Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jan 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mizza40
Helping Minnie

Yeah I think people had issues in 2020 getting refunds but seems to be better now. I'm going to take the risk as the package is good for me
Mizza40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Virgin love to spin a yarn about needing to book asap at a highly inflated price. Absolute nonsense.

However, without some happily paying over the odds those of us looking for the best deals could end up paying more 😂

Club rooms at HRH will not sell out anytime soon for august. They’re still available for this august which is expected to be very busy.

We booked club at HRH two weeks ago for this Feb, when most room types are already sold out.

Personally i’d book everything separately, hotels usually on release as prices don’t often come down, then watch flights from release. I’d never book a package pre flight release.

Think of travel agents like car salesmen and estate agents, they’ll say what they need to to get a sale. (No offence to any of those trades on here)
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

We’re using Kenwood Travel this year.
We chose them when Thomas Cook folded as their quote was £2K cheaper.

BA Premium out, Economy back
5 nights Beach Club
2 nights RPR Club level
Disney and Universal tickets
Car hire
4 bed villa at Windsor Palms
2 adults, 2 teens
£13,700.
A good price I think and we’ve had 2 more years to save up for it!
The customer service is great so far and the travel agent I deal with (Pam) is very knowledgeable about Florida.
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

We used your florida holiday for 5 adults 1 child in May this year.

Albeit we are off site so considerably cheaper and not half term. We have paid the below for Virgin flights, 2 bedroom apartment in Kissimmee, and fully insured car hire on a 7 seater, I've also listed the add ons and total is £11.6k. Shop around and don't be afraid to tell them they're taking the p***!

Your Florida Holiday - Flights/Accom/Car Hire - £4,995.00
Attraction Tickets - Discovery Cove/Seaworld - £805.00
Loews Royal Pacific - One Night Stay - £673.76
Attraction Tickets - Combo Ticket Universal/Disney - £4,565.00
Manchester Airport - Parking Drop & Go T2 2 CARS - £180.30
Manchester Airport - Escape Lounge T2 - £151.62
Cover for you - Travel Insurance - £280.50
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Edited at 06:20 PM.
Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mlu1301
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney17 View Post
We have got a quote from virgin holidays.
£21000 for family of 4 for 3 weeks, 2 weeks Disney hotel ( beach club) and 1 week hard rock hotel . Without car.

Seems bit steep to me, wondered who you guys use and if you thought this was expensive
Seems steep to me. I use travelplanners they are great for split stay holidays. I was 18k for 10 of us. We are 8 adults 2 teens, going for 16 days, 8 days disney coronado springs with dining credit n park tickets, 8 days idrive, icon wheel tickets, flying from aberdeen with BA end of June, transfers included. I purchased universal tickets seperately from Orlando Attraction tickets. Although this vacation was originally booked in 2020 and has been moved 3 times.

Sept 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Oct 2011 - All Stars Music
Sept 2009 - DLP - Sante Fe
May 2006 - Pop Century
mlu1301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
We used your florida holiday for 5 adults 1 child in May this year.

Albeit we are off site so considerably cheaper and not half term. We have paid the below for Virgin flights, 2 bedroom apartment in Kissimmee, and fully insured car hire on a 7 seater, I've also listed the add ons and total is £11.6k. Shop around and don't be afraid to tell them they're taking the p***!

Your Florida Holiday - Flights/Accom/Car Hire - £4,995.00
Attraction Tickets - Discovery Cove/Seaworld - £805.00
Loews Royal Pacific - One Night Stay - £673.76
Attraction Tickets - Combo Ticket Universal/Disney - £4,565.00
Manchester Airport - Parking Drop & Go T2 2 CARS - £180.30
Manchester Airport - Escape Lounge T2 - £151.62
Cover for you - Travel Insurance - £280.50
The flights/car / accommodation part sounds remarkable value at £4995!

Well done.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
The flights/car / accommodation part sounds remarkable value at £4995!

Well done.
As soon as they gave that quote I snapped them up! We booked Dec 20 before the massive increase in prices and they absolutely must have lost money in this deal 😂
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would pick a suite at one of the values, the pull down beds are just as good as a full bed and you would have a kitchen and extra bathroom, which with teens is a must! I wouldn’t book anything until next year because Disney 2023 rooms aren’t even on sale yet. Virgin flights aren’t even on sale yet, so they’re using guest work!

This august, we have

flights & car hire - Heathrow to Miami & Tampa to Gatwick - Tahoe or similar £3028
2 nights Hard Rock - £700
3 nights Pop century - £475
3 day Disney ticket - £800
14 day universal ticket - £1181
Discovery cove non swim ultimates - £600
Insurance - £290
Airport lounge - £100
5 bed villa - £2000 (£1000 each family as sharing with friends)

So £8174 for 19 days, 2 adults and 16 & 14 year olds. £21k is extortionate, even if you do need extra space, it shouldn’t be anywhere near that figure!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
There is none so disreputable as a salesman chasing a commission.

There is vastly more combined knowledge on this forum than there is in the whole Virgin Holidays sales team. We have all been there, done it and bought the T Shirt many times over… hundreds of thousands of times when combined.

It doesn’t even necessarily follow that this agent has visited Florida or even has knowledge of the millions of options available within an Orlando vacation.
You have a very poor view of agents
Most have worked relentlessly through the pandemic to do the best for their customers for no money at all
That salesman in virgin in actual fact is probably getting nothing extra for doing that booking as shop targets are extremely high especially in January. I have a lot of friends in retail and none of them have reached target so will be getting their usual poor wage this month

Who do you think gets the money when you go direct?
Agents don’t charge extra, but get a small cut of the money from the airline or Disney for providing a service
I’m going to have to take a break from here for my mental health I think
Old 28 Jan 22, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
You have a very poor view of agents
Most have worked relentlessly through the pandemic to do the best for their customers for no money at all
That salesman in virgin in actual fact is probably getting nothing extra for doing that booking as shop targets are extremely high especially in January. I have a lot of friends in retail and none of them have reached target so will be getting their usual poor wage this month

Who do you think gets the money when you go direct?
Agents don’t charge extra, but get a small cut of the money from the airline or Disney for providing a service
I’m going to have to take a break from here for my mental health I think
That thread starting quote was ludicrous at 21k. You know that and I know that.

The assertions made in trying to ‘tie down the deal’ re running out of rooms for August of 2023 was inaccurate. You know that and I know that.

I used to try travel agents when seeking vacation deals. Some of the mistruths, half truths, false assertions and at times, lies that I was told were akin to dealing with Danny DeVitos 2nd hand car salesman character in ‘Matilda’.

Clearly, I would never have been any good at ‘sales’ as I try not to mislead or lie, telling the truth whenever possible. If I knew that there was a better deal elsewhere, then I would say so. I am comfortable with that position. Perhaps that is why I am hopeless at selling cars and things. I simply ask what I believe is the right and fair price from the start. Take it or leave it.

As for the aftermath of COVID sanctions, some of the holding back of refunds by certain agents, including those of the very biggest travel companies and in contravention of very clear law was absolutely disgusting. I have a healthy respect for consumer law…It is designed to protect consumers.
Whilst those refusal of prompt refund decisions were doubtless taken at a very high level and beyond anyone I would likely converse with by telephone. That don’t make it right. 120 days before they would look at it? Outrageous.

Before covid, I was ambivalent about the agent/diy decision, relying on price and price alone.
Having cancelled 3 DIY vacations with 69 different purchases returned to me rather promptly and only 3 x recourses to credit card dragback, whilst watching the frustration and downright anger of people who had single sourced packages from TA’s for ‘safety’.. my view has changed to regarding DIY as by far the safer financial option.

We must agree to differ. That salesman imho, is not being honest.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:18 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List