Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jan 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Have you spoken to the grandparents about it? They will know whether they will be ok with the heat.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Chatnoir
Trying for More Ears

They had concerns it would be too hot…… I explained everywhere possible is air conditioned…. The worst part is going from the park to the car as you feel like you are walking across a tarmac desert!

Gonna keep an eye on things as we would be travelling with a 6 year old and the thought of making her wear a mask around the park seems like a stress we could do without!
Hoping that will change soonish…
Chatnoir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Chatnoir View Post
Thanks for everyone’s comments. We may go for it!
Just looking into current guidelines re testing etc!
Be so good to go this year!
Go for it you’ll have a fantastic time.
Our middle son and daughter-in-law want to go back in a few years (maybe 4/5) and want us to go with them by which time I’ll be 66/67 and DH will be 75/76 and we’re definitely up for it
Old 28 Jan 22, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

No problems for me. Stay hydrated and if you are going to stand still do it in the shade or aircon.
Old 28 Jan 22, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I took my Mum with us for her 70th birthday, so she was nearly 71 when we travelled in August for three weeks and she did just fine.

I've been 30-40 times in the summer months and I really don't like sticky heat. If I can deal with it by careful use of shade, air con, cold drinks and swimming pools then anyone can.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My mum struggles massively with the heat. She closed people mover when she nearly fainted just from heat silly thing! 😂 so we only ever do Easter with them (heading out over feb half term next month hopefully!)
anna68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Have you spoken to the grandparents about it? They will know whether they will be ok with the heat.
This is a good point but in my case my parents (particularly mum)just people please and then we all pay the price as they won’t even say when they feel poorly etc
anna68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
We are those people same age as your relayives who organise and pay for the holiday with our kids, we will be there this summer. Sometimes this forum make me feel that once you are I your 60s you need to stay at home and do jigsaws we will be at Disney/Universal and paddleboarding at the beach.
LOVE this!

This will be my husband and I but secretly hoping at least one of our 5 kids will pay for us 😂😂😂
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List