Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 22, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Sit down before you start looking at car hire prices!
They were ridiculous a month or so back, but seem to have dropped significantly from MCO in past few weeks.

I guess the hire companies are building the fleets back up.

Avoid points are treating us to a standard SUV, but the cash price was reasonable (relatively).

Edited at 01:14 PM.
HenrysDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Did I read somewhere that when filling in a new application that the photo off your passport is required and downloaded onto the form.
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Did I read somewhere that when filling in a new application that the photo off your passport is required and downloaded onto the form.
John

I remember as far back as 2016 (maybe even earlier ) you could scan your passport into the ESTA form but there was always the alternative option to enter the details manually.

You still have that option.

Mick

Edited at 05:52 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
John

I remember as far back as 2016 (maybe even earlier ) you could scan your passport into the ESTA form but there was always the alternative option to enter the details manually.

You still have that option.

Mick
Mick, thank you very much for your help,
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Mick, thank you very much for your help,
John

I clearly remember "back in the day" people posting on here that they'd struggled for over an hour to scan their passports in. Takes me about 5 minutes to enter manually.

Mick
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just entered all information manually, didn’t take too long to do all 3 of ours. 😊
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
we did all 5 of ours on Saturday night and they were back within 45mins. we got an email to say there had been a status change and all checked lol
found it easier than before for some reason. Uploaded a photo of all our passports and the info was copied over.
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
discodunn0
Getting Excited

discodunn0's Reviews
We are due to go on 1 July (3rd time lucky! ), when would you recommend doing our ESTAs? Xx
discodunn0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by discodunn0 View Post
We are due to go on 1 July (3rd time lucky! ), when would you recommend doing our ESTAs? Xx
This is a personal opinion only but one I’ve posted many times since ESTAs were made compulsory in January 2009. Others may have a totally opposite but just as valid opinion.

Having read maybe 90% of ESTA threads since they were made compulsory I'd say the consensus of the majority of DIBB opinions is to do them 6 months out and/or before you commit any serious non-refundable money to a holiday.

The chances of a rejection are extremely small but over the years there have been enough reported on the DIBB. About 5 years ago there was a major software failure at SFB which recorded hundreds of passengers as overstayers and their subsequent ESTA applications were refused. More common reason for refusal though is carelessness - answering an obvious NO question as YES. The "6 months" suggestion is just to allow time to get a visa should the very slight risk of refusal occur.

The other reason to do them before financial commitment is that if you are refused your insurance won't reimburse you if you can't travel because of no ESTA.

I think most Dibbers see the $14 investment as something that's best sorted as another box ticked compared with the overall cost of a holiday. We don’t subscribe to the view that if I do them late enough I might squeeze another holiday out of my $14 investment.

For what it’s worth can I also suggest doing them on the largest screen possible - we use a desktop with a large monitor. We both sit side by side and both read the question. One of us enters the data and the other checks it. You have two options to check that you’ve answered “NO” to an obvious question – triple check it. There’s no trick questions and they don’t want to keep bona fide visitors out. Don’t stress and take your time.

We’ve had live and valid ESTAs since they were introduced – maybe 7 or 8 each so the above is simply my opinion.

Mick
Old 27 Jan 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
discodunn0
Getting Excited

discodunn0's Reviews
Thanks Mick, my daughters new passport has despatched so I'll get them done as soon as that arrives. You are right, peace of mind for the sake of $14 x
discodunn0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List