Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 22, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

My parents joined us in florida for some of our holiday in 2019, august. They are early 70s, fairly fit but not into coasters. We did Disney for a as day and they enjoyed the shows and gentler rides.

They found it hot but not unbearably so. We just went at a slightly slower pace and also did a few non park things like nasa and escape rooms plus they relaxed at the villa and pool for a couple of days.

I think you'll have an amazing time, all of you.

Edited at 07:42 PM.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We went with parents many times in their 60s and early 70s.

We wouldn’t go with them now in late 70s. Think it would be a bit much and not sure they would enjoy it now.
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bigdreams
Excited about Disney

We always go with my parents (70’s) mainly in May or August time , they are fine it’s me that struggles the most with the heat if I’m honest 😂 plenty of places with air con and can take breaks when needed and cool off in the pool. Hope you have a great trip.
bigdreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We’ve done two trips with a 90+ relative and they were first up dressed and ready to go
Telling us to hurry up and did coaster and they loved it
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chatnoir View Post
Not mean to cause any offence…. As I said I struggle in the heat! And I’m in my 30s!

It’s not your normal holiday it’s full on….. at least we are full on when we go, we know we will have to slow it down some.

Last thing I want is for them not to enjoy it cause it’s too hot.
No offense taken, people of all ages vary and sometimes the 60/70 year olds are the fittest.

This year we are soon heading to the Maldives for snorkeling, swimming kayaking. Then onto Alaska for bushwaking, kayaking, polar swimming , paddle boarding. Then full on Florida for the summer and later in the year Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Follower by Thailand with hiking and paddle boarding.

All full on active holidays, we need to enjoy what we can while we can so everything is full on!

Edited at 08:29 PM.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I don’t think she has much relevance to be honest . Mums in her 70s and Insists on getting 10k steps a day. Dads 80 and was putting a shed up the other week 😂
Both have been to Florida in their 70s and off again next august , does not bother them. The vast majority of people don’t drink enough water , and so suffer or have poor fitness etc.
i think overall health and fitness are far more impactive than age personally.
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

We took MIL and her sister pre covid in August. Both early 70s and both with minor mobility issues. MILs sister was happy to rent a wheelchair to use as and when needed however MIL was very reluctant. By half way through every park day she was happy to hop in - they ended up taking it in turns! Cooling towels and shady rest breaks were also appreciated (by us all to be fair).

Agree of course that everyone needs to be considered as an individual - my mum is early 70s and I cannot keep up with her!

It’s great to consider strategies to keep everyone happy if you are in a group though

Edited at 09:13 PM.
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
My parents came with us for their first Orlando trip when they were both 69. This was in August 2019 as we are also tied to the school holidays. They were fine, no more or less hot than the rest of us. They did (nearly) all the coasters, sitting out some of the more intimidating ones at universal that go upside down. But they kept the same pace as us. We always like a mid afternoon snooze or swim anyway. Hoenstly they will have a brilliant time. I wouldn't worry about the heat.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Chatnoir
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for everyone’s comments. We may go for it!
Just looking into current guidelines re testing etc!
Be so good to go this year!
Chatnoir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chatnoir View Post
Thanks for everyone’s comments. We may go for it!
Just looking into current guidelines re testing etc!
Be so good to go this year!
Go for it if you can afford it, you and your parents only live once.

As for testing, no one unfortunately knows what testing will be needed in the summer, we don't really even know for the next few weeks, things and change quickly and so can guidelines.

Book with a company where your loss is minimal or nothing if you can't go.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List