Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jan 22, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jenksy74 View Post
Thanks, just think it may be better walking wise to places... and Millers still not too far away... don't think a great difference in actual hotel... both get similarly good write ups... I will try and weigh up pros n cons over weekend... big pro being walkable to Walmart though... probably a lynx bus goes there too.

T
We stay at Rosen Inn International & we walked round the corner to Wendy’s one day, all Hubbie did was moan too hot & sweaty, we did have a car just fancied a walk 🙊
Walmart is further though and don’t forget you’ll have shopping too but I suppose you can get a taxi back
The hotel is brilliant for restaurants nearby
Denny’s next door do a $2 4 6 8 menu such good value
IHOP over the road
Dunkin Donuts next door for quick & cheap breakfast
Perkins on the corner & Mcdonalds too
Cici’s 100 metres up the road
You’ll spoilt for choice really

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Cheers... I think so too... and I'm not bringing change back lol... I think 3-3.5k is plenty to eat, bring shopping back, do stuff there.

T
Exactly! The money was saved to be spent haha

You’ll have more than enough from what I’ve seen you mention in previous posts. If we didn’t have the Disney credit we would never eat in the parks as much as we did, our food budget would probably be half of what we actually spent using the credits.

Eating offsite is just so much more affordable plus there’s always great set menu deals and happy hours. I’m a personal fan of the half price appetisers and 2
For 1 drinks at Applebees in an evening.

You’ll have a great time, I’m super jealous. We’re actually just looking at booking the Rosen for September, not stayed there before but ideal location. You’ll have to let us know how you get on.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
Exactly! The money was saved to be spent haha

You’ll have more than enough from what I’ve seen you mention in previous posts. If we didn’t have the Disney credit we would never eat in the parks as much as we did, our food budget would probably be half of what we actually spent using the credits.

Eating offsite is just so much more affordable plus there’s always great set menu deals and happy hours. I’m a personal fan of the half price appetisers and 2
For 1 drinks at Applebees in an evening.

You’ll have a great time, I’m super jealous. We’re actually just looking at booking the Rosen for September, not stayed there before but ideal location. You’ll have to let us know how you get on.
Will do, it's Rosen Pointe that's booked on recommendation of colleagues... but I may change mind...hard though as Pointe close to Millers, Dave n Busters, TGI, Bahama Breeze but these places would only be visited once, International has Perkins, Golden Corral, Dunkin, Mcdonald,Cici right on door... and a walk to Walmart with taxi back...
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Sounds like plenty to me, as long as you have a credit card for back up I wouldn’t take anymore with me.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

As I get ever closer to trip would fellow dibbers think that $3k is a big enough budget to travel with?

We are not doing Disney, not driving so not paying for parking. Buying a lynx bus card prior to travel although will get the odd Uber.

Universal tickets bought, along with DC ultimate swim. Will also be staying overnight in RPR (not in budget) so money is basically for food, shopping, travel and other things on Idrive.

We will also spend some time at hotel by pool (Rosen Pointe).

I may have an extra $500 if required but prefer to stay near the 3k

Oh and it's me and DS12 and DS10.

Thanks

Terry
Well we haven't been since 2019, but we didnt spend that much last time and there are four of us (boys were 13/14) and we went for nearly 4 weeks.
Granted we did have a week on dining plan, the other three weeks we did the odd cheap self catered day, and then ate at a mixture of cheaper places (Dennys, Cicis, Perkins etc) but we also at Hard Rock, Bubbas, Angus, Bahama Breeze etc and other places that were a bit more pricey. We are all pretty easy going and will eat most things, and not fussed about expensive restaurants.
We are not massive shoppers so that probably helps, and the boys had some money of their own to buy some bits.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I think that’s perfectly do-able.
Does anyone ever end up eating 3 meals a day? We never do
I think you’ll be fine with that and can have a mix of cheap and cheerful and some nicer meals too.
I would avoid park drinks though.
So expensive! You’d easily lose a good few meals worth on those

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 09:13 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I think that’s perfectly do-able.
Does anyone ever end up eating 3 meals a day? We never do
I think you’ll be fine with that and can have a mix of cheap and cheerful and some nicer meals too.
I would avoid park drinks though.
So expensive! You’d easily lose a good few meals worth on those
DS12 can be a gannet but we will be doing so much he won't have a chance lol...2 decent meals a day will be fine
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Well we haven't been since 2019, but we didnt spend that much last time and there are four of us (boys were 13/14) and we went for nearly 4 weeks.
Granted we did have a week on dining plan, the other three weeks we did the odd cheap self catered day, and then ate at a mixture of cheaper places (Dennys, Cicis, Perkins etc) but we also at Hard Rock, Bubbas, Angus, Bahama Breeze etc and other places that were a bit more pricey. We are all pretty easy going and will eat most things, and not fussed about expensive restaurants.
We are not massive shoppers so that probably helps, and the boys had some money of their own to buy some bits.
Not fussed for expensive places at all as DS12 will basically have a burger or chicken or wings, pizza... DS10 will eat all that but will also do steak... but will have odd night at Millers, Bahama, TREX cafe when in D Springs... we will know when happy hour days are and two for ones etc.

T
Old 27 Jan 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

I would say that is absolutely enough to have a wonderful holiday! Sometimes we all overthink and worry too much!
Just go and have a great time.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Our last trip in 2019 I just paid for pretty much everything food wise on credit card (which came to £1200) and took about $500 in cash.
We were onsite at Universal for the first week and then a villa.
2a2c (6&3) we ate out most nights and ate meals in the parks.
I don’t eat a lot but I also find with the heat I eat less too.
We would have bagels for breakfast in the room then we generally share a few quick service meals between us and then dinner. We took our own water bottles to the parks which saves loads.
I always find fruit is expensive which I got for the kids (and me) to snack on.
So definitely can be done although I expect our food budget to be a lot more this time as our son who will be 9 eats loads now!

Edited at 10:27 PM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List