Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 22, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
I’m on Iona in the May half term - slightly different ports to OP but can I join in this thread? 😃
Which restaurants were included in the price of your cruise please? I’m finding it confusing to know what is and isn’t free.
Also, if you take your own wine on board do they charge a corkage fee if you only drink it in your room?
Do they do anything like wine tasting classes onboard? ( I’m not an alcoholic - honest! &#128514
Most of the restaurants are included. There really isn’t any need to go to the extra charge restaurants. The included restaurants were all lovely and more than enough. The main dining rooms whilst not having massive choice served lovely food with attentive service.

Epicurean and Sindhu are extra. We only ate there because they did a half price deal on the first 2 nights. This isn’t advertised, go on to your app whilst waiting in the terminal to see if the offer is there and book.

Quayside- takeaway type food and all included. Hook, line and vinegar does really good proper fish and chips. Fusion- Asian
type food and the American diner serving burgers, fried chicken etc and an American style breakfast. There was a pool bar serving pizza, the grab and go bar served sandwiches, salads etc but wasn’t open on our cruise. These were included.

Olive Grove was one of our favourites. We only managed to get lunchtime bookings because it is popular. Most of the menu is included, there are just a few extra charge items.

One of the main dining rooms does an included afternoon tea. The Epicurean one is £17.50 each.

Vista sells Costa coffees and is extra

We did think the buffet was fairly poor but wasn’t sure if this was just because of covid. We had all our breakfasts served in one of the main dining rooms.

Keel and Cow served Gastropub type food and was extra. The food looked good but we didn’t go in.

There was an ice cream parlour which was extra.
There were a few other extra charge places but we didn’t go in them.

We took onboard a 70cl bottle of gin, a 70cl bottle of wine and 2 small bottles of champagne. A teeny bit over allowance but it wasn’t checked. I also took 2 x 8 small cans of fever tree tonic. These were for the cabin only. Ask the steward to bring you glasses and a bucket and ice each day. You can probably take wine to the restaurants and pay a corkage fee but the prices were ok in the restaurants so I can’t see it being worth doing.

Not sure about wine tasting. We went on a staycation and activities were restricted.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

I’m on Iona in the May half term - slightly different ports to OP but can I join in this thread? 😃
Which restaurants were included in the price of your cruise please? I’m finding it confusing to know what is and isn’t free.
Also, if you take your own wine on board do they charge a corkage fee if you only drink it in your room?
Do they do anything like wine tasting classes onboard? ( I’m not an alcoholic - honest! &#128514
Included:
The are 4 main dining rooms (Pearl, Coral, Aqua and Opal). All open for dinner, 1 is always open for lunch and 1/2 open for breakfast too. Aqua I think it is serves an afternoon tea that is included too.

Horizon buffet

Olive Grove - vast majority of food is included and delicious. Would really recommend but does get booked up.

Taste 360 I think it is called - quick serve pizza, burgers etc

The Quays - 3 different stations serving fish and chips, Asian and American. Really good food and less manic than the buffet.

Extra
Sindhu- Indian. Really nice!

Keel and Cow - steakhouse. I’m not a fan of steak so can’t really comment but hubby said it was good.

Glasshouse - tapas style dishes and lots of wine choices. Enjoyed this one!

Epicurean - fine dining. Have not tried here as we had a 2 year old in tow!

Beach house - Caribbean/Mexican? Hanging steaks, fajitas etc. Surchargeof £7.50pp I think.

Any alcohol/soft drinks bought on board are for consumption in your cabin only. You can’t pay a corkage fee in the restaurants. There are water machines dotted around the ship so take a refillable bottle. You can take 1 litre of alcohol on board each although it wasn’t checked in October (I mistakenly bought too much!). Soft drinks are unlimited though.

Don’t think they did wine tastings but Anderson’s bar and the Crows nest do gin/rum flights and Glasshouse does wine flights.

Edited at 10:58 PM.
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow! Thank you both for your brilliant replies - that is SO helpful! 😃
Really looking forward to it. It sounds amazing!
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks this is great information
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We loved the norwegian fjords cruises. Especially passing so many beautiful waterfalls.

Take some layers of clothing as weather can be varied. Try to eat and drink on the ship as much as possible as it is super expensive on land.
In Olden we went to Briksdal Glacier, and although not much glacier to see we loved the walk in the park surrounding it, it was so pretty and our tour included a fantastic cake buffet at the bottom afterwards!

Have a wonderful time.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Can anyone share any experiences and recommendations for Stravenger , Geiranger and Haugesund please? We’re keen to do things independently where possible.

Edited at 11:52 PM.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
In Olden we got off the ship and took one of the local trolly buses on a roundabout path. Quite enjoyed it.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

We are on Iona in May14th. In olden we are doing the trip to the glacier. alesund we are walking upto the viewpoint. Haugesund we are taking a trip to Skudeneshavn. stavanger a cruise and visit to pulpit rock. We have never been before and as the trips are mostly just four hours or so leaves us time to take a look around the ports. This will be our 4th cruise but first on Iona. Not sure if I’m allowed to mention other sites but a well known social media site is full of photos of the ship, cabins and tips etc. other than that look on your personaliser for trip details and go from there.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Can anyone share any experiences and recommendations for Stravenger , Geiranger and Haugesund please? We’re keen to do things independently where possible.
Stavanger. We loved walking around the town. No need to book anything.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

We are doing the Fjords on Iona in May too. We go on 21st May. We did Iona in October to the Canaries and thoroughly enjoyed it so looking forward to it again. Shes a beautiful ship. 😍

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List