Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Dec 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Christmas Party Food Ideas

Well I had my first Christmas catch up last night and put together a few platters. I’m always on the lookout for other ideas, so if you have a family favourite please feel free to share. We have a few parties to attend and I need some inspiration for things to take.

Charcuterie Wreath - I used mozzarella pearls, olives, cherry tomatoes and sweetie peppers on a bed of rosemary. Then added some Parma ham and salami. I had crackers on a separate plate.

Then some festive bruschetta.

I also made some pastry rolls - shop bought pastry with heck chicken sausage rolled up inside. You could also use pork sausages.

The bruschetta was the first to go but the chicken sausage rolls were a hit too!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
These look amazing, I just do my nigella cola ham, cheese board, cold turkey, various supermarket filo prawns, spring rolls, crisps and dips, pork pie and part baked rolls plus whatever else I pick up for our Boxing Day spread!
Old 10 Dec 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Love the look of your Charcuterie Wreath - what dip did you use please?
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I often do a fruit platter chocolate strawberries, pears poached in red wine ( sometimes I just do the pears and serve with Stilton and walnuts ) any fruit just cut up and sprinkled with edible glitter
Or a sea food one coconut shrimp with mango chutney, mini bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese ,jumbo prawns with spicy cocktail sauce , chunks of Cajun or blackened cod with a pineapple salsa
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
These look amazing, I just do my nigella cola ham, cheese board, cold turkey, various supermarket filo prawns, spring rolls, crisps and dips, pork pie and part baked rolls plus whatever else I pick up for our Boxing Day spread!
Thanks Sandra, I’m off to find that Nigella recipe, it sounds delicious! Some great ideas. 😁
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
Love the look of your Charcuterie Wreath - what dip did you use please?
Thank you Jenny. I used a basil pesto dip, I just picked it up at the store. 😁
Old 10 Dec 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Here are a few recipes that look great on a Christmas Buffet

Christmas Tree Fruit Platter
daisiesandpie/christmas-fruit-platter/

Fig & Prosciutto Bruschetta
daisiesandpie/fig-and-...to-bruschetta/

Chicken, Chorizo & Cheese Skewers
daisiesandpie/chicken-and-chorizo-bites/

Hope they help
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I often do a fruit platter chocolate strawberries, pears poached in red wine ( sometimes I just do the pears and serve with Stilton and walnuts ) any fruit just cut up and sprinkled with edible glitter
Or a sea food one coconut shrimp with mango chutney, mini bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese ,jumbo prawns with spicy cocktail sauce , chunks of Cajun or blackened cod with a pineapple salsa
Thank you Helen, some great ideas. I love the fruit platter 😁 chocolate strawberries remind me of Orlando! Do you make the coconut shrimp yourself? I’ve never seen any in the stores here. Xx
Old 10 Dec 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
Here are a few recipes that look great on a Christmas Buffet

Christmas Tree Fruit Platter
daisiesandpie/christmas-fruit-platter/

Fig & Prosciutto Bruschetta
daisiesandpie/fig-and-...to-bruschetta/

Chicken, Chorizo & Cheese Skewers
daisiesandpie/chicken-and-chorizo-bites/

Hope they help
Jenny they are amazing- thank you so much for sharing! I will use all of these recipes. 😍
Old 10 Dec 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes I do make it myself
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List