Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkswish
I want to go now!

Virgin Check in Disney Springs.

With all that's been going on of late and with the Cuts Disney are making do we reckon the Virgin Check in will remain at Disney Springs?. Its always been a massive perk to us as to why we always fly Virgin, as we have three kids one of which has ASD, so dropping our luggage off and going straight to security at MCO is a god send. Currently planning for next year so wondered what peeps opinions are. x
tinkswish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bdl1994
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I hope it continues - we were able to get bulkhead seats for our flight home last time. These are released at check in so it was a huge advantage to be able to check in way ahead of the airport crowd!

However with the current state of things, it wouldn’t surprise me if this got cut.
bdl1994 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Virgin check-in at Disney Springs has zero to do with Disney - other then the fact it takes place on Disney Property. Virgin rent the space off Disney & all the staff working on the check-in are Swissport (who handle Virgin's ground operation at Orlando). I think the van loaders & drivers work for another company though.

So whether or not DS check-in remains will be entirely down to whether Virgin Atlantic see it as viable.

I always check-in online the night before the flight, but do use DS to get rid of the checked luggage on the morning of the return flight. This means the car can safely be parked up anywhere then with just hand luggage locked out of sight in the boot, so nothing on show to appeal to thieves.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I didn't know this was a thing! How many hours do they give you to check in your luggage?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I didn't know this was a thing! How many hours do they give you to check in your luggage?
It's usually open between 08.30 and 13.00 every day.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Maybe 2 years since we used it.

It's free if you've booked through Virgin Holidays, or if not also free if flying UC or Gold FC members. Otherwise it's $10 per person and as of 2019 had to be by credit card.

Here you go

flywith.virginatlantic/g...s/orlando.html

Mick
Old 21 Jan 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

There is a charge for this service unless your booking is with Virgin Holidays or if you are one of their superior flying club (not red) members.

Mick is obviously a faster at typing than me 🤣

Edited at 04:40 PM.
disneypars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
There is a charge for this service unless your booking is with Virgin Holidays or if you are one of their superior flying club (not red) members.

Mick is obviously a faster at typing than me 🤣
My fingers are 75 years old - I doubt it
Old 21 Jan 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

$10 a person won't break the bank. I didn't even notice it was there when i visited in January. Anyone that has used it know how many hours it needs to be done before your flight?

Husband said that is a hell of a risk! Anyone ever had any problems with this service? I take it you don't see your case at the airport and won't see it until you get to your home airport?

Edited at 04:55 PM.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
$10 a person won't break the bank. I didn't even notice it was there when i visited in January. Anyone that has used it know how many hours it needs to be done before your flight?
My link says it closes at 1pm and most VA return flights are early evening if I recall so plenty of time to do stuff after. We always do it first thing and then have breakfast out. Return to the villa for a few more hours of swimming and catching the rays.

Not surprised you didn't see it. Easy to miss it unless you park in Watermelon or the other surface car parks as it's "behind" Cirque. If you were walking inside DS towards Cirque you may not see it.

Just to add to your edit. Yes you don't see your case again until the UK. In over 16 years on the DIBB I don't recall anyone having lost a case.

It's only available on Virgin metal by the way.

Mick

Edited at 05:01 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List