Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 May 17, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by macchu picchu View Post
I think your trip reports are wonderful - I'll be showing this one to my son who is keen to try Toothsomes, he will be more keen when he reads your report. Poot is a joy, as ever.

Quickly runs through Toothsome post in her head...trying to think if there was anything unsuitable for children in it, no...should be OK...

Thanks so much for checking in, Macchu Picchu. I was a bit nervous about Toothsome - I worried that (like at Rainforest/T-Rex) all the effort would have gone into the theming/shopping opportunities...but NO - the food was really nice. I only wish R.C.'d been with us (so I could have sampled more dishes!).

And Poot says, "Oh, thank you!" Your kind words are much appreciated - I'd be lying if I said it was as easy to stay motivated this deep into the trippie as it was back on Day 1...

Probably shouldn't say that...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day sounds like some great interactions (the Stan one barely spoke to us when we had our photo by the knight bus )

Wandy should be ashamed of himself

Toothsome sounds fab
It'll be a shame when your report is done, I'm loving it
Old 12 May 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Great day sounds like some great interactions (the Stan one barely spoke to us when we had our photo by the knight bus )

Wandy should be ashamed of himself

Toothsome sounds fab
It'll be a shame when your report is done, I'm loving it
I'm just going to respond in order, as I'm not clever enough to work my points into a lovely, coherent paragraph...

Yes, our last "Stan" (back in 2014) was like that, too. There was a big queue of people, though - and I think Universal must tell the characters to keep their lines moving. Was it super busy when you went? I'm not joking when I say that being at Universal during such a quiet week made me want to book that week again. Disney's a madhouse all the time, now - it was an enormous treat not to have to dodge so many strollers.

Ah...Wandy. I'm sure TTT was chosen by a specific pattern - but it didn't SEEM like it. She was a gorgeous girl - with a bosom that defied gravity - I just felt sad that the children (all of whom were REALLY hoping to have a "movie moment") left disappointed. It seemed kind of cruel.

Don't miss Toothsome on your next visit, it was so much fun.

And thank you for checking in. This was really supposed to be a food report, with just a sprinkling of "non-food activities". You can see how well that worked out...

I notice from your siggie that you're off to New York this summer - have a fab time! I've not been in years (not since before R.C. and I were married) - but our stress-booked cruise finishes up there. Poot is champing at the bit; so far I've only noticed that the SOL cruises have TRIPLED in price since my last visit!
Old 12 May 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I'm just going to respond in order, as I'm not clever enough to work my points into a lovely, coherent paragraph...

Yes, our last "Stan" (back in 2014) was like that, too. There was a big queue of people, though - and I think Universal must tell the characters to keep their lines moving. Was it super busy when you went? I'm not joking when I say that being at Universal during such a quiet week made me want to book that week again. Disney's a madhouse all the time, now - it was an enormous treat not to have to dodge so many strollers.

Ah...Wandy. I'm sure TTT was chosen by a specific pattern - but it didn't SEEM like it. She was a gorgeous girl - with a bosom that defied gravity - I just felt sad that the children (all of whom were REALLY hoping to have a "movie moment") left disappointed. It seemed kind of cruel.

Don't miss Toothsome on your next visit, it was so much fun.

And thank you for checking in. This was really supposed to be a food report, with just a sprinkling of "non-food activities". You can see how well that worked out...

I notice from your siggie that you're off to New York this summer - have a fab time! I've not been in years (not since before R.C. and I were married) - but our stress-booked cruise finishes up there. Poot is champing at the bit; so far I've only noticed that the SOL cruises have TRIPLED in price since my last visit!
It was august, but we didn't think it was super busy, not compared to Disney anyway! Maybe he was just having an off day!

Yes, New York, we've never been, we are looking forward to it but a little bit pining for Florida, I think maybe because Florida is so easy, and we love it, something new feels a bit tricky, I imagine getting lost...a lot! But the ny trippies I've read everyone seems to love it

Well I'm definitely enjoying the few non-food items haha!
Old 12 May 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for another fab read April. It's 0914 hours so I hope that you are the proud owner of Children's Prom tix!

Poor TF, but at least your family will be kind to him if he does visit!

And lastly...

EEK
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
It was august, but we didn't think it was super busy, not compared to Disney anyway! Maybe he was just having an off day!

Yes, New York, we've never been, we are looking forward to it but a little bit pining for Florida, I think maybe because Florida is so easy, and we love it, something new feels a bit tricky, I imagine getting lost...a lot! But the ny trippies I've read everyone seems to love it

Well I'm definitely enjoying the few non-food items haha!
Hmm...well, that's no good then. There must have been a Tiffany Tiny-Top in the queue behind you!

I know EXACTLY what you mean about planning for somewhere new - we've have FOUR new spots (Barcelona, Cadiz, Lisbon and St. John's) to plan for the cruise. I got a PILE of library books - but it's all a bit daunting. I just want someone to say, "Here. Do THESE things, in THIS order."

I'm sure you will love NY (everyone but me does!) - I don't read a lot of NY trippies, but the ones I see always seem to say things like "MOST AMAZING HOLIDAY EVER", etc...

And thank you for satisfying my curiosity (WHY? WHY? WHY?). I'm like a toddler, sorry.

Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
Thanks for another fab read April. It's 0914 hours so I hope that you are the proud owner of Children's Prom tix!

Poor TF, but at least your family will be kind to him if he does visit!

And lastly...

EEK

Mamie Baldwin a Slytherin! I'd never have believed it!

Thank you for participating ( ) - now we just need a Gryffindor and our mini-Hogwarts is complete. But I suppose all the Gryffindors are out saving the world again...

And YES - the tickets have been ordered. Despite getting "through" to the site at 9:00 exactly, I was still Number 613 in the queue, but at least Poot and R.C. won't have to stand. I, of course, will be staying at home and reading a novel - as you know classical music and I get along like...Jeremy Corbyn and the Queen.

I would NEVER say that my parenting style is the "right" one - and TF's mother really does seem to think that this will be best for him. I hope she's right...
Old 12 May 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good Morning April

I always look forward to your Friday morning posts! Looks as though you had a lovely day for Poots "fake birthday" Toothsome looks so good, think I might need to factor a visit into our plans purely for those Philly Cheesesteak Rolls.

I don't know how you bite your tongue with Cousine X... you seem to have a lot of the same parenting values as I do. I don't go overboard with lavish gifts for my kids either, we also like to travel and have some adventure rather than sit playing iphones all day long.

Tiffany Tiny Pop... that really made me laugh

Oh and Edited to add in... Im a Gryffindor
Old 12 May 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Good Morning April

I always look forward to your Friday morning posts! Looks as though you had a lovely day for Poots "fake birthday" Toothsome looks so good, think I might need to factor a visit into our plans purely for those Philly Cheesesteak Rolls.

I don't know how you bite your tongue with Cousine X... you seem to have a lot of the same parenting values as I do. I don't go overboard with lavish gifts for my kids either, we also like to travel and have some adventure rather than sit playing iphones all day long.

Tiffany Tiny Top... that really made me laugh

Oh and Edited to add in... Im a Gryffindor

A Gryffindor - outstanding! Did you do the quiz with your family? Are you a good mix, or all Gryffindors? Hmm...now that I have asked that I am remembering that your younger son may still be too young for HP...

I am with you totally on adventure - I think that's an area where boys are easier to raise. Even now, with people giving six year olds smartphones, a lad can ALWAYS get more street cred with other lads by being into sports, or outdoor pursuits. "I like to fish/hunt/camp/play rugby" still sounds cooler than "I like to sit indoors and finger my...phone".

And I think the thing with presents is that once you get on that hamster wheel, you can't get off...you always have to be trying to "top" last year's gadget.

Many thanks for your loyal companionship on this journey, Shona. We are nearing the end!
Old 12 May 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I was going to make the same lame joke as FBD about which Wand ,Wandy would want to give to Tiffiny Tiny-Top!
And yes ..it is just your autocorrect that changes Jurassic to "My a$$" ! but I think it sounds like a good insult "Welcome to ...My A$$ Park !" Do do dooo do do ...🎼 but also like a bad X-rated film like "Shaving Ryan's Pri.. "I'll leave it there ..
And as for the old broad in Toothsome , wow .. some people really do have absolutely no brain cells or patience 😡
Your trippie just makes me appreciate how much I dislike 'people'
Looks like Poot had a grand unbirthday though ! I'm pretty sure that is my ideal birthday outing !

Edited at 10:28 AM.
Old 12 May 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
YES! It's like we share a brain, duchy!

Hmm...maybe I could find a better way to phrase that...
Ha ha
I shall take it in the spirit it was meant
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List