Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 30 Sep 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have never had a rejoining offer when I have paused HelloFresh or Gousto either.
You have to cancel it, Hello fresh will then send you offers, usually 20% off 3 boxes. However, this time I saw an advert on Facebook, had to give my phone number, a nice man rang, gave me 1 box half price and 2 with 30% off... I had to register with DHs email though... that was a couple of weeks back, didn’t want to start that week but starting again in 2 weeks...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are in our second week of Hello Fresh after being recommended by DS and DDIL. To be honest, we feel like a wee bit of a treat at the mo as normal life is so tedious. We like the recipes, although a bit fancier than our usual.

Today was annoyed to open box and discover two of my three dishes needed chicken pieces and none in the box. Went on online chat and they have credited £6, but what if you can't pop out to the shops. A previous poster didn't get their coriander. Does this happen often with Hello Fresh?

DS and DDIL also like mindful chef.
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
We are in our second week of Hello Fresh after being recommended by DS and DDIL. To be honest, we feel like a wee bit of a treat at the mo as normal life is so tedious. We like the recipes, although a bit fancier than our usual.

Today was annoyed to open box and discover two of my three dishes needed chicken pieces and none in the box. Went on online chat and they have credited £6, but what if you can't pop out to the shops. A previous poster didn't get their coriander. Does this happen often with Hello Fresh?

DS and DDIL also like mindful chef.
We were missing a chicken stock cube from one of our gousto recipes but we had one in the cupboard so all OK and we got a refund so impressed with customer service
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I've only ever had small bits missing from Gusto but have always had refunds done quickly. It doesn't happen often.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Tonight's tea. Lamb harissa hotpot. Only complaint was that the green beans portion was small according to DH. I would do this again.

Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’ve never had things missing, but did complain once as one of the veg was off... refunded without a problem...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Well, I've looked at Hello Fresh. Nearly all the recipes I liked had extra to pay. Decided not to bother.
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Well, I've looked at Hello Fresh. Nearly all the recipes I liked had extra to pay. Decided not to bother.
This is what I find too a lot of the time.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Our first Hello Fresh box arrived today. All looks good and everything is dated Monday so loads of time to use.

I made the Harissa Chicken and Cauliflower. It said 20 minutes but took longer with the prep. The only thing I’d have liked was if my green beans were trimmed ( that makes me sound really fussy) I managed to slightly overcook the potatoes but dinner was still delicious.

Old 30 Sep 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We had Joe Wicks pizza topped chicken with salad from Gousto tonight and it was our first disappointing meal in 3 boxes. It tasted okay but it was really simple. The chicken breasts were good quality but tiny, the toppings slid off during cooking and the salad hadn’t kept well so I used a baby gem lettuce that I had in the fridge.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List