Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Oct 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We had 2 Hello Fresh meals this week.

Thai red curry meatballs - loved the sauce, the rice and the veg but I didn’t think beef meatballs really went. It also didn’t look as nice as the picture on the recipe card.

Thyme Chicken and roasted vegetables with sweet chilli jam. This was really good and made me remember how much I like roasted veg.
Old 10 Oct 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
amazon/dp/B0044TLK..._mPkGFbJNV5TA9

GAME CHANGER!
Thanks I'll check it out.

I did note on the recipe card last night that the ingredients that would be supplied for 3 people is not much less than 4 and this could work for sharing meals (ie things like curries rather than where you need something like one bun each). Often it said for 4 use a pot of spice, for example and for 3 people it said use 3/4 pot of spice - so you're gonna get sent a pot of spice anyways. For 3 a bag of green beans and same for 4 etc. Portions are large anyway, in our opinion so we're considering ordering for 3 people when our offer ceases, just to cut costs. DD often will have some but not all of the food as well so it might well work.

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hellin family View Post

I did note on the recipe card last night that the ingredients that would be supplied for 3 people is not much less than 4 and this could work for sharing meals (ie things like curries rather than where you need something like one bun each). Often it said for 4 use a pot of spice, for example and for 3 people it said use 3/4 pot of spice - so you're gonna get sent a pot of spice anyways. For 3 a bag of green beans and same for 4 etc. Portions are large anyway, in our opinion so we're considering ordering for 3 people when our offer ceases, just to cut costs. DD often will have some but not all of the food as well so it might well work.
This is a really good point for HF meals. I might try that.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

That's interesting re portion size. We are trying HF in a couple of weeks. We will be choosing things I can freeze a portion of to have when I need a meal when oh is out.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Had this from Mindful Chef last night.
Reality very close to picture. Very quick. Nice recipe book included which had all available recipes apart from those we chose. A bit more expensive than Gousto and Hello Fresh, but very high quality ingredients.Tasted lovely.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Started the Hello Fresh boxes again today... found that my Speedy lamb bolognese was going to be a pork bolognese as received pork mince instead of lamb, I did online chat and they refunded me £7, and to be fair I don’t think it affected the taste at al... a first for us trying fennel, which I will use again...
My portion is about a quarter of the meal it made but I can’t eat large portions...
It was lovely, will make this again...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

And today was...
Chicken and mushroom stew (with leeks and green beans) with a red wine jus and cheesy mash... was lovely and will make again...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Started the Hello Fresh boxes again today... found that my Speedy lamb bolognese was going to be a pork bolognese as received pork mince instead of lamb, I did online chat and they refunded me £7, and to be fair I don’t think it affected the taste at al... a first for us trying fennel, which I will use again...
My portion is about a quarter of the meal it made but I can’t eat large portions...
It was lovely, will make this again...
We had this tonight with the lamb. I’d never cooked with fresh fennel before. I thought the portion was absolutely massive, I couldn’t finish it.

Old 13 Oct 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’m building up a supply of garlic! Every time you need a clove they send you a whole bulb and then we use the cheat stuff anyway- ‘lazy garlic ‘ from a jar as it makes your hands smell for days grating garlic cloves !
Get one of these they are great:

amazon/FREETOO-Cru...ap_m_rp_1_1_dc

Despite the pictures you don’t even have to peel the garlic. Seconds it takes.

Edited at 09:13 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
We had North African lamb and lentil curry tonight.

Another massive portion and I only put in one of the packs of lentils. It was really really good.