Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Sep 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi have a look at aftershockz they sit over the ear and you here the music through the temple, this is great if you are doing sports as it still allows sounds from traffic etc for safety
These look like they just may be my solution, completely removing the issue of ear fitting!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

Bose sunglasses. I was dubious but love them. When out walking dog I prefer them to my Apple AirPods.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've only tried a few types of wireless earbuds (mainly Airpods, Airpods Pro, and Plantronics which is not true wireless as the two sides are linked). I've found they stay in my ears to varying extents:

Airpods - don't fit very well in my ear. Fit just about enough for me to commute with them. However once I run with them they will fall out, unless I add on these little rubber earhook things which if I do they stay put. I did this for quite a while until I change to the Airpods Pro.

Airpods Pro - fit extremely well in my ears, no worries about them falling out at all. I run regularly and even when I'm sweating buckets they still feel very secure in my ears. They have 3 sizes of tips so chances are you can get a decent fit.

Plantronics - this is of the sort where there is a connection between the two sides, so less likely that one side will fall out without you noticing it!

Anyway, it might be worth just trying out a few and seeing if any fit your ears. Apple has a decent return period and in fact when I bought the Airpods/Pro the staff would tell me to bring it back for a refund if I found I didn't get on with them in real life!
Old 4 Sep 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

I gave up with in ear phones, just don't stay in. My tragus piercing wasn't a problem, but the conch piecing doesn't allow in ear.

I invested in bose over ear Bluetooth headphones. Much better in all ways.
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking at some of these recommendations myself. My AirPods stay in and are secure but they really hurt my ears after a while
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I use these Boltune ones amazon/Headphones-...bap_d_rp_1_9_t

You put them in and then twist them so that they lock in your ear. The shape of them then helps them stay in place.

Airpods I found to be nowhere near as good for staying in. Sound quality is better in the Airpods, but you'd hope so for the price difference. As I am mainly listening to podcasts and audiobooks then its not a problem.

You can also get wireless buds which have over ear hooks on them and some with additional hooks which stay within the ear.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you all.

I've ordered some Aftershokz and also some AirPod type ones with the around the ear bit so will see if either of those work out.

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Thank you all.

I've ordered some Aftershokz and also some AirPod type ones with the around the ear bit so will see if either of those work out.
If neither of these work then have a look at the powerbeats, hooking around the ear means they don't budge and they also come with 5 different size ear molds so you would be able to find one small enough to sit comfortably in your ear.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
If neither of these work then have a look at the powerbeats, hooking around the ear means they don't budge and they also come with 5 different size ear molds so you would be able to find one small enough to sit comfortably in your ear.
Thanks, I will. Interested to try the Aftershokz as they're so different so I think it'll be love it or hate it. The cheapie ones I've ordered fit in the same way as the powerbeats, so will be interesting to see if they stay in my ears, I won't compare quality obviously and will bear in mind that the beats have different sizes.

Old 4 Sep 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

I use aeropex aftershokz bone conducting headphones. They're blue tooth, waterproof and so comfortable.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List