Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Aug 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh Cazzius I know this is Gopherlass's trippie and I'm probably breaking all dibb laws by replying directly to you, but, well I've got previous records on that account and hopefully she won't mind and I just couldn't resist.

Because...

My Patronus is a tonkinese cat!

I had never heard of pottermore and when the thread came out I was in the depths of the never ending countdown. So I did the quiz. I was utterly devastated to learn I was a slytherin, my mother just said 'oh yes that makes sense'...WHAT? :angry: it didn't make sense at all. I couldn't believe it and was convinced I'd be a ravenclaw as I'm such a know it all. Then I did the patronus thingy, and I got tonkinese cat, I don't even LIKE cats. I had to Google it to find out what it was. It was funny.

Then I made my long suffering family do the quiz...DH and DS were both gryfindor and DD was a hufflepuff, she was a bit upset, she's 10, so I tried to console her that they are loyal and hard working and she felt better about it...

Also, we went to Olivanders precisely once in our visit to Orlando, and DD was chosen! It was brilliant. I have no idea how she got picked. I think she looked cute though, but I'm biased! And of course we bought the wand.

Well, I hope you have a lovely meal and that the car man turns up eventually.

And thank you for reminding me of such funny times!
Apologies GopherLass, but I’m going to go off piste and reply back to Goldia.

I was disappointed when I got Hufflepuff to begin with too (thought I’d be Ravenclaw). I thought about it thought and actually Hufflepuff is pretty cool.

Eddie Redmayne is a Hufflepuff and proud – see here

The Rock is also a Hufflepuff!

JK Rowling herself loves Hufflepuff and thinks it is one of the best houses

youtube/watch?v=Smu0RneksxI

Tonks, Newt Scamander, Professor Sprout and Cedric Diggory are all Hufflepuffs. Tonks is an Auror, a dark wizard catcher, Newt is at the forefront of Magizooology, Professor Sprout is a herbology expert and Cedric is “exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend” (according to Dumbledore) and he tries to stop everyone wearing the Potter Stinks badges during the TriWizard Tournament, and helps Harry out with the 2nd task.

In the Battle of Hogwarts, pretty much ALL of Hufflepuff house choose to stay behind and fight. Not because they are brave but because they know it is the right thing to do and they are loyal.

Hopefully that will help your daughter be a proud Hufflepuff too

Car man didn't come. Just got a call as I got to the office that he's coming between 12:00-16:00 today (allegedly) so home again I go.
This will be the 6th time. Grrrrrrr.

Sorry April, you can have your thread back now

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Apologies in advance, this is going to be a beast of a reply as I've binge read this thread today while wating for my dead car to be collected (the guy didn't show... AGAIN :angry: )

Oh, you should get a medal for reading all of this thread. I fear some of the "conversations" after these last few posts got more than a bit silly.

I'm a Hufflepuff, and my Patronus is also a Tonkinese Cat, which I was a bit disappointed in as they reminded me of the bad cats in Lady & The Tramp, but then another friend on FB said they used to have Tonkinese cats, and they were very friendly and chatty... so it kinda makes sense.
The BF is Ravenclaw and has a Beagle Patronus , which I am a bit jealous of.

I think JKR must really love cats and dogs - as the lion's share of patroni do seem to be some domestic animal or other. My favourite was definitely the basset hound (we had two of those) and my least favourite was the Sphinx cat (Google THAT one! ). I'm with you, though - beagle is pretty fab, too.

My dad and I (yes, him again) used to have conversations where we'd spell all the words instead of saying them. We had a times tables tape in the car. A friend of mine's parents made them play scrabble in French to improve their vocab in class.
I like to think that if I became a parent my kids would be encouraged to learn outside of school - and would have good manners when they attended!
Plus, if they can't write in script, how are they going to write their thank-you letters?

Touché! 10 points for Hufflepuff (who knew you guys were witty? )!

But the things you mention are the things I fear are dying out in our quest to keep kids constantly "entertained". I couldn't BELIEVE it when that kid at the G-Flo didn't know how to play "I Spy".

I was just in America - and I fear one of my girlfriends is making a rod for her own back by constantly giving her son a tablet when there's any time at all to wait. Your father's approach (yep, I like him more and more) is surely the better way. Poot still loves to play "The Minister's Cat" and "A my name is Adam".

I'm going to be listening out for this now. The actress that played Luna (Evanna Lynch) does seem quote involved in the HP world still, so she could have done it. Or there must be audio clips for Hermione from the film and computer games they could have used?

You won't need to listen out, believe me. It will assault your eardrums whether you want it to or not. SO BAD.

I think Universal made a mistake with the train, assuming it had to be the "Big 3" - I'm of the opinion that people would have LOVED hearing some of the lesser-known voices (Luna, Neville, etc...) again.

And I wondered, too about using old voice clips. In the end I assumed that EW must have had veto power - and she chose to exercise it. Too bad.

They don't do Hufflepuff ones either I never see Hufflepuff 'tat', which is probably good for my bank balance, thought my friend and I did get alice bands matching our HP houses and prefect badges for going to see Harry Potter & The Cursed Child. We even managed to persuade the BF into a Ravenclaw tie! People pics for April

Please excuse his face in this picture. He likes to pull this face in every picture, he thinks it's funny he looks mildly bemused in everything. I do not.

Yay! People pictures!

You look fab in your Hufflepuff Alice band. As you know, I am ALL FOR dressing to suit the occasion. I did it way more when I was younger and a former boss once said to me, "You don't just get dressed, do you? You COSTUME yourself for the occasion".

Yep.

And your boyfriend's face IS a picture. My brother is also notoriously difficult to photograph. When he joined an online dating site I think we had to take about 500 (seriously) snaps of him before we had one that didn't make him look gormless or constipated.

This plate is amazing. I like how it has sections to stop the food that is wet/saucy from touching the other food. I might have to get one of these.

I think they cost like $50, though...

Sounds like the BF who insists that garlic bread goes with every meal! Not that I ever disagree

I am one of those people who thinks that the right accompaniment for pasta (carbs) is garlic bread (MORE carbs) - so I won't be judging either of you...

I would 100% do this.
Honestly wondering if there is a way to 'play' Ollivanders in order to get chosen. I wonder if it is place in the queue or something. Otherwise how could you NOT chose the child with the birthday badge?! Poor form Wandy, very poor form...
Although looks like i'll be wearing a strappy top and crossing our fingers for my Ollivanders visit. I shall report back!

I assume there is a "formula", but perhaps not. Maybe it's just the old cynic in me! PLEASE let us know how "Plan Cleavage" works out!

Toothsome looks excellent. I was wondering where to eat on CityWalk for our trip, and Toothsome may have won - especially as those steak & cheese rolls sound delicious.

Mmm...I could go for one of those right now...instead I had salad for dinner, sigh.

2 more signs for Poot

I'm not sure I ever want to try Fish Wine OR Meat Wine (and I love wine!)

Clearly these are the kind of cocktails that care what school you went to and how much you earn...

These were SO FUNNY! Poot preferred the "meat wine" but I must confess I love the idea of "selective cocktails" - think I went to a couple of London bars like that in my youth.

Forgot to add, i'm off to Wahaca for dinner tonight.
I don't think i'll be sampling the cricket brownie though!
Coward.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh Cazzius I know this is Gopherlass's trippie and I'm probably breaking all dibb laws by replying directly to you, but, well I've got previous records on that account and hopefully she won't mind and I just couldn't resist.

Because...

My Patronus is a tonkinese cat!

I had never heard of pottermore and when the thread came out I was in the depths of the never ending countdown. So I did the quiz. I was utterly devastated to learn I was a slytherin, my mother just said 'oh yes that makes sense'...WHAT? :angry: it didn't make sense at all. I couldn't believe it and was convinced I'd be a ravenclaw as I'm such a know it all. Then I did the patronus thingy, and I got tonkinese cat, I don't even LIKE cats. I had to Google it to find out what it was. It was funny.

Then I made my long suffering family do the quiz...DH and DS were both gryfindor and DD was a hufflepuff, she was a bit upset, she's 10, so I tried to console her that they are loyal and hard working and she felt better about it...

Also, we went to Olivanders precisely once in our visit to Orlando, and DD was chosen! It was brilliant. I have no idea how she got picked. I think she looked cute though, but I'm biased! And of course we bought the wand.

Well, I hope you have a lovely meal and that the car man turns up eventually.

And thank you for reminding me of such funny times!
Cazzius, no apology necessary. It's an OUTSTANDING reply.

I hope it's OK that I have replied in the quote!

And Abby...I think Helen's long given us up, so I guess I'll have to remind you - you could have done much worse...her patronus is a rat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Apologies GopherLass, but I’m going to go off piste and reply back to Goldia.

I was disappointed when I got Hufflepuff to begin with too (thought I’d be Ravenclaw). I thought about it thought and actually Hufflepuff is pretty cool.

Eddie Redmayne is a Hufflepuff and proud – see here

The Rock is also a Hufflepuff!

JK Rowling herself loves Hufflepuff and thinks it is one of the best houses

youtube/watch?v=Smu0RneksxI

Tonks, Newt Scamander, Professor Sprout and Cedric Diggory are all Hufflepuffs. Tonks is an Auror, a dark wizard catcher, Newt is at the forefront of Magizooology, Professor Sprout is a herbology expert and Cedric is “exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend” (according to Dumbledore) and he tries to stop everyone wearing the Potter Stinks badges during the TriWizard Tournament, and helps Harry out with the 2nd task.

In the Battle of Hogwarts, pretty much ALL of Hufflepuff house choose to stay behind and fight. Not because they are brave but because they know it is the right thing to do and they are loyal.

Hopefully that will help your daughter be a proud Hufflepuff too

Car man didn't come. Just got a call as I got to the office that he's coming between 12:00-16:00 today (allegedly) so home again I go.
This will be the 6th time. Grrrrrrr.

Sorry April, you can have your thread back now

OK, I love the idea that The Rock is a Hufflepuff.

Hope the car man finally came...it's so hard being at the mercy of others' work ethics (or lack thereof)! :angry:
Old 6 Apr 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

When we rode the Hogwarts Express we were seated with an American family and the mom told me that the reason it wasn't Emma Watson doing the Hermione voice was because she was going to marry Prince Harry and the Royal Family had stopped her from doing it

She genuinely believed this to be true

I kept a very straight face and didn't comment

Edited at 05:59 PM.
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rosered View Post
When we rode the Hogwarts Express we were seated with an American family and the mom told me that the reason it wasn't Emma Watson doing the Hermione voice was because she was going to marry Prince Harry and the Royal Family had stopped her from doing it

She genuinely believed this to be true

I kept a very straight face and didn't comment
Since I'm foreign, I don't really pay attention to royal news...DID Emma Watson date one of them? I can't wait to find out - I'm off to Google...

...and apparently that WAS a rumour a few years ago! Who knew?!

From The Daily Mail (back in 2015):

Prince Harry is secretly dating Emma Watson after sending her an email to invite her out when she split from her boyfriend.
At least that's according to a completely unconfirmed Australian magazine report, which quotes a breathless unnamed insider as saying that the fourth-in-line to the throne is 'smitten'.

What I haven't learned from the Dibb, I tell you!

Oh, and if you like Hogwarts Express stories, find Abby's (Goldia's) food report from last year and see what happened to HER family on the HE.
Old 6 Apr 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

American Mom must have read the same thing! I mean, as if Harry would marry an actress!

Edited at 09:49 PM.
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rosered View Post
American Mom must have read the same thing! I mean, as if Harry would marry an actress!
I again had to go to Google to understand that that's funny.

I knew...sort of...that he was getting married, but didn't realise it was to an American actress. Poor Edward VIII!