Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

My home changed during lockdown

I don't mean I've had any building/decorating work done but (apart from DH taking over DS's recently vacated bedroom as an office) it's the little things that I still notice, although thinking back to the early days makes me realise how far we have already come.

For example today I noticed that I still have a different version of anti bac spray and different brand of cooking oil because my usual ones weren't available.

I'm still using herbs I bought from a different supermarket than usual and have a small hoard (12 rolls) of previously unknown to me toilet paper.

Did you have to make any little changes due to lockdown?
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We make sure we have a few more spare toilet rolls than before. Plus dried pasta, chopped tomatoes, chilli beans, dispenser soap.

Not hoards but enough for a few weeks supplies if needed.

As we use anything out of those we replace, so always have spare.

Our supermarkets were stripped bare at the start, with queues all round the car parks to get in. We've just got a few spare bits now.

Edited at 06:20 PM.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I dont think the stuff in my house is the change but I now do feel more grounded here. We moved from a city centre home to this village home last year.

My husband immediately settled but I missed my city home a lot. Lockdown has made me appreciate our large garden and space, I know we are lucky and I now appreciate it.

So, my house has changed to a home.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We have managed to spend a lot more time in the garden and I think it’s looking really lovely at the minute. Normally, we are busy footballing (son not me 😂 ) several times a week and Saturday and Sunday so don’t get chance to do the garden. I’ve always loved where I lived but being stuck at home has made me appreciate how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful part of the country.

A photo I took this morning on my walk.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Im constantly anti bac everywhere, not that i didnt clean before, but to the point my family shout at me so i try to do it in secret. Also i have a nice stash of hand gel (i need it fro tuesday being back in a school haha) and one permanently by the front door.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We have done so much to the house that basically all the jobs planned for next year as well will have been completed by the end of Sept.

Our food cupboards are much fuller. I posted about this circa a Month after the shops were back to normal. Never again will I face the prospect of getting caught out so we have tons of stock now.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We have hand wash, anti bac and zoflora everywhere, and I do a daily wipe down of all surfaces. I too have stashed some pasta, beans, rice, flour etc just in case... not to mention the ton of paracetamol I panic bought at the beginning of lockdown!

We have a strict wash your hands as soon as you enter the house policy for everyone. Im still not wearing jewellery, or make up, or nail polish etc, and not using my full handbag, just essentials in a little disney tote.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've just started reducing our cleaning stock back down to 'normal' levels. Some extra packets still, but not too much. We went without rather than using different products, so those are now caught up.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD was diagnosed coeliac early 2018 and we made a family decision to eat only gluten free at home. This might seem odd to some but DD is also type1 diabetic so this latest diagnoses seemed extra unfair so we we went all in as support.

At the beginning of lockdown this ended abruptly as we couldn’t purchase GF food leaving less for those that had no other options.

Overnight we went to a mixed house but thankfully DD hasn’t been cross contaminated (she has bloods done recently so we know that for sure).
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ours has in that before we’d moved completely in to the granny flat but we are now in the main house and our son and grandson in the 2 bed granny flat and we share a couple of rooms
I was brought up at the back of beyond and the kids laughed at my. Store cupboard/ freezer ie um nobody freezes cheese milk bread butter cold meat eats tinned corn beef
Buys on the next shop what you just opened
Enough to say I’ve not got 3 tomes the amount of Armageddon stores as they called it
And that includes paracetamol gavisvon lem sip vick bandaids to dog food flea and tick
Meds to wrapping paper birthday cards gifts to stamps and printer ink and batteries matches etc
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List