Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

When is the best time to book Vegas hotel?

Wanting to book Vegas for next Feb half term for OH's 40th. Flight prices look quite good at the mo either in and out of LAX or LAS but holding out for a BA flydrive deal in the sale. Hotels look very pricey though when looking through Booking.com or Travel Republic. Do they typically come down in price if I leave it a while or should I book now with free cancellation and keep checking? Is my budget of £1500 for flights/mid strip hotel and at a push car hire realistic?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Have you looked at wether there is any huge events going on at that time? Eg. Conventions, NASCAR etc.
They can push the price up and keep it up. If not then I expect they might go down. I was having a similar wobble about booking and figured I would book with someone who I could cancel with if the price went down.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
NASCAR is March...It’s never on the West Coast until the first weekend in March..

I go feb/march every year and quite often don’t book until the December sales for flights.. hotels again December time usually.. I go for the NASCAR which is busy and I’ve always got what i want still.

These days I fly in and out of LA as I end up there, this year in the BA sale I paid £1150 for the 2 of us direct from London with a Int SUV for 20 days. I booked the flights in the December sale.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Book direct with the hotel on a refundable rate (most are) check the prices once a week if they go down call the hotel and they will adjust your rate.

We had a penthouse suite at mirage booked at $650 per night ended up paying $175
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Thank you all. Our dates are 16th-23rd Feb, I don't think there are any major conventions on that week but I stand to be corrected.
I think I'll book flight and car together, hopefully in BA sale and play the waiting game for hotels. If they don't come down in price we'll be staying in Circus Circus 🙈

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

10 to 12 weeks before your arrival date (unless there's a big convention in which case book ASAP!)

I had some great deals with Hotwire in the past but that was a few years ago so don't know if that's changed.

Las Vegas was my first mug ... Just saying
Old 16 May 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
10 to 12 weeks before your arrival date (unless there's a big convention in which case book ASAP!)

I had some great deals with Hotwire in the past but that was a few years ago so don't know if that's changed.

Las Vegas was my first mug ... Just saying
Thanks Karen I'll try and be less impatient
Don't judge but as soon as I had the idea about gong to Vegas I hunted down someone on the super cool Starbucks Facebook group I'm on to send it to me

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 16 May 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thanks Karen I'll try and be less impatient
Don't judge but as soon as I had the idea about gong to Vegas I hunted down someone on the super cool Starbucks Facebook group I'm on to send it to me
I’m nosey . What’s the mug thing about?
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
I’m nosey . What’s the mug thing about?
Haha don’t worry I should have explained!
I collect the Starbucks ‘You Are Here’ mugs. What started as an innocent collection of the 4 original Disneyworld ones has turned into a fairly unhealthy obsession once SB announced they are discontinuing the North American ones. I’ve even got Beth from Personal Fairytale Shopper taking in packages of mugs for me that people have sent through a Facebook group I’m in. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I’ve spent the last few months 😳

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 17 May 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

I booked about 6 months ago, there are some better rates now but the room we want (Fountain View Double Queen at Bellagio) are sold out so we can't change it if we wanted to unless we went for a strip view room.