Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 6 Dec 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MilliesFairy
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi, Is it just me wondering how big your freezer is? Well done for arranging all those meals.
If you've not seen it can I recommend the thrivinghome website which specifically does batch freezer meals. They also have two books but I've not read them, I just use website.
MilliesFairy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Wow that is some list they are very lucky

One thing I like to batch cook/prep in bulk that I don’t see on your list is sausage hash mostly because the prep time can take a while but once it’s portion up and frozen you can just pop it in to cook one dish minimal mess. Sliced sausages whatever veg you like (I usually go with a Mediterranean type mix diced) and diced pototoes
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have 3 freezers
A huge chest freezer in the garage and 2 large upright ones in the house
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

Hi

i can totally relate as I have done the same many times for my family (but not for 11 weeks ! ) ..
what I found really helped was a meal planner calendar/spreadsheet etc.
I noted down all the days and the meals I made/planned to make, and then I could 'slot' them into the days - that way a meal could be had once in a week and then again maybe in the third week (am I making sense ?) .. I also included 'cheat/takeaway' days, as well things like days when it was simple jacket potatoes / ready frozen pizzas etc.
Old 6 Dec 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Can’t see plain old mince or stew on the list. My grandchildren love these types of meals. Chicken casserole would be good.

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Mac and cheese?
Old 9 Dec 21, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Thanks everyone we now have a 7 week rotation of meals
Fish
Chicken
Pork
Meat
Veggie
Lamb
Cheese / egg
Meals with the maybe twice in the 11 weeks take out
It’s great because nobody is fussy the only common thing none of us eat is baked beans or anything in the same awful tomato sauce yuk yuk
W also have agreed on the soups they want for lunch , but that needs made in vats as the boys all love soup as do DH and I
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List