Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Jan 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
littlesam21
Very Serious Dibber

Help making the most of DDP - first timers

Hi
This will be our first time on the DDP
There are 7 adults a 2yr old and 3.5yr old

If booking for example a table service. Would we have to use one of the kids credits because she really barely eats at times and would typically share with her mum. My little 2yr old will share with us as I take it he’s not included on the DDP.

We are staying at AKL for a week before moving to a villa. We want to make the most of the DDP so grateful for any tips
Thanks
Old 2 Jan 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
There are two types of table service. Some have a fixed price. Generally buffets / character meals. At these you would have to use a child’s credit and the 2 year old eats free. They get the same as everyone else in these sort of places.

At others there is a menu and you can choose not to buy a meal for the child and share your meal with them. In which case you won’t use a credit and the 2 year old won’t get any food unless you pay cash for it.

Just think about that you will do with the spare credits if you don’t use them. A couple of extra kids table service credits are hard to use up without matching adult credits so it might be worth buying the 3.5 year old a meal and sharing it with the 2 year old .

Edited at 02:21 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I started this thread for people new to dining plans https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1011133. It may help.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

I don’t think it’s worth saving a child table service credit as they can’t eat at a TS without you and you can’t use their credit for an adult so not sure what the point would be? I’d use their TS credits for both kids sharing. However. The plan does not differentiate between children and adults credits for QS so that will help you maximise your child credits as they could easily share adult QS meals with you. EDIT. Sorry apparently since 01.01.2020 Disney are differentiating between adult and children’s credits for QS meals on the dining plan.

Edited at 09:29 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by littlesam21 View Post
Hi
This will be our first time on the DDP
There are 7 adults a 2yr old and 3.5yr old

If booking for example a table service. Would we have to use one of the kids credits because she really barely eats at times and would typically share with her mum. My little 2yr old will share with us as I take it he’s not included on the DDP.

We are staying at AKL for a week before moving to a villa. We want to make the most of the DDP so grateful for any tips
Thanks
Not using child credits isn’t making the most of the plan, it is just having credits left over that you waste.

I agree with the suggestion to use the 3.5 year old’s credits but share between the two children.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

If you are staying at AKL for the week if you pay yo upgrade the childs park ticket to an adult ticket for £20 (presuming you purchased on free dine ) then it will turn your child meals into adults meals so will offer you flexibility if they will be sharing from your plate anyway. However for the character meals you will use this credit and I presume pay tips using the adult price...I guess I would work out if the costs work out to do that.
Just wanted to add that maybe you could use the adult credits to have extra ts meals and pay out of pocket for the kids meal for the 3.5 year old do that you didn't have to pay for high tip of using a adult TS on them.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You wouldn’t need to use the child’s table service credit unless going to a buffet. Not sure why you would want to save them, other than using them for a child’s quick service meal or snacks at another point in your trip.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List