain due to the exchange rate.
Hope your dw recovers soon .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

if you ring and explain they may help you, i hope your wife is better soon
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for your replies. Most informative. I'll try and claim on insurance.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Neil Burnside View Post
Hi. I am in the process of cancelling our WDW holiday because my DW is in hospital after an accident and will be unfit to travel on 30/10. This is heartbreaking .
Sorry to hear about your DW. I hope she gets better soon.

Originally Posted by Neil Burnside View Post
The question is I purchased my disney tickets earlier this year (orlando attractions) and have added them on MDE and booked ADRs and FP (now cancelled). Can I retain these and use them in say 2020?
You would have to contact Disney and see if they will upgrade your 2018 tickets to 2020 tickets. Otherwise, your current tickets will expire at the end of this year. Disney doesn't currently sell tickets for 2020 yet so I'm not sure when/if they'll be able to upgrade them - you'd have to speak to them, I'm afraid.

Otherwise, as Mexy02 says, you could claim on your travel insurance - the same applies to any other financial loses (flight costs, package holiday costs, etc) due to cancelling your holiday because of your wife's accident.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
I thought I was going to have to cancel our holiday as my Mum has been diagnosed with cancer. I phoned Disney a few weeks ago and was told that the tickets can't be used after this year. I also asked if I could transfer my ticket to another person and was told this wasn't possible as I had attached it to MDE. I even asked if it could be gifted to a charity and again they said no. Your best bet will be claiming through your travel insurance.

Hope you're DW make a full recovery x

Pamela
pammiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List