Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Mar 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile Any Thailand experts

Been to Orlando loads of times now. Back again this September. I want to try somewhere new.

Would love to try Bangkok for a few days and then a beach resort for swimming in the sea. I've read loads of forums and trip reports but it's making me more confused.

My husband has set holidays so I would have to travel either last 3 weeks of august or middle 2 weeks of November. I love my sunshine so if those times of year are constant rain then I would give it a miss. I love sightseeing and shopping.

Can anyone help with suggestions on areas to visit. It's all too overwhelming for me.
myvot is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

The rainy season lasts from May to November and is dominated by the southwest monsoon, during which time rainfall in most of Thailand is at its heaviest. So our winter to spring is the best time to be visiting.
Bangkok is enormous so I'd recommend a hotel not far from the Chao Prya river for ease of travel up and down.
Nice alternate beach areas are Phuket, Hua Hin, Koh Samet (an island) or Pranburi. Depends on what appeals to you. Search on internet for all these places.
The people are always smiling and you are assured of a warm sa- wat - dee (hello)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Would mid November be an OK time to visit weather wise? If so what beach areas have the better weather that time of year? I would love a beach area where I could swim in the sea and have loads of shops/restaurants etc within walking distance.
myvot is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We absolutely love
le meridien in Phuket has lovely restaurants its own beach and is just a 10 minute drive to Patong if you want to go for a more lively evening or shopping, my favourite place 😉
Old 7 Mar 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

We went to Thailand last August . We had very little rain , so we were lucky . Bangkok is amazing , but very humid this time of year . After investigation we went to Samui as this had the better weather in August . Beautiful Island .
If I had the choice I would go in November but we were restricted to school holidays .
We flew into Bangok with Cathay Pacific ( via Hong Kong ) and can definitely recommend them as an airline. Look out for a sale we paid £420 return .

Edited at 09:49 AM.
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Bear in mind when you pick when/where to go that the wet seasons are different depending on whether you choose east or west... i think if i remember correctly that islands to the west were dry when we went in december... we were in the east islands during wet season and actually it wasn't bad, but we could have just gotten lucky
pegal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We have been going to khao lak,for the past four years.
We love it there,it is our holiday of the year,where we totally relax.
The rainy season there,is approx from may until November.
But as already said,there are regions,where the rainy season,is at different times,so I think for august,you would be looking at a different region,to November.
Please don't look at Pattaya,I can't imagine anyone liking it there.
Tracy x
Old 8 Mar 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
We're going to Khao Lak in May/June and have no idea what to expect. It looks like a beach holiday with limited shopping but Phuket isn't that far away. I'm also finding it all very overwhelming.
pammiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

We are booked for Koh Samui in July following 3 days in Bangkok. As said above the weather varies depending on region, hence we booked Samui as we are limited to school holidays. 1st time for us, so a little apprehensive...

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
We are booked for Koh Samui in July following 3 days in Bangkok. As said above the weather varies depending on region, hence we booked Samui as we are limited to school holidays. 1st time for us, so a little apprehensive...
I felt the same but honestly you have nothing to worry about . If I can help with anything just ask. Are you flying Bangkok airways to Samui ? If so they are great , you get a full service meal on this very short flight and automatic access the the lounge . Samui airport is lovely . I used public transport with no problems . Just myself and my son travelled here and later met up with my friend and her daughter to travel Vietnam and Cambodia . Best holiday I’ve ever had , although my son still prefers Florida but it came s close second , praise indeed from a teenager .
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List