Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jan 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Let her enjoy the champagne on the flight over. It’s always an excuse to take her back. X
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I’ve always been offended that I’m 37 and I’ve never once been asked for ID in America. I was hoping I’d be asked in a liquor store the last time I was there, but I didn’t. I also went out drinking in New York when I was 20, and got served in 3 bars. I must look really old 😭
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I’ve always been offended that I’m 37 and I’ve never once been asked for ID in America. I was hoping I’d be asked in a liquor store the last time I was there, but I didn’t. I also went out drinking in New York when I was 20, and got served in 3 bars. I must look really old 😭
Me too, i was 40 the first time i went to usa, been 6 times, never been asked. Im 50 now so have no hope of a challenge!
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
DD was refused a drink in Tutto Italia as she only had her driving licence and no passport. It was the week of her 40th birthday.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Not Disney, but a few years back didn’t someone get banned from Universal just for handing an alcoholic drink to a minor to hold for them? I think they take the age limit very seriously over there
I remember that!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

They take it very serious over there My DH bought me a drink in a restaurant outside the parks and gave it too me the staff spotted me drinking it they had a go at him saying he would be reported I had to run to our hotel nextdoor to get my passport to stop them reporting him. I was 28 at the time too !
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Me and my husband got refused alcohol in the smokey mountains when we went for a meal as we never had id on us.
We’re 67 and 55 now so at the time I would say we were 58 and 46.
Last time I got refused was 3 years ago in Memphis on Beale St so 52 at the time.
I really wouldn’t do it,they do take it seriously and wouldn’t want to find out what the consequences may be.
Tracy x
WOW it must be so nice to look under 21 🙊🙊
Lucky you 💕💕

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
DD was refused a drink in Tutto Italia as she only had her driving licence and no passport. It was the week of her 40th birthday.
Happened to me in Epcot and I was over 40 as well. Such a pain as it was at food and wine but I moved in to the next booth and I was ok. I guess different people have different risk appetites.
Alices Aunt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List