Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jan 22, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

What is Virgin doing?

I decided to have a look at prices for Christmas 2023 on the VH website as I had previously booked with them for Christmas 2019 in February 2018.

I did a like for like dummy booking, for the 2019 stay I paid £5100 for the 5 of us to fly from Manchester, stay in an apartment for 2 weeks and upgrade the car to a Tahoe.

VH no longer do the apartments so looked at the Rosen at pointe Orlando which was their cheapest option.

This came in at £7552 which I thought was a bit steep, then I nearly fell off my chair on the car hire page, this is no longer included in the quote and they want an extra £1918 for the smallest car and to upgrade to a Tahoe was another £794, on the bright side the Insurance is all included now

This brought the grand total up to £10264

I have had some good prices off them in the past but this is absolutely ridiculous and I cant see how anyone would pay this amount of money, they really do need to have a look at their business model as I cant see them continuing at this rate.

Looks like its a DIY again
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Just my thoughts, Virgin have issued so many "credit notes" that would probably fill their aircraft this year. The "silly" prices are there to discourage paid bookings, but there will always be someone who is so desperate to get away that they will pay the price.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

Likewise the flights that cost me £4.5k are now on sale for £24k 😂
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve not booked with Virgin since 2015, we’re stuck with school holidays and their prices are ridiculously high.

I always wonder how people manage to find acceptable prices from them, maybe they just pay up for the brand. Personally I’d rather book elsewhere and save.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I don't see prices coming down until all those credit notes are used or expire.

Prices are silly high, though the Car hire pricing is something that is mostly out of VH hands.

Hopefully next spring things will look more normal.
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’ve not booked with Virgin since 2015, we’re stuck with school holidays and their prices are ridiculously high.

I always wonder how people manage to find acceptable prices from them, maybe they just pay up for the brand. Personally I’d rather book elsewhere and save.
I book with virgin but actually fly delta via codeshare. I don’t think I’d actually fly virgin as they change planes so often
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We got a good price with virgin ( well what i set my budget at ) booked last year to go nov 22. Car hire is ridiculous whoever you book with . It’s hard to compare 2019 to now as prices have rocketed for everything. Disney tickets alone are ridiculous when you add genie plus on. Plus 2023 Disney offers aren’t out yet either sp prices are likely to change
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

This got me curious about our August holiday, booked flydrive with VH, for a price I was more than happy with for 2 adults 1 child. This same flight is now £800 per person more expensive.
Booked hotel and tickets direct with Disney, including dining credit ($700), gift card ($200), memory maker. That same hotel and tickets is same price with zero extras included!
I’m very happy with what I had already booked. Just so happy I aren’t looking now, would definitely be priced out and Disney would also be off the plan too.
Just in case prices struggle to settle after this year we’re having a huge blowout in this year’s, especially as it’s our DD’s first WDW trip.
No restrictions on what restaurants we dine at or merch we purch!
😁
Old 25 Jan 22, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
This got me curious about our August holiday, booked flydrive with VH, for a price I was more than happy with for 2 adults 1 child. This same flight is now £800 per person more expensive.
Booked hotel and tickets direct with Disney, including dining credit ($700), gift card ($200), memory maker. That same hotel and tickets is same price with zero extras included!
I’m very happy with what I had already booked. Just so happy I aren’t looking now, would definitely be priced out and Disney would also be off the plan too.
Just in case prices struggle to settle after this year we’re having a huge blowout in this year’s, especially as it’s our DD’s first WDW trip.
😁
I’ve just priced up ours for next year ( flydrive ) same dates , same car 7 seater ,direct from Manchester etc and it’s £85 more pp so I’d say that’s fair .
If you haven’t booked since 2018 ( so booked 2018 to go 2019) you are going to see a large increase on everything from flights to tickets and accomodation .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
😁
I booked the same time as you and told my sister to do the same, she didn't, the price for her and her hubby on the same plane as us and getting a mustang came in at £3600 last week, I only paid £4K for 5 of us with a Tahoe

Its one of those I told you to book moments

Just looked at TUI but they stop flying from Newcastle to Orlando in Oct? Would have been good to go local for a change. They are also funny about stepping out of the norm and only like their holidays to go up in multiples of 7 days

Even considered Crimbo at Euro but wifey isn't too keen as it wont be as warm as Orlando.

Might have to get this trip sorted before I look at the next one!