Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 May 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile Details on Universal hotels Reopening.

Just been reading this.
Sounds good to me.

BREAKING: here are the details on the reopening of Universal Orlando's hotels.

📷 Most hotels will reopen June 2; Portofino and Dockside will remain closed.

📷 There will be temperature checks and masks required in public areas.

📷 Guests staying at Universal's hotels between June 2-4 with a valid park ticket will be invited to visit the parks on June 3 and 4.

📷 If the theme parks reach capacity, hotel guests will NOT be impacted because Universal accounts for hotel guests when setting capacity limits.

📷 Early Park Admission will still be available for hotel guests. It will be scheduled for 8:00-9:00 am for Universal Studios Florida and 9:30-10:00 am at Universal’s Volcano Bay.

📷 Guests can purchase Universal Express for dates starting on June 8. Those staying at Hard Rock Hotel & Royal Pacific Resort can use complimentary Express access on any day of their visit. Premier Passholders will be able to use their after-4 pm Express benefit beginning June 5.

https://thedibb.com/2020/05/universa...inning-2-june/

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24

Edited at 08:20 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Feels like universal are treating onsite guests bettter than Disney...
And Disney is my favourite place.
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

This is good to hear as Universal is my Plan B if I'm not happy with what Disney offer. I've done a couple of dummy bookings today and am impressed with the cost of their hotels. Sapphire Falls is the one I'm interested in.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
This is good to hear as Universal is my Plan B if I'm not happy with what Disney offer. I've done a couple of dummy bookings today and am impressed with the cost of their hotels. Sapphire Falls is the one I'm interested in.
Me too, im thinking of cancelling our 10 days at Disneys POR and booking Sapphire falls. We've already got 4 nights at RPR x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ll still hold off to see what Disney will offer for September. But if not happy then I think we’ll just do universal as we’ve already 4 nights at Cabana bay so will just increase our nights there.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
We've stayed at 3 US hotels so far, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay and Cabana Bay. The first 2 were because we wanted front of line passes - expensive hotels, but worth it for the p[asses. However, last year we just needed 1 night as my husband and daughter were doing the Halloween Horror Night so we decided to try one of the 'value' hotels and we were so impressed with it! Absolutely blew the socks off Disney's value resorts (and we LOVE Disney), and we got a family suite for the fraction of the cost that Disney charge. Sapphire Falls looks lovely too, but we went for Cabana Bay as the pool has a lazy river and our son loves a lazy river. I'd happily stay at any though

Also, you can pool hop at Universal, unlike Disney, but not sure if they might restrict this under the current circumstance.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I've got 7 nights at POFQ and 5 nights at the Polynesian. The Poly nights are complimentary. So I'm thinking about ditching POFQ for Sapphire Falls then I'll do my 5 nights at the Poly. I won't have Disney tickets then but I won't mind mooching around the resort and Disney Springs.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We've stayed at 3 US hotels so far, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay and Cabana Bay. The first 2 were because we wanted front of line passes - expensive hotels, but worth it for the p[asses. However, last year we just needed 1 night as my husband and daughter were doing the Halloween Horror Night so we decided to try one of the 'value' hotels and we were so impressed with it! Absolutely blew the socks off Disney's value resorts (and we LOVE Disney), and we got a family suite for the fraction of the cost that Disney charge. Sapphire Falls looks lovely too, but we went for Cabana Bay as the pool has a lazy river and our son loves a lazy river. I'd happily stay at any though

Also, you can pool hop at Universal, unlike Disney, but not sure if they might restrict this under the current circumstance.
Great reviews! So pleased to hear about Cabana Bay! I absolutely love the theming in it! Very retro so up my street! We’ve booked a Volcano view room & it looks amazing!
Old 29 May 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Great reviews! So pleased to hear about Cabana Bay! I absolutely love the theming in it! Very retro so up my street! We’ve booked a Volcano view room & it looks amazing!
Honestly, we were so impressed with it. The food court was pretty good too - lots of variety and not too badly priced. I'd happily spend a week there again

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Cabana Bay has great pools too. We could easily have spent the day in the resort rather than the parks.

The views are pretty good too. Thunderstorms are amazing in the tower rooms
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List