Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Best way to experience Grand Canyon from Vegas?

I have an innate fear of helicopters and small aircraft so we were planning on driving ourselves to the Grand Canyon for a day out - DH is looking forward to the drive - and we were going to the West Rim and do the Skywalk etc as we really don't have time to go to the South Rim, however I have read the reviews of the Skywalk etc and they're not great which is putting me off really, especially we can't even take photos on it and would have to pay £££ for their photos.

I guess what I am asking is - is there any better way to see some of the Grand Canyon other than this point at the West Rim, without going all the way to the South Rim
Old 7 May 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Stay overnight at the South rim, absolutely stunning at sunset & sunrise if there's any accommodation available - usually book up a year in advance but you never know may have been a cancellation. We stayed at El Tovar
We've been to west and South rim before, going back to South rim next month

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Stay overnight at the South rim, absolutely stunning at sunset & sunrise if there's any accommodation available - usually book up a year in advance but you never know may have been a cancellation. We stayed at El Tovar
We've been to west and South rim before, going back to South rim next month
Problem is, we'll lose too much time in Vegas if we stop over and it's certainly not a day trip to South Rim is it . We may have to skip it on this trip.
Old 7 May 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pookle View Post
I have an innate fear of helicopters and small aircraft so we were planning on driving ourselves to the Grand Canyon for a day out - DH is looking forward to the drive - and we were going to the West Rim and do the Skywalk etc as we really don't have time to go to the South Rim, however I have read the reviews of the Skywalk etc and they're not great which is putting me off really, especially we can't even take photos on it and would have to pay £££ for their photos.

I guess what I am asking is - is there any better way to see some of the Grand Canyon other than this point at the West Rim, without going all the way to the South Rim
Hi
We just got back yesterday from Vegas...amazing btw!
We did a tour to the Grand Canyon south rim with grand adventures & it was amazing! It’s a 15 + hour day but it was worth it.
We stopped at hoover dam, 30 mins, Kingman for a rest stop & then Seligman the birth place of Route 66 For about 40 mins. We got some amazing pictures! It really broke the journey up & from there it was about an hour or a bit more to the GC!
Thus was the highlight of our week long trip to Vegas it’s something I won’t forget! We spend 4 hours in the GC & we left after sunset. Just amazing! I can’t highly recommend this company enough, breakfast & lunch all included in the price. I would go again with them.

Edited at 02:05 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Hi
We just got back yesterday from Vegas...amazing btw!
We did a tour to the Grand Canyon south rim with grand adventures & it was amazing! It’s a 15 + hour day but it was worth it.
We stopped at hoover dam, 30 mins, Kingman for a rest stop & then Seligman the birth place of Route 66 For about 40 mins. We got some amazing pictures! It really broke the journey up & from there it was about an hour or a bit more to the GC!
Thus was the highlight of our week long trip to Vegas it’s something I won’t forget! We spend 4 hours in the GC & we left after sunset. Just amazing! I can’t highly recommend this company enough, breakfast & lunch all included in the price. I would go again with them.
Fab, okay this is a great option. I've read all the reviews of Grand Adventures before and was going to book the Skywalk with them before but I think I'd prefer the longer day and do the proper Grand Canyon.
Old 7 May 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pookle View Post
Fab, okay this is a great option. I've read all the reviews of Grand Adventures before and was going to book the Skywalk with them before but I think I'd prefer the longer day and do the proper Grand Canyon.
Here’s a few pics, I can’t wsit to go again!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We did the South Rim tour with Viator. Long day but well worth it. Driver was very entertaining & informative.
As Lou Lou says - the highlight of the trip. Amazing.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List