Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Apr 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Best Rides when it’s Dark?

Which rides are good across the 4 parks when the sun goes down and it gets dark?
Old 6 Apr 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I love Pandora/Avatar in the animal kingdom at night.It is so amazing! and the tree of life too.watch it late after dark and see what Disney do.most people miss this!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Top of our list would be Everest at AK. A completely different experience in the dark.
Old 6 Apr 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ROSIE13
Proud to wear my Ears

Big thunder mountain while the fireworks are going off.magical.
ROSIE13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ROSIE13 View Post
Big thunder mountain while the fireworks are going off.magical.
Definitely one to do - it is fabulous.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Laugh all you want, but the People Mover is excellent in the dark, as it shows Tomorrowland in its best lighting. Once you’ve seen the projections, this is an excellent firework option too. (Though Big Thunder with fireworks is ace!)

I also love Primeval Whirl and Dumbo in the dark, both for the views you get of the surrounding lights. Slinky Dog must have a similar effect with the lights of Toy Story Land, but I haven’t actually ridden it at night.

Tower of Terror is fab at night because you don’t get blinded and, if you can focus fast, you can see a long way all lit up.

I would say take the railroad in the evening to get a loop of all the lights but I suppose that has to wait a while!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Tbh, the majority of rides take on a whole new atmosphere and vibe at dark.

My favourite would be big thunder and splash though.
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Big Thunder feels totally different in the dark. Expedition Everest is brilliant too. Also 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, seems faster in the dark
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Other than the usual Thunder, Splash, Mine Train & Everest, Primeval Whirl is a must do in the dark for us

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Most of the outdoor rides will be a different experience at night than during the day!

What I feel is definitely worth riding at night
MK: BTM, 7DMT, possibly Splash and Jungle Cruise. The Tomorrowland Speedway also feels different as does even things like Dumbo!
Epcot: Test Track
DHS: Tower of Terror is pretty cool at night because you get a different view out the top of the tower
AK: Expedition Everest. The Safaris are a different experience at night but I felt that I got a better experience during the day with them.