Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 May 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

I've taken a look at a load of the pics the lady in the above review took - the plane is perfectly fine, seat back IFE with modern movies, clean and tidy interior. If you're on the LGW-MCO route then there's no need to panic. It looks fine.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by harber78 View Post
Actually I have been in this situation before with BA and Virgin and neither offered a refund or change and surprised that Norwegian did.

Guess they had follow other airlines terms of service as there was nothing in their terms saying they would refund.

If you do want to change I think they charge £90 per person each way to change date, name or route which has been useful to me in past.
I think it comes down to that Norwegian were advertising the 787 on these routes and that people booked specifically because of that fact.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
I think it comes down to that Norwegian were advertising the 787 on these routes and that people booked specifically because of that fact.
And that is where my problem lies.

If I had booked a flight on Concorde.. then that is what I would demand.

As a former aircraft technician and lifelong aviation fan , I do understand the Norwegian Airline issue, that it is a Rolls Royce fault rather than theirs, etc.

An old 777 with no IFE is not a fair and reasonable wet lease replacement aircraft in any way. If Norwegian were operating 777s with no IFE then regardless of ticket price, I would not have purchased. This is not a last minute replacement for an aircraft that has gone ‘tech’. They knew about this issue over a year ago... what next? A Constellation ?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 05:03 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Getting Excited

Mobile

Can anyone tell me what Facebook group the reviews from? I'd like to check out the photos.
tonyspurs81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
And that is where my problem lies.

If I had booked a flight on Concorde.. then that is what I would demand.

As a former aircraft technician and lifelong aviation fan , I do understand the Norwegian Airline issue, that it is a Rolls Royce fault rather than theirs, etc.

An old 777 with no IFE is not a fair and reasonable wet lease replacement aircraft in any way. If Norwegian were operating 777s with no IFE then regardless of ticket price, I would not have purchased. This is not a last minute replacement for an aircraft that has gone ‘tech’. They knew about this issue over a year ago... what next? A Constellation ?
So we have removed the A340 from the Dibb slaughtering after the lovely review above. So we now move onto destroy the 777, give the airline a break.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

What more can they do. They have to maintain the aircraft, I’m sure there’d prefer not to lease aircraft etc. If it were Ryanair you’d be told at the airport no plane. Most booked Norwegian because it was very competitive on price. The fact they had Dreamliner was a bonus to most. It’s a mode of transport much like any other. Without Norwegian there’d be less competition. Careful what you wish for.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by hardly View Post
What more can they do. They have to maintain the aircraft, I’m sure there’d prefer not to lease aircraft etc. If it were Ryanair you’d be told at the airport no plane. Most booked Norwegian because it was very competitive on price. The fact they had Dreamliner was a bonus to most. It’s a mode of transport much like any other. Without Norwegian there’d be less competition. Careful what you wish for.
Allow rebookings and refunds, as they always have.
Port Orleans French Quarter September 2019
Caribbean Beach January 2021
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Kaspian View Post
At the end of the day, it’s 9 hours of your life sat in a metal tube that’s slightly different to the metal tube you had in mind. Is it really going to make that much difference? You’re going to Orlando, to the magic! I’m sure you can survive a plane ride!
I see where you are coming from, but I spend a lot of money on flights for my family and I (five adults) so I expect to get what I paid for. That is a reasonably new plane, of modern design (as advertised!) and excellent IFE (as advertised!). The cost of the flights for us far outweighs the other costs involved in the 21 day holiday. My eldest daughter is not a good flyer, and we booked based on the Dreamliner, which is what I told Norwegian when I contacted them ref a refund, which I got.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkyweb
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by hardly View Post
Most booked Norwegian because it was very competitive on price. The fact they had Dreamliner was a bonus to most. It’s a mode of transport much like any other.
This is exactly my thoughts! The only reason that we are going to Florida this year is because the price was cheaper than two weeks in Europe (not mentioning Brexit...) with a pool (hotel or villa). I agree that the dreamliner is a nice plane (not as nice as an A380 but thats another subject) and its was a bonus that was what was booked.

We are traveling to MIA out on a Thursday so for the time being we should still be in a 788, however our trip home is on a privilege style and from what I understand is very limited in the IFE dept. Whilst this is a pain, the aim is to sleep anyway.

I spend in excess of 100,000miles a year on planes so perhaps I'm being a bit blasé about the subject. I do agree that the IFE offering does cause concern - on the flip side I remember the first time I went to Florida as a child we were lucky that there was 4 drop down screens on the whole plane.
sparkyweb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemski
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Segdude View Post
I see where you are coming from, but I spend a lot of money on flights for my family and I (five adults) so I expect to get what I paid for. That is a reasonably new plane, of modern design (as advertised!) and excellent IFE (as advertised!). The cost of the flights for us far outweighs the other costs involved in the 21 day holiday. My eldest daughter is not a good flyer, and we booked based on the Dreamliner, which is what I told Norwegian when I contacted them ref a refund, which I got.
Can I ask how you got the refund? I've tried to get a change of flight but they won't budge saying they don't change or refund if not s flex ticket. Ive pointed out that they have made amendments to numerous peoples bookings but they are denying this

Edited at 06:44 PM.
Gemski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List