Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

How long did it take to hear back from the claims department?
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
How long did it take to hear back from the claims department?
I cancelled as soon as I heard and they did it there and then over the phone, since then it seems they are more reluctant and saying you can only cancel when notified of the change.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I have filled in the claims form so fingers crossed. However our flight to Miami was with Norwegian and our return is with Virgin as a reward flight. If I can cancel the Norwegian flight, any ideas what I can do to get an outbound flight? Single fares are so expensive so can't afford to do that. I will ask Virgin what they can do but don't want it to cost a lot more
I wouldn't even considering cancelling until I knew what I was replacing it with especially on a one way where all the other options will be more costly.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I wouldn't even considering cancelling until I knew what I was replacing it with especially on a one way where all the other options will be more costly.
Yes, sensible advice. I'm just so annoyed with Norwegian for not telling me, and now refusing to do anything about it.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The Miami flight was OK (we flew on Monday)
Plane was fine , crew some of the most professional I've had with any carrier in years , my only complaint really was the no electronics thing which as no one else has mentioned it may have been specific to that flight. I'd seriously consider finding out about electronics and if it isn't SOP I'd seriously consider sticking with it. Our crew were in a different class to Virgin and the planes are both Jumbos.
Yes I'd rather have the Dreamliner as it's excellent but the recalls are down to Boeing not Norwegian.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
The Miami flight was OK (we flew on Monday)
Plane was fine , crew some of the most professional I've had with any carrier in years , my only complaint really was the no electronics thing which as no one else has mentioned it may have been specific to that flight. I'd seriously consider finding out about electronics and if it isn't SOP I'd seriously consider sticking with it. Our crew were in a different class to Virgin and the planes are both Jumbos.
Yes I'd rather have the Dreamliner as it's excellent but the recalls are down to Boeing not Norwegian.
What’s SOP? I doubt Norwegian customer service would have a clue what was on them! I thought the plane was a 777? Good to know it wasn’t all bad though!
Old 12 May 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

What’s SOP? I doubt Norwegian customer service would have a clue what was on them! I thought the plane was a 777? Good to know it wasn’t all bad though!
SOP = ‘standard operating procedure’. Question is was it a one off that they banned electronics or is that their policy for every flight.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerviz
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by swintonowl View Post
SOP = ‘standard operating procedure’. Question is was it a one off that they banned electronics or is that their policy for every flight.
I’d really like to know this as we travelling to Miami in August with 2 teenagers! Could make for an interesting flight with no IPADS/phones! 😂
Gingerviz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I can get an outbound reward flight with Virgin using my miles and buying some more to make it up. Cost will be the same as the Norwegian flight. So now just waiting to hear back from Norwegian - hope they don't take too long and I don't have to fight with them for a refund!
Old 13 May 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Does the Tampa route still have 787s?