Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jan 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Isn’t it crazy that a company with this poor customer service is still in business and people still book with them
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
All I want to do is to add the Avis Preferred number to my booking. Unless anyone knows how to check in Manage My Booking if I've already done it?
Ring Avis and tell them BA didn't add the number, they can sort it, they did for me, you need the id number for the car booking
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

8am in a morning, live chat 'speak to an agent'. Literally the only way we got through to speak to someone
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

Just to add my experiences, tried for ten days now, never got to speak to a person when calling. Tried the online chat, got through to what seemed like a human then thrown out of chat. Just called the executive number (website says from 07:30), got message they are not open until 08:00. This is really getting beyond a joke.
Do any of the BA team read these posts?

Edit: Called dead on 08:00, waited about ten minutes and actually spoke to a person. Five minutes later all sorted. I think I got lucky! 😁

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.

Edited at 06:19 PM.
Maindrain is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber

I've received an email from BA changing my holiday and it says to contact them, stating the phones open at 07:30. I call at 07:50 to get an automated message telling me they are closed and to call back from 08:00!

I then ring at 07:59 to be told they are too busy to speak to me and automatically cut off!

Tried Chatbot with no luck, twitter is ignored!

I work in the travel industry, so know first hand the impact of the Pandemic, but my loyalty to BA is waining. Their staff need support and management are ignoring them as much as they're ignoring their customers!
rambocat1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jandma
I want to go now!

A similar story, a change in flight times. The link to accept the changes continually brings up "ERROR" so I have made numerous attempts to call them. Eventually gave up and emailed them authorising my acceptance of the change - email response was "must be done over the telephone as errors could occur via email" ? So the written word is less reliable than the spoken word apparently.
jandma is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jandma View Post
A similar story, a change in flight times. The link to accept the changes continually brings up "ERROR" so I have made numerous attempts to call them. Eventually gave up and emailed them authorising my acceptance of the change - email response was "must be done over the telephone as errors could occur via email" ? So the written word is less reliable than the spoken word apparently.
Had the same issue for my NY flights in April, took 2.5 hours to get through and another 30mins just to change and email me the new tickets.

As i couldn't get through on the phone, I've replied by email in response to their email making changes to my holiday. I've just received an automated reply stating they will endeavour to respond within 21 working days, so potentially the 24th February!

Edited at 10:23 AM.
rambocat1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Ask Piers Morgan to send them a tweet. Unlike everyone else who sends them a message and may get a response several weeks later, he tends to get a reply in 20 minutes.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by florida2000 View Post
Are you an executive club member - even a blue member? If so are you using the executive blue line? You get cut off on the general number but often you get into a queue through the executive club line. If you are a member, log in and use the contact us number you then get.
Just tried this and it too is just cutting me off!
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

The only way I got through last week was through the Silver Members executive club line. I'm not a silver member but it didn't seem to matter! I tried at about 2:30 pm and got through in 20 minutes. I may have just been lucky but worth a shot.

0800 4080009

Edited at 11:13 AM.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List