Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 May 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
I am rubbish at this , wanted to show my patronus... a lioness 😀😀
Here I come, riding to your rescue on my Thestral...

You are the new bada$$ in town!

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Ha! I definitely not any mind-altering drugs. Just a combination of my cats' names and my age about 100 years ago (for a different forum I used before finding the Dibb!).
R.C.'s away, Poot's in bed - I have time to hunt up photos...

Zomax is not only a drug...

...it's also a make of chainsaws!

Sadly, the drug is NOT a mind-altering one - it's an antibiotic. Dommage.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh and I am sure you want to know that my DD is home and already asleep. Slightly filthy and she had an absolute ball.
Oh, I am SO pleased to hear that. I'm sure you were a little bit nervous - but are now very proud. Well done, small Slytherin!

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Another Myers-Briggs thing thoughtcatalog/heidi-prie...sonality-type/
At least Wandy redeemed himself, I"m not convinced on the parade but hopefully this year I'll be there around that time so can see for myself.
Another great instalment though.
LOL...I looked at ours - and that is TOTALLY how Wednesday felt to me. It was not a nice way to feel. But I liked my mother's entry, too:

ENFJ – Your loved ones are in dire need of guidance but every piece of advice you gives them inadvertently makes things worse for them.

The best one, though was Goldia's -

ENTJ – Somebody is wrong, and they’re directing a large group of people! You can’t do anything about it and will have to obey whatever inefficient policies they decide to implement.

I think this one fits us pretty well, too.

The parade is great - as a free in-park "additional experience". It is NOT the quality of a Disney parade and I would not pay extra for it.

But I am EXTREMELY nerdy, so I really enjoyed watching just how the rope-holders had to slow down, let slack out - all that sort of thing - to keep the balloons under control. YOUR enjoyment of that would obviously depend on your own level of geekiness. You've seen my Star Trek beach towel - you know where I land on that particular spectrum.

And yes, Wandy - I think he could sense my distress from across the chamber! I'm sure it helped that this time no-one in our group had a bosom that defied gravity.

Many thanks for your continued support -
Old 19 May 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

thoughtcatalog/heidi-prie...sonality-type/
INTP
You were a less stereotypical nerd. You were smart but didn’t much care for the way most subjects were taught and chose to skip school quite a bit. The social scene didn’t much interest you, save for a few friends who you sat with at lunch and talked Star Wars with. You pretty much just rode high school out, earning decent grades with minimal effort and frustrating teachers with your consistent refusal to ‘apply yourself.’

thestral
gryffindor
thunderbird
yew wood dragon heartstring core - surprisingly swishy
Old 19 May 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Another fantastic installment, I love reading your report and I'm actually going to be quite sad when it's finished.
I feel bad for not adding a comment on your other post. I read it and then got completely busy and didn't get a chance

So I've done all the tests now and I'm very boring. Gryffindor and a badger!

I would definitely take TF to the WB studio tour in Watford. Not cheap £37 each but a fantastic day out. We were actually there on Monday and they have added the forbidden forest. And money saving tip you can take your own food and they don't mind you sitting in the cafe with it

Omg the poor children with those names. I've never heard of the arsenal backwards thing either but I met a mother a baby group who name her son Zeus. He's got a lot to live up to
You are forgiven.

And your results are quite interesting to me, even if they're boring to you. Paula (PJB71) had exactly the same ones! I know this is all just silliness and fun - but I do LOVE a good "sorting" and can't help but wonder how much people who get the same house/patronus might have in common...

I do ALWAYS like a good money-saving tip. R.C. used to be very embarrassed when I brought sandwiches on days out, but over the years he's gotten used to it. We were planning to do the HP tour for Poot's birthday, though - I'm sure I sound mean and horrible for wanting it just to be the three of us...but maybe we can visit some of the HP sights/sites in London with TF.

Poot has suggested a bonfire and fireworks - which I think is a really good idea, too. Have to be careful there - should probably try and return TF to SGP with all ten of his fingers...

ZEUS! Good Grief! You know that poor child will end up looking like this:

Zeus is a first for me. Not to get all sanctimonious (too late!) - but if you want attention go get it YOURSELF. Don't make your kid constantly have to explain himself just because you want to be "different".

Thanks for taking the time to comment -

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I will re-read and reply properly tomorrow as it's been a hell of a day but I just wanted to check in to say that Grizabella Spider-Man is possibly one of the best things I've ever read. Just superb.

My other first thought is how alike you and Poot look in the photos of you together. Lovely.

It was just one of those moments - the park was dead, and he was obviously bored out of his gourd. In all seriousness, though - that sort of thing is what I like about Universal. I can't imagine a Disney M&G ever "permitting" that...

I was dating a guy (many years ago) and he asked me if I liked Andrew Lloyd Webber - and I said, "No, I'd rather stick screwdrivers in my ears than listen to that. Why?"

And he said, "Because I got us tickets to see "The Phantom of the Opera" next month."

Whoops.

And THANK YOU. Poot is a DEAD RINGER for my brother - and has been since he was about six months old. Did you read "Angels and Insects"? There's a line where the hero notices that the children "revert so shockingly to the ancestral type" - I thought of that the first time I noticed that all of Poot is me. None is R.C. Which is sad for him, but I won't lie - very pleasing to my family. And a bit of a relief - because R.C.'s father had a head shaped like a triangle...

See you soon -
Old 19 May 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Seriously, why is it the naughty 'wand' innuendo (or not as her experience may have been ) so funny

Also so sorry for the novella it would appear that I have an issue with succinctness
My friend, if you haven't figured out yet that I am of the "More is More" school - than you haven't been paying attention. I am the Gypsy bride of trippies...

And why are the wand jokes so funny? Because small things please small minds, but small "wands" please nobody.
Old 19 May 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can't believe I forgot my name story! Recently, in a magazine that I wouldn't read but saw on another forum, the winner of "name of the month" was KVIIIlin. Can you guess?
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
My friend, if you haven't figured out yet that I am of the "More is More" school - than you haven't been paying attention. I am the Gypsy bride of trippies...

And why are the wand jokes so funny? Because small things please small minds, but small "wands" please nobody.
Seriously! I did have a no drinking and dibbing rule - I have totally ruined my iPad...again! Lol! Between you and Helen, you are both mischief
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Neep View Post
thoughtcatalog/heidi-prie...sonality-type/
INTP
You were a less stereotypical nerd. You were smart but didn’t much care for the way most subjects were taught and chose to skip school quite a bit. The social scene didn’t much interest you, save for a few friends who you sat with at lunch and talked Star Wars with. You pretty much just rode high school out, earning decent grades with minimal effort and frustrating teachers with your consistent refusal to ‘apply yourself.’

thestral
gryffindor
thunderbird
yew wood dragon heartstring core - surprisingly swishy
You have a Thestral patronus as well? That's so interesting - when it came up as "very rare" Poot said, "I bet it's not. But PEOPLE want to think that THEY ARE rare."

And well done, Poot - ten points for Gryffindor!

And pretty badly done me - rearing a child who's a cynic at age ten...

Love the INTP description - how accurate was it for you? Because aside from the "Star Wars" talk - that was me in high school. And at University. I LOATHED school - every moment of it. That wasn't a system (conform! conform!) that worked for me.

You have to help me out with "Thunderbird" - what's that? Obviously I know what a Thunderbird is (), but what does it have to do with Harry Potter?

So happy to see you pop up tonight. I love the word "neep" and when we say "neep" or "neeps" at our house we always do it like Beaker -

- but with an "n".

Poot has a dragon heartstring core in his wand - I'm off to look at "Yew". I love DH, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad he's away right now. "Dinner? You want dinner? Go away, I'm Dibbing."
Old 19 May 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I can't believe I forgot my name story! Recently, in a magazine that I wouldn't read but saw on another forum, the winner of "name of the month" was KVIIIlin. Can you guess?
YES! CAITLIN! And while I'm proud of myself for figuring it out, I'm very, very sad for that poor child.

I don't have my glasses on, though - and at first I thought the name was "Klingon"!

"It is a good day to...seek therapy - since I have spent my whole life being mocked for my ridiculous name."

Sorry - Klingon jokes are probably a bridge too far. I'll stop now.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Seriously! I did have a no drinking and dibbing rule - I have totally ruined my iPad...again! Lol! Between you and Helen, you are both mischief
Sorry, Sparksy. Please don't sic your Westie on me.

You know it's true, though.
Old 19 May 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

my third year class thought it was rare - yeah - my inspirational teaching on last day of term, discussing HP! then i did the quiz on the white board. Agree to the cynicism however!
i love Beaker - a bizarre character!
- No skipping school, but yeah - i refuse to be typecast by geek, or rebel - i rebel against that!
Thunderbird - ilvermorny house - Fantastic beasts - i think its supposed to be the houses used in american wizarding schools.
Named by Chadwick Boot after his favourite magical beast, the Thunderbird, a beast that can create storms as it flies. Thunderbird house is sometimes considered to represent the soul of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Thunderbird favours adventurers.

get on potter more!