Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jan 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

The crowds give me hives but the heat is literally unbearable.

What are your spring dates? US schools are off at different times, I think, which makes "going at Easter" not necessarily the same as the US "spring break." It depends on the year, I think. If the dates alternate properly, I'd choose to go in the spring. FL in August? I've been in August (for two or three family events over the years) and I'd not do it again by choice, except for the beach. I would go to the beach in FL in August.
Old 27 Jan 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
bilbous
Getting Excited

We have done July/August and August/September, the latter was better for crowds as the majority of US children are all back towards the middle of August and the parks tend to thin out a bit then.
Weather is hot but manageable just be ready for the daily thunderstorms
Cannot comment on Easter as we have never been that time of year.
bilbous is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Last 2 weeks of August!
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Never done Easter, but we usually go last two weeks of august, sometimes in to the first 2 or 3 days of sept, depending on when term starts. It is hot, but manageable and the crowds are ok, although not sure whether this will be true at any time this year.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have been in the last 2 weeks of august a few times, never been at Easter but crowd wise we’ve never found it that bad in august, especially the end as most local schools have gone back (northern state schools like New York/Washington/Pennsylvania etc) go back around the same time as us though so you still get a lot of people.

Sure it’s hot & humid but after a few days you do acclimatise and get used to it. I’d rather that than the craziness of Easter!

But, I think this summer could be a whole different story with people getting out there after so many cancellations so I’m expecting it to still be busy!

Edited at 06:35 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Easter is our school holiday time of choice. The weather is so much nicer for us... lack of humidity in particular. So much so that we feel like doing much more and the queueing is not as onerous.

Don't know how the changes will affect busy times. Getting to parks early was always our plan...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
elle10
Excited about Disney

I’m currently having this dilemma.

I feel like I can deal with the heat and humidity in August I just hate the thought of rain ruining several hours of the day. We had a few afternoons/evenings of rain in October once, we couldn’t even chill by the pool because of the storm risk and I hate walking around in a poncho with soggy feet.

I feel like at Easter, if the parks get too busy by midday at least we can go by the pool.

I’m still torn though, good luck
elle10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by elle10 View Post
I’m currently having this dilemma.

I feel like I can deal with the heat and humidity in August I just hate the thought of rain ruining several hours of the day. We had a few afternoons/evenings of rain in October once, we couldn’t even chill by the pool because of the storm risk and I hate walking around in a poncho with soggy feet.

I feel like at Easter, if the parks get too busy by midday at least we can go by the pool.

I’m still torn though, good luck
We went in August 2018. Never had a park day ruined by rain. Was once in a country park and it starte raining hard, so we left - was almost the end of the day, so in reality we missed probably about half an hour of the day. Then once we were in Disney Springs and it hammered it down. By August rain standards it was a long one and lasted about 40 minutes (other times the rain lasted less than 10 mins).
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
elle10
Excited about Disney

Good to hear, thanks.

I think it was a tropical storm in October that we experienced, it rained nearly all day when we were in AK one day, I hated it.

August is a lot more convenient though and about 3k-4k cheaper, I think I might have to take the risk with the rain.

Edited at 12:04 AM.
elle10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
KazJ
VIP Dibber

I have made my choice and that's mid -end Aug 2023. I am worried about the temperature but reassured that at least Orlando are prepared and we'll have plenty of opportunities to cool down. Also remembering the Dibbers tips of buying climacool clothing nearer the time, taking small towels, personal fans etc. Just counting down the days until all flight prices are released.
I did contemplate Easter and Xmas 2023 as tied to school / Uni dates but the huge crowds concerned me when we would be first timers and not as clued up as to how best to avoid crowds, know exactly what you want to do and can meticulously plan ahead etc.

Kaz
KazJ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List