Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Jan 22, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have just used it on my own holiday, albeit in California. The “tip board” was not a tip board at all, it was simply a list of all the rides and wait times, which I did refer to as you use this screen to book a lightening lane.

My day seemed utterly pointless. I say I want to go to “x restaurant” and it makes a suggestion of “x restaurant”. I don’t see what value it is adding and was not joking about the piece of paper being just as useful.
Was it worth paying for Genie+ in California? We go summer and have never been so will be there 4 nights, and in park longer than we are at WDW? Had intended just to pay for it- assuming it gives some real benefit.

Edited at 03:21 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We haven’t done Disney since 2019 doing it July August this year with the grandkids
Not looking forward to all this faffing about to be honest have booked all 14 days that our tickets have but know we won’t be doing 14 days
I’ll have the pen and paper at the ready
Oh for the days you woke up and said let’s go to AK this morning or did a 4 parks in one day
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Was it worth paying for Genie+ in California? We go summer and have never been so will be there 4 nights, and in park longer than we are at WDW? Had intended just to pay for it- assuming it gives some real benefit.
I much prefer the old Orlando fastpass system (never used the old LA system), but yes on balance I think Genie+ was worth it most days.

It was a bank holiday weekend when we arrived so glad to have it the first day (Sunday), we skipped Monday but Tuesday was still quite busy. Then by Friday the weekend crowds started to arrive again, especially that evening. We didn’t need it on the Wednesday and could have got away without it on Thursday.

It generally is easy to get Lightening Lanes and most things are available somewhere between immediately and within the hour. Only Soarin was hard to get a lightening Lane for and this is one to try for first thing, but it is not a RoTR type race, you just need to remember to do it promptly. By the afternoon the Space Mountain lightening lanes have about a two hour wait.

We did almost every attraction that had LL each time we went into the park, so that saved us a few hours every day, we are not patient with queues so it was worth it to us and of course we only needed to buy for two people. If I were going again, I wouldn’t bother mid week but would probably get for Friday to Monday.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

YorkshireT, your issues with Genie+ seemed very weird! I'll be interested to see if our 2019 bookings etc will be there too 🙄 Which tickets did you have, is it because they're UK ones? Our current ones are Ultimates booked via WDTC.uk, we haven't changed them to the Magic etc ones.

Re Genie+ in California, there's a recent video on Allears channel, Molly liked using it there.

Edited at 06:34 PM.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
YorkshireT, your issues with Genie+ seemed very weird! I'll be interested to see if our 2019 bookings etc will be there too 🙄 Which tickets did you have, is it because they're UK ones? Our current ones are Ultimates booked via WDTC.uk, we haven't changed them to the Magic etc ones.

Re Genie+ in California, there's a recent video on Allears channel, Molly liked using it there.
Just standard U.K. tickets. I think there is a bug in the software where if you have a park booked, cancel it and book another, it may not recognise the ticket. However concierge were perplexed. Showed it them on my phone. They said it’s there on our computer and did it straight away. Weird. That wasn’t Genie+ though that was MDE. Also park day bookings just going missing was MDE as well. Not well programmed it seems.