Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Jan 22, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

July - Outside of the Disney and Universal bubble

Looking for some guidance please Dibb experts on early to mid July in general and excluding Disney and Universal parks.

What's the Orlando area like, I Drive, malls etc for crowds. We're aware of the staff shortages currently affecting many places.

We are already booked for 3 weeks from 5th July. Just having a wobble! I get we'll have the 4th July hangover in terms of crowds.

If not visiting universal and Disney are the crowds that much of an issue?

The only big parks we will hit will be Seaworld and Busch.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We will be here on 4th July
We will be doing all the parks but here for a month so we don’t intend to do Disney till the week after
We’ve been in sea world and Busch on 4th and they have been fine I do expect the 2/3 to be busy though as that the Saturday Sunday it’s worse when the 4th is aSat or Sunday as it can be really busy
Restaurants are busy but not impossible shops wise no different at all
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We will be here on 4th July
We will be doing all the parks but here for a month so we don’t intend to do Disney till the week after
We’ve been in sea world and Busch on 4th and they have been fine I do expect the 2/3 to be busy though as that the Saturday Sunday it’s worse when the 4th is aSat or Sunday as it can be really busy
Restaurants are busy but not impossible shops wise no different at all
Thank you, this is helpful. I'm hearing scare stories about huge groups of unruly kids from S. America and began to wonder if July was a bad choice.

We don't plan to start any parks until 10th July or so and even then it will be a morning only then off for a few cold ones!
Old 27 Jan 22, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You can get huge groups of them but you need to stand firm in ques when they try to pull the oh my friends are up there just learn to say on your bike in Spanish and Portuguese works wonders when they pull I don’t understand face
And stay in the parks when it rains they empty quickly and learn to read the weather the wind changes slightly if rain is approaching
Busch make sure you arrive for opening as if thunder is within 6 miles they shut the coasters
Busch I throughly recommend watching the Cheetah run or meet the cheetahs closest you will ever get to these beautiful big cats they at the meet they are just a few feet away on leads with the keepers
At Busch I’d recommend the dine all day S it’s worth it alone for the fountain drinks / water if opening to close as waters about $4/50 a bottle now
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

We're travelling just a few days after you and just doing Universal. Fully prepared to fight my corner in those queue jumping arguments! 😂
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 22, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Thanks for the posts. Been thinking this over and while we just can't wait to return we are tempted to move to Oct on account of lower temps and parks being a bit quieter.

Part of me does worry I'm maybe over thinking the heat and crowds at the risk of missing an opportunity to go for 3 weeks in summer v 2 in Oct.

Tough decision!
Old 9 Feb 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We usually go in October and are going in July this year, like you, so we can go for longer. We’re only doing Universal, Busch and Seaworld, but not doing any parks over the 4th July weekend.

We had similar reservations to you, but we have friends who always go in July and they love it at that time of year.

We’re on the look out for a way to celebrate 4th July like a native, maybe a local fire work display or something.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List