Day 2 - Miami heat and an unexpected trip to the Ball Park
Day 3 - Sat-Nav Stress & Orlando Arrival
Day 4 - Universal Studios, Nascar & Impact Wrestling
Day 5 - IOA & Margaritaville
Day 6 - Universal Studios & NBA City
Day 7 - IOA (very briefly) & Nascar
Day 8 - Universal Studios & Margaritaville
Day 9 - Pool and Last Day Catch-up
Day 10 - Goodbye RPR & Hello SSR (and copious amounts of dessert eating)
Day 11 - Magic Kingdom, Tortuga Tavern & Teppan Edo
Day 12 - Hollywood Studios & Play n Dine

Travel Days 21st & 22nd July

Car packed up and ready for our stay in the Crowne Plaza Heathrow. Pleasant journey had us checking in at 6.30pm. We were happy with the room which had two double beds. We'd booked it for £49.50 as the Undercover hotel through Holiday Extras.

We decided on a swim in the lovely pool which even included a cold plunge pool!

Then thought we'd better have some food but the food options in the hotel looked pretty expensive. Decided on the pub option within the hotel which ended up being a dramatic choice. An eventful meal which involved some raw chicken, a full refund, chicken delivered to room and some good customer service along the way. In bed an unable to sleep ready for the big off.

Sundy 22nd July - Delta Delights!

Now any readers of the pre trip know I wa dreading the indirect flight experience but for those that haven't got the time to waste to read through the next waffle it was great. All Delta glitchers breathe a sigh of relief the flights were a joy!

Detailed waffley bit - left hotel at around 6.45 for Meteor Meet & Greet at Terminal 4 (50p thank-you Dibb). They were really efficient and it was very easy. We had done OLCI so straight to bag drop small queue and we were through security by 7.45ish.

Just hand luggage left after dropping off our 4 bags. Bad parent warning as we let them sit on the trolley!

Bit of a negative the food choices for a snack in Terminal 4 were pretty rubbish and very spread out.

However I did spot this which would have been marvelous if we'd had a later flight.

Hence DH stressed phone calls as we were supposed to be boarding and I was in queue for Costa Coffee. Delta were fab with the huge buggy we had taken to the gate and let us into lots of queues early (sorry fellow travellers!). Sat on plane by 9am ready for 9.45 departure. We were sat in Economy Comfort, seats felt very large and had great leg room. Flight time would be 8 1/2 hours. IVOD system was great, particularly the kids choices which were extensive including The Lorax and lots of Disney films. I enjoyed the Hunger Games for the first time after being addicted to the books.

Offers of drinks were very plentiful. The food was nice, Chicken Yellow Thai Curry. Children's meals were ok but DS and DD felt particularly fussy today and didn't eat much.

My first food photos of DD's meal! (Unfortunately probably my last as well, I always forget!) Sorry can't rotate it so please turn your head to one side.

We landed early in Atlanta at 13.45 but then had the speediest journey through immigration (hardly a queue and friendly officers). We collected our bags which was the longest bit, simple to drop them back off just around the corner after Customs. Loads of staff showing you where to go. We then had to travel through the airport via the train to get to our gate. We were in the right concourse having food by 2.30pm ready for our connecting flight to Miami at 4.15pm. This boarded at 3.50 and we had plenty of room in our seats again. A nice short flight into Miami where we landed at 6.10pm.

Straight out via baggage claim which was really fast and all our bags made it (yay!). Into a taxi ($40 inc. tip) and checking into the Loews Miami Beach by 7.15. I couldn't get an upgraded room so nagged them into moving us tomorrow!

The weather is a bit overcast but we fitted in a quick swim and then ready for bed. DS and DD guilt tripped me that they were very hungry so I sprinted round to Walgreens (2 minutes from the hotel) loaded up with junk and you guessed it they were fast asleep on my return.

Anticipating the old 4am wake-up call in the morning so I promise to add some photos then.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR

Edited at 10:38 PM.
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh i do hope you do finish Sounds like a great hassle free travel day with great flights, Ds and DD been fas asleep when you got back made me laugh, so typical
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Great travel day! More please
Old 23 Jul 12, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I hope you manage to keep your report going - I love a live one! You've almost convinced me to give indirect a go!
loobz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Thanks for reading everyone. I've just added the photos. I was up at 4.45am but the sleeping beauties are still in the land of nod. I think karma has given me a boot up the behind after my blissful travel day as it is absolutely hammering down here and doesn't look like it's stopping for the next two days! My DH is being very rational as all you understanding female Dibbers will understand and wants to fly back home! Please give me the strength to just agree with him all day as otherwise my update tonight will probably contain Jeremy Kyle-esque moments. Aaargh!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great travel day, good to hear great things about Delta as we are flying with them soon. Hope the weather get's better quickly for you.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Another one who is hoping you finish.

Fab start, great journey...

Seriously hoping the weather picks up for you

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Jo,
Fantastic start, hope the weather improves for you. Have a great holiday.
Pamela
Old 23 Jul 12, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Hi Jo

Great start and I do hope that rain stops by the time we get there on Thursday.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 12, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad all went well Jo, look forward to reading more, you can do it ;-) have fun xx