Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 17 Dec 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I'm glad it's not just me then, I was beginning to think I was being awkward , like you've all said the joy of giving is watching them opening their gifts . If they were little I would have said ok but the youngest is 14 almost!
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
They will have the majority of their gifts Xmas day so it will be nice to have gifts to open boxing day, you bought the gifts you do it your way, you shouldn't feel pressured and if I'm honest I agree with the comments about her needing to grow up
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
OMG how juvenile of her. My sister and I have swapped gifts my mail, all being well I will be in California and she (en facile) in Fulwood, Sheffield. We will officially "swap" ie open them over FaceTime Christmas Day - no way would we not share that way - I want to see her face when she opens hers and her mine (although with the time different of 8 hrs I will be in my PJs and her in her party gear !)
Ahh fulwood I know it well... The posh end of Sheffield... I was lucky enough to go over that end of town once in a blue moon before I had to return to my more pleb part of town 🤣🤣😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Ahh fulwood I know it well... The posh end of Sheffield... I was lucky enough to go over that end of town once in a blue moon before I had to return to my more pleb part of town 🤣🤣😉
Its a nice area for sure - right by the peaks and my sister has Forge Dam across the road form her house and that's great for her dogs
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We’re not seeing my mother in law until the 27th & I wouldn’t dream of asking her for my kids presents before that. That’ll be another exciting day for them to open more presents with her.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I personally would not be giving the gifts early, the best part about giving a gift is watching them open it! Plus I’m sure they will have plenty to open on Christmas Day, so have a couple more to open on Boxing Day is a real treat. Try not to worry about it. Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

My mum worked as a geriatric nurse, usually worked Christmas day, so we went to see her on Boxing day. They always made it their special day, so cooked a Christmas type dinner and handed our presents, we loved it, 2 x Christmas days. She would usually cook something different to what we had on Christmas day. As others have said the children loved having 2 lots of presents.
OP I am with you, I LOVE watching people open their presents from me, maybe just tell her that watching her, your son and their childrens faces opening their presents is what makes gifting so special for you.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, my husband popped in to see them all today as he was working nearby , he had a quiet word in our sons ear , who said " yeah dad dont worry about it , boxing day is fine , I'll have a word " ... good lad
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List