Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 9 Jun 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Really loved the first series, it was so clever and well written. Unfortunately, I felt that it’s gone downhill since.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracydcp View Post
Yeah I agree with most others, really enjoyed first series but series 3 was quite a let down, particularly the final episode
Exactly this... was ground breaking when it started but now just seems a series of set pieces for Villanelle to wear slightly mad clothes , inventively kill someone & pull a face...

shame Jodie Comer plays a great part but the writing lets it down now

imo
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Exactly this... was ground breaking when it started but now just seems a series of set pieces for Villanelle to wear slightly mad clothes , inventively kill someone & pull a face...

shame Jodie Comer plays a great part but the writing lets it down now

imo
Her outfits get stranger and stranger 🤣

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Am I the only dibber that hasn’t seen any of the episodes? Never appealed to me.
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've binged the whole series during lockdown, I love it. I could watch Jodie Comer pull faces all day long.

Maybe the plot isn't as tight as it was at the start but still thoroughly enjoyable.
mr-paul is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppins73
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

It’s been a different vibe, for sure. But Carolyn has been unreal in this series. I love her character.
Poppins73 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve still enjoyed series 3 but definitely not as much as the others. I did think Fiona Shaw really shone in this one.
I do love Jodi Comer’s facial expressions. My favourite episode is probably when she returned to find her family.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

This last season was a total bust for me. I don't know that I will bother with any others ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ah I love it but agree Season 3 was not as good. I was v fortunate to binge season 1 whilst flying from Dublin to Orlando last year and then season 2 on the way home! Best 2 flights ever.
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Series 3 was dreadful. Jodie Comer was very poor, not sure if the director wasn't directing her. Her clothes were more bizarre and she became a parody of herself.

The writing wasn't great either.

Compare with Succession, now that is one hell of a good show. First 3 episodes are very slow, but boy does it take off.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List