Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Royal Caribbean or Celebrity ?

Hello Dibbers
I am looking at a Fjords cruise next May and trying to decide between these 2 cruise lines , the ships being Anthem of the seas for RCI or silhouette for Celebrity. I sailed Independence of the seas with RCI in 2009 when I had children & loved it .Having just done a short trip with MSC ,I have the bug again but would not choose them again & although I enjoyed previous trips with p & O & NCL they would not be my preference. It’s just me and my partner travelling , I will be 50 & he’s 47 , Celebrity on paper looks the better deal as cheaper by a few hundred but I think my heart might still be with Royal ! 🥰 I am worried that Celebrity may be a bit dull or We are too young but if the food & service & shows are good I could be swayed ! 😄can anyone help ? thanks 😊
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Celebrity are our go to cruise line but weve done royal Caribbean as well.
I would say that at the moment celebrity seem to be offering good deals with drinks tips and wifi included.
We are 65 and 63 and I would say average age for celebrity but you do get younger and older as well.
I think celebrity are more classy whereas RC are more fun. They have a lot more to do with all the rock climbing ,skating, flowrider etc but if you are not going to use those things and are more interested in pub quizzes, dance classes etc then celebrity will cover that.
Its smart casual with an evening chic rather than a formal night, but you can do black tie and many still do.
Theatre shows are usually very good , but they dont have things like cirque du Soleil or blue man group which other cruises do.
The speciality restaurants are excellent.
Hope that helps

Edited at 01:57 PM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Celebrity are our go to cruise line but weve done royal Caribbean as well.
I would say that at the moment celebrity seem to be offering good deals with drinks tips and wifi included.
We are 65 and 63 and I would say average age for celebrity but you do get younger and older as well.
I think celebrity are more classy whereas RC are more fun. They have a lot more to do with all the rock climbing ,skating, flowrider etc but if you are not going to use those things and are more interested in pub quizzes, dance classes etc then celebrity will cover that.
Its smart casual with an evening chic rather than a formal night, but you can do black tie and many still do.
Theatre shows are usually very good , but they dont have things like cirque du Soleil or blue man group which other cruises do.
The speciality restaurants are excellent.
Hope that helps
Thanks mickeyspal
A really helpful response and ,you are right, Celebrity are offering a really good deal for us at the moment hence our dilemma. I think in all honestly we would probably be equally happy with both but for differing reasons although I think my Flowrider/rock climbing days are over !
Having sailed with a few lines I've found something to enjoy about all of them ...food for thought
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Celebrity all the way. I’m 48 and DH is 51 and still act like we are 30. Celebrity is definitely not dull, more refined maybe but definitely not dull . We’ve only sailed out of the US so can’t comment on the age demographics for the Fjords.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
Celebrity all the way. I’m 48 and DH is 51 and still act like we are 30. Celebrity is definitely not dull, more refined maybe but definitely not dull . We’ve only sailed out of the US so can’t comment on the age demographics for the Fjords.
Thanks traceylou1972
Another vote for Celebrity !
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Deffo Celebrity- very classy ships, service excellent, good food. We love Celebrity- 😁. Have done Royal too but Celebrity edges it for us.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
Deffo Celebrity- very classy ships, service excellent, good food. We love Celebrity- 😁. Have done Royal too but Celebrity edges it for us.
Wow ! thanks so much ,its great to hear good things about celebrity
We boarded MSC Virtuosa next Silhouette just over a week ago and boy do i wished we'd have been on her instead !
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Another vote for celebrity over RC
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
And another for Celebrity, unless travelling with children/teens
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
And another for Celebrity, unless travelling with children/teens
Agree 100%! When just dh and I it's definitely Celebrity over RC. It's more relaxed and food is excellent!

We've only sailed out of the US so very much American heavy, and mixed age groups as usually summer. However we have booked the Silhouette leaving Southampton on 8th Oct so will be interesting to see how different it is? Also booked Aqua class for the first time 😁.