Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Jun 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
I was waiting for free dining but have just went ahead and decided to pay for ddp. Yes its a lot of money but knowing in those 2wks all food and drink is paid for is a weight off my mind.
It’s a lot of money on top of very expensive room rates. But I agree it does mean that most of your holiday costs are now sorted out
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post

over the years disney parks and resorts have got busier and busier, so the incentive for disney to offer free dining must have been falling

from a personal point of view, being a DVC owner it always worked out cheaper to book a hotel room with free dining than stay in my DVC and pay to eat onsite, so i resented free dining a little

i must admit we have our traditions at disney and a few of the meals were part of that, when staying on DVC we would eat onsite very other night, but add to them evening meals lunch and ice creams / churro's it was still getting close to staying onsite with free dining
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It’s a lot of money on top of very expensive room rates. But I agree it does mean that most of your holiday costs are now sorted out
This is why i booked it as it means when there that i dont have to say no to my wee boy if he wants x y and z to eat or drink after all its his holiday too
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Forever is a long time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneymummy View Post
I don’t think they will offer free dining for next year, I think they’ll want to play things cautiously and not overcrowd the parks. Plus with the 50th next year and a lot of people moving dates from this year to next year. Whether or not it’s gone for good depends on the recovery of the economy. I’m one of those people who had said we only stay only site because of free dining. But I’ve booked to stay onsite next year and paid for QSDP. Disney is definitely a people trap set by a mouse.
You will be refunded the dining plan cost as there not offering it at the moment for next year ..I phoned today and couldn’t add it on and when I said you could online they told me it will be pulled from the website soon
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=Tracey2019;14526536]This is why i booked it as it means when there that i dont have to say no to my wee boy if he wants x y and z to eat or drink after all its his holiday too[/
You can’t book the dining plan for next year ...when I told them it was still available online they said people’s plans will automatically be cancelled
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think they’d rather keep resorts/parts of resorts closed/mothballed like they did after 9/11 with reduced staff and other costs, then fill with free dining guests.
We were booked to stay at POFQ back then but Disney closed it, POR was only partly opened, as was CSR but we were moved to CSR. Admittedly there was no dining plan back then, but also some restaurants were closed whilst others had reduced capacity.
I’m expecting something like this for the short term.
After that who knows, anything is possible.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Hotel parking fees I think. WDW introduced overnight parking at resorts so some guests use ME instead of hiring a car - they are then trapped in the bubble for the duration of the stay.
Ah, yes that would make sense! I don't pay the fee as I'm disabled so I forgot about that.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

[QUOTE=Manc1979;14526567]
Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
This is why i booked it as it means when there that i dont have to say no to my wee boy if he wants x y and z to eat or drink after all its his holiday too[/
You can’t book the dining plan for next year ...when I told them it was still available online they said people’s plans will automatically be cancelled
I was able to book it last friday and there was no mention of it being cancelled when i asked the cast member who was assisting me
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'd like to see the end of the DDP both free and paid for. Hopefully then, the quality of food and choices in some of the signatures would go back to the 'old days'.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List