Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jan 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
Don't panic. Once you've done it you'll be happy to do it again. The outbound connection is tight but if you miss it they will rebook you onto the next fight with availability so don't panic. You can try to book seats as close to the front as you can and be ready to power walk to to immigration to beat the queue. After you clear immigration you'll collect your luggage, clear customs and redrop your luggage (There'll be signs) Remember to put any liquids you have bought into your case now as if you change terminals you may have to redo security so any perfumes etc won't be allowed. Once you land in Orlando you'll be straight to luggage. No long MCO immigration queue for you!
On your way home it is easier, you check your luggage in at Orlando and you won't see it again till the uk. Much easier and faster connecting on the way back.
We fly out 2/4 but to mia and driving up . We got a good deal last april. Have a great time and enjoy the savings you made.
Thanks so much - that's really helpful

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Definitely good liquid advice, pop it in case or drink it once you've collected your cases before going through security at Philly otherwise you lose it!
You can always take an empty water bottle through and refill it after security for 2nd flight.

I always get stressed going through immigration, last time it took 2 hours to get through Atlanta out of a 3 hr layover pre covid. We finally made it to the gate only to find flight was delayed!

Maybe you can tweak it? Just be super ready with paperwork and luggage and try to relax. I'm always less worried about going home 😂

Edited at 02:14 PM.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Maindrain
Trainee Dibber

First of all congratulations on getting a price you are happy with, good for you!

We have been indirect over fifteen times, been through Philly, Dallas, Boston, Atlanta loads of places, I echo the advice of getting a "flyer" to immigration, some seem to handle it better than others, but they all know in advance the load on the plane and how many they will have coming through.

Try to get everyone "fed and watered" before the flight lands if you know what I mean. We did have a ten minute loo break for my son while in the immigration hall.

Happy days. It will be fine.

Multiple trips since 1991, and EuroDisney just the once!
OK, I like Florida.
Maindrain is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

All looks good to me. Indirect is fine, it’s nice to stretch your legs a bit and then you get through quicker in Orlando. Enjoy
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Helen
I do it all the time
You will be fine as others have said pick up bags after immigration put them on the connecting flight carousel them make your way to the next gate
On the way home you only need to check in 2 hours before departure
Just make sure you make yourself know at the departure gate at Chicago in December it caused all sorts of problems for those of us with a MCO connection to Heathrow to Glasgow including lost luggage delaying the flight etc even although we were all checked right through
It’s a breeze honest
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Helen
I do it all the time
You will be fine as others have said pick up bags after immigration put them on the connecting flight carousel them make your way to the next gate
On the way home you only need to check in 2 hours before departure
Just make sure you make yourself know at the departure gate at Chicago in December it caused all sorts of problems for those of us with a MCO connection to Heathrow to Glasgow including lost luggage delaying the flight etc even although we were all checked right through
It’s a breeze honest

Thanks Helen

We're not flying from Heathrow back to Glasgow on the way home as we will be using our free train travel. Would that be the only reason I would have needed to speak to them at the Chicago gate? or is there something else I need to check with them when just flying to Heathrow?

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just make your self know at the gate but with this mornings news of no return testing for the PLF the faffing about with the checks of verifly etc hopefully will be in the dim and distant past
Just ask if you want to know anything I’m off out now but will be in later
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We did it a few years ago, we did have a delay going out, but we were simply put on a later flight. Coming home it was a breeze, we actually really liked it on the way home, as it makes the transatlantic part quicker, so feels easier. We would do it again without hesitation if the price is right.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Hopefully everything will happen on time for you. Looking forward to the trip report.
Old 25 Jan 22, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You should be fine with the layover time in Phili, we have done both routes you mention and it was a breeze. Being honest it made a change from direct flights as well , something different. The good thing is hopefully you manage to do a new trip report too. Happy planning.
macy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List