Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 21 Aug 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a fantastic day. You managed to get so much done but your day didn't come across as rushed or hectic at all. I remember there being some pretty strange restaurant opening hours when we've visited DLP and our last family trip was 8 years ago now so I can only imagine how much worse covid has made it.

I'm glad that you found some ice cream in the end. You certainly deserved it after doing all those steps in the heat.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What a fantastic day. You managed to get so much done but your day didn't come across as rushed or hectic at all. I remember there being some pretty strange restaurant opening hours when we've visited DLP and our last family trip was 8 years ago now so I can only imagine how much worse covid has made it.

I'm glad that you found some ice cream in the end. You certainly deserved it after doing all those steps in the heat.
It didn't feel rushed either. I think that's partly because we weren't having to keep to a schedule of FP and ADRs but also partly because the lines were so short for most rides so we could just do what we wanted when we wanted. Perhaps the opening hours aren't covid related then and they are just trying to push everyone to head to Disney village. The ice cream did feel well deserved.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

What a fantastic first day I’m really impressed at the way you are just winging it without a strategic plan! I bet your feet were sore you both did loads today even with your afternoon snooze. Thanks for all the photos of my favourite ride...the maze brings back lots of memories too.
I’m so pleased you finally got some ice cream on the walk back to the hotel.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
What a fantastic first day I’m really impressed at the way you are just winging it without a strategic plan! I bet your feet were sore you both did loads today even with your afternoon snooze. Thanks for all the photos of my favourite ride...the maze brings back lots of memories too.
I’m so pleased you finally got some ice cream on the walk back to the hotel.
I know winging it is absoulety not my style but I learned to really enjoy it this trip. It helped that we didn't have to wait for anything unless we fancied it as there was always something to do that had low waits. We did need the afternoon break, we were up and out early and it was so hot in the afternoon it was worth it having a break as otherwise I think we'd have been tired and hot nd not enjoyed it as much. Paris Small World is spectacular, we loved it

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It’s funny how the weather was Florida-esque for you.

Ratatouille really is a great ride, it’s is what Disney is all about for me, accessible for all. I think it’s going to be a huge hit in World Showcase.

Glad you managed to dodge RC Racers, that is a terrifying ride.

I really like Parachute Drop, compare it to Tower of Terror for me please. I hadn’t thought about how TOT feels ‘safer’ because your feet are on the ground.

I did not know that RnRC had gone! What is going in its place? Is it being re-themed or razored?

I wonder how many masks have been lost on coasters!

I think I’d have definitely cried at PhilharMagic, it’s one of my favourite attractions.

Nachos and Chicken Wings, Kate is a girl after my own heart. The hot dogs at Casey’s look really good too.

We really missed a fridge in the room in DLP.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
It’s funny how the weather was Florida-esque for you.

Ratatouille really is a great ride, it’s is what Disney is all about for me, accessible for all. I think it’s going to be a huge hit in World Showcase.

Glad you managed to dodge RC Racers, that is a terrifying ride.

I really like Parachute Drop, compare it to Tower of Terror for me please. I hadn’t thought about how TOT feels ‘safer’ because your feet are on the ground.

I did not know that RnRC had gone! What is going in its place? Is it being re-themed or razored?

I wonder how many masks have been lost on coasters!

I think I’d have definitely cried at PhilharMagic, it’s one of my favourite attractions.

Nachos and Chicken Wings, Kate is a girl after my own heart. The hot dogs at Casey’s look really good too.

We really missed a fridge in the room in DLP.
It really was hot, very Floridian, although less rain than we are used it Florida.

The difference between Parachute drop and Tower of Terror for me is that I'm fearful of slipping under the bar or that the ride will go tech, not stop on the way down and my ankles will be shattered as we crash into the ground, both of which frankly are ridiculous. Neither of these problems exist on Tower of Terror as you're inside a small room with a solid floor and on a solid seat. The Tower of Terror drops are more intense and your bottom leaves the seat and you feel it in your belly. It's a very similar experience to turbulence on a plane. I love Tower of Terror and would happily ride it multiple times, whereas I'm scared on Parachute Drop and if I can avoid it I will! I know it's crazy and totally irrational.

Rock and Rollercoaster is apparently getting an Iron Man overlay. They are building a Marvel themed expansion to the park that is supposed to be opening in 2021. They are also in the process of building Frozen land too which is slated to open in 2023 I think this is an immersive Arendelle village, castle, shops and restaurant experience. So the Studios park has very few attractions at the moment.

It was a pain that we didn't have a fridge in the room as It would have been nice to have a cold drink.

Old 20 Sep 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh my goodness, what a jam packed day! I can’t believe how much you both got done, how brilliant!

First up, I can’t believe you like Crushers Coaster, I vowed to myself I would never go on it again. I was screaming like a banshee the whole way around 😂

Ratatouille wasn’t open when we went, what kind of ride is it?

Breakfast looks really yummy, that was a good find!

I bet you really needed that nap, you got loads done in the morning

Ah Caseys, where they do THE best hotdogs. What I would do to have one now 😭
I love all the gentle rides in DLP, also the maze! I had forgotten about that one!

I’m pleased Kate got her ice cream in the end 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh my goodness, what a jam packed day! I can’t believe how much you both got done, how brilliant!

First up, I can’t believe you like Crushers Coaster, I vowed to myself I would never go on it again. I was screaming like a banshee the whole way around 😂

Ratatouille wasn’t open when we went, what kind of ride is it?

Breakfast looks really yummy, that was a good find!

I bet you really needed that nap, you got loads done in the morning

Ah Caseys, where they do THE best hotdogs. What I would do to have one now 😭
I love all the gentle rides in DLP, also the maze! I had forgotten about that one!

I’m pleased Kate got her ice cream in the end 😂
Ratatouille is hard to describe actually as there isn't anything like it at wdw to compare it to. It's more similar to the rides at universal like Spiderman or Transformers as it's a 3D screen ride, but you are moving as well in your cart. The idea is that you are the size of a rat and in the kitchen and restaurant getting swept away by a broom and under the counter. It's very clever and they are building a version of it in the France pavilion at wdw which I think will be fab for Epcot.

Old 4 Oct 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What an amazing day
You got so much done, in fact I had thoughts that your return to the hotel at 1pm was it for the day

Thankfully not - you max'ed out every single minute!

Loads a fab photos again

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What an amazing day
You got so much done, in fact I had thoughts that your return to the hotel at 1pm was it for the day

Thankfully not - you max'ed out every single minute!

Loads a fab photos again
You're joking right? Surely you know me better than that! There's no way we were going to stay at the hotel all afternoon and evening, my feet got way too itchy! I did enjoy my snooze though it meant I was recharged for the evening and Kate had enjoyed watching a bit of the Disney Channel and just chilling out.