Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Missing Luggage

We arrived back in Edinburgh yesterday at lunch time and none of our luggage arrived with us. When we checked in the cases at MCO I was double checked with both American Airlines and BA that our luggage was going straight through to Edinburgh and was reassured both times that it was. According to the lost baggage report I can see cases haven’t made to Britain and they are lost. I’m assuming this happens loads every day. I bought all our Christmas presents when we there in the Black Friday sales. What a disaster
pammiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I have twice had luggage lost. Both times it was delivered to me about 36 hours after I arrived. I was also compensated by Jet Blue for the inconvenience (they paid for 24 hours clothing and gave me $100. travel funds). Jet Blue located my bags before I left the airport but did not have a plane coming in until the next day.

The other time, it was upon returning home. My luggage was located quickly and delivered to my front door.

Given you have three weeks til Christmas, I wouldn't panic but keep in touch with the airline.

My sister had her luggage lost on a BA/AA code share on a trip from NYC to Rome. They were compensated and purchased new clothes for their trip. It is my understanding that BA/AA is one of the more frequent luggage losers.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
BA/AA have no idea where our cases are and can only say they aren’t in Britain Last time it happened to us was coming back from Newark but United were able to tell us that our cases were still in the airport. My Son threw out his old jeans before we went because they didn’t fit so now he has none. I don’t expect they’ll be classed as essentials though.

I was a bit wary of the lady at the AA desk (comes with the job) hence the reason I double checked.

Am I wrong in thinking that an airline should at least know what airport a person’s case is at or if it made it onto a plane.
pammiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Several years ago our bags went missing and were ‘lost to the system’.
They turned up in a taxi five days later. It’s quite rare for bags to just disappear- they are likely to turn up, at some time.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

It was a few years ago now but BA “lost” our luggage but it did eventually turn up 7 weeks after going missing! They had already paid compensation to us (£400 each) and didn’t ask for it back. There was damage to some of my stuff though as it had clearly been left lying in heavy rain.

Do you have contact details inside your cases? We have had delayed luggage quite a few times but it usually turns up a few hours/day later.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You should have your luggage stickers they give you when you check your luggage in at the first airport? They will be able to trace them from that. Don't panic. We had this once coming back from usa. Got them delivered the following day by courier.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I seem to play a little game now with BA...

I turn up at the airport and give them my luggage... I board the plane... and when I get off the plane at the other end they tell me my bag didn't make it... I say "oh you guys... not again"...and sigh...

They then deliver my bag to an address of my choosing 24 hours later

Happened 5 times now to me... your bags will surface somewhere and be delivered to you i am sure

All of these were work based travels where we use BA so not through personal choice
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
For the first time ever I forgot to put the pieces of paper with our contact details in the case before we left. I checked our travel insurance and were insured for £2500 but I’m assuming that’s for both our cases and not per case. My Son’s insurane is about the same. Looks like we’ll be having Christmas in January if the cases don’t get here before Santa.

I have the luggage stickers thankfully.

My Mum is in hospital just now and I’d bought a huge bag of Lindt chocolates for the nurses so I’m more upset about that.
Old 5 Dec 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Great news! Our luggage has been located, don’t know where it is or has been but someone somewhere knows where it is. Christmas is coming to our house on time lol.
Old 5 Dec 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We have had luggage going missing lots of time! The last time was coming back from Dubai. At first they couldn’t locate it (the other 2 cases had arrived!) but it was eventually found still in Dubai - the ticket had fallen off!

I now take a photo of the suitcases so at least I can show what they look like. The bags have always turned up!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List