Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Feb 14, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Ben and Libby's Return to Neverland! Day 8 - Magic Kingdom and a Very Special Question… (Part 1)

Day 8 - Saturday October 19th 2013

Magic Kingdom and a Very Special Question… (Part 1)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 19th October 2013 was finally here, the day we’d been waiting for since the last time we left Magic Kingdom waaayy back in 2011. It had been a super duper long time coming and I couldn’t believe we were about to go back. Lets do this!

We woke up at 6am, giving ourselves plenty of time to get everything ready before Henry came. Ben had phoned him the night before, informing him that he now needed to pick us up from HRH where he had dropped us off a few days previously, rather than Rosen Inn, ha! He laughed when Ben told him! He was coming at 7.30 so we were all good. We got ready, packed everything up and said goodbye to our beautiful room for the last time We went down to the lobby and I waited with the bags while Ben checked us out. I then had to get cash out of the ATM as we didn’t have any and while I was doing that, Henry came into the lobby to greet us. It was like seeing an old friend! Bless his heart.

As we drove to Saratoga Springs, excitement levels were pretty much uncontrollable. We were like giggly school children, pointing out Disney signs as we drove past and generally getting ourselves into a state of frenzy

As we drove past the Walt Disney World sign, Henry whispered ‘where dreams come true!’ Well I was nearly in tears. What a babe.

We drove into SSR and I was feeling extremely emotional, it really was like coming home! Henry dropped us outside the lobby and we had a nice chat with him before saying goodbye <3 The trip cost $40 which we thought was a bit of a barg, including tip I think! A lovely bellhop offered to put our (multiple) bags on a trolley and we headed inside to check in.

It was so incredible being back at our beloved SSR. As we walked inside, I was taking it all in. I breathed in the beautiful, sweet smell of the lobby that I sometimes think I can smell now we’re back home. I listened to the excited chatter of guests arriving and checking in and the classical music playing and I tried to commit to memory the feeling of the rush of warm air you get whenever someone went in or out of the doors. We were back. WOOOOO!

We walked over to the desk and had a lovely, if slightly special, man called Eric checking us in. He was so sweet and very chatty but unfortunately at one point in the convo, a little line of drool dripped threateningly down out of his mouth onto his chin…as we looked on in mingled disgust and horror, he didn’t even notice and just carried on haha. What a man! I was thrilled to be told we had a high room in the Grandstand area, just what I had requested phew! I knew all about Vic’s room nightmare (see Witts Weebly Disneymoon for more info!) so had been dreading the resort being cray biz it was, but I think we just got lucky! Our room wasn’t ready which was fine as we were going to MK anyway (DUHHHH.) We asked Eric how we’d sort out our giftcard but bless him, he had no idea. Basically, our travel documents hadn’t been sent to us before we left (!) so we had no giftcard, no confirmation docs and no book of coupons. Not the end of the world but we’d spoken to a woman in Hammersmith office when we got to the airport on Saturday, who assured us she’d send all the details to SSR. Hmmmm. No-one knew anything about it. They advised us to phone up again to clarify the details so we said we would and pushed it to the backs of our minds. We had a park to get to! Eric told us that we did have a package to pick up though – Ian and Victoria’s wedding present which we’d had shipped to the resort, exciting We left it with our luggage and went to get the bus to MK.

Excited at the bus stop

The Springs bus stop was sooooo busy, omg! We were slightly scared – was it going to be like this for the next 2 weeks!? Please god no! We waited about 20 minutes for a bus and then as usual, 2 came at once. There was a bunfight for the 1st so we hung back and got on the 2nd. Finally, we were on our way!

We got to MK about 9.05, not too shabby after our busy morning! We felt like we’d been up for houuurs haha! We joined the crowds walking towards those beautiful, magical arches and slightly embarrassingly, I started to cry! We weren’t even in the park lol! It was just the music and the anticipation, it was all too much. And I didn’t even know what was in store for the rest of the day!

We queued up, scanned our new KTTW cards and we were through I managed to compose myself as we walked into the square and we just walked around, taking it all in We passed the badge cart and I was desperate to get one but we weren’t celebrating anything this trip so felt I couldn’t They guy manning the cart was like, ‘what are you celebrating?’ and I said ‘Noooothinggggg “ haha, tragic!

Moving on from the upsetting badge cart, we decided to pause briefly to restroom before we continued into the park.. As we were walking up, who should we see taking some video just outside, but Mr Ian Witt himself! Ben decided to surprise him so he went to walk past him but deliberately knocked into him as he did haha, Ian looked so surprised when he looked up and saw it was Ben! We had a quick hug and a chat; they were doing their KTTK tour this morning and we’d caught them just before the tour started! We walked over to City Hall where Victoria was waiting outside and we surprised her too hehe. We had a quick chat and caught up about the last week then arranged to meet Vic and Ian after their tour at about 2pm. I was feeling knackered by this point and it was super hot, plus I knew it would be busy as it was a Saturday so I wasn’t 100% sure we should commit to staying til the afternoon, in case we wanted to head back to SSR and check in and everything. So I kind of said this to the gang haha and, well, lets just say it didn’t go down well! Ian kept saying it would be so fun for us all to the do the rides together and I was like yeah yeah I know, whilst privately thinking we had like 3 more days together to do everything lol! I left it though and we planned to meet at 2pm, they were going to text us after their tour had finished and we’d meet up We waved bye to them and set off into the park, woooooo!

We were both absolutely ravenous by this point, so decided breakfast HAD to be the first order of the day. As we stepped out onto beautiful, glorious Main Street, I could feel the tears threatening to start again, oh lordy! Seeing the castle for the first time was just amazing and I was so unbelievably excited to see what the next two weeks would bring for us

So, breakfast! As we were on Main Street, we decided to check out Main Street Bakery with its’ new Starbucks makeover. We were a bit annoyed when we heard it eas changing to Starbucks as we really aren’t Starbucks people but we didn’t go to the bakery before, so we had nothing to compare it to! We walked in and it was pretty busy so we got straight in the queue. A lovely lady handed us a sheet with the menu and all the DDP options on which we thought was a good idea. For some reason, we decided to pay OOP here hahaha, first day of holiday excitement I guess where you’re worried about using up all your credits too early on! We were totally spoilt for choice as there were sooooooo many options, we vowed to come back again to try them! The baked items looked crazy good but we both decided on savoury this time. I chose a sausage, egg and cheese muffin, and Benj went for the veggie option (obvi) of feta, egg white and tomato wrap. Why is the veggie option also always the ‘healthier’ option!? It annoys me! Sometimes he might just want a big old slab of deep fried tofu, or something! Anyway. We also got a water to share. The queue moved really quickly and we just had to wait a couple of minutes at the end for our sandwiches to be made – fresh!

We carried our goodies back out onto Main Street, looking for somewhere to nibble. We were going to just eat and walk but I noticed all the seating outside Casey’s, which was really quiet. We grabbed a little table and sat down with this beautiful view How perfect!?

Breakfast goodies!

oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 14, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Yum!

Our sandwiches were both really good! Although, I asked for ketchup and they didn’t have any it would have been even better with ketchup. Ben’s was actually amazing though and I decided I’d get that one next time. We perused the map as we ate, talking excitedly about our plan of action for the day. Oh, what I would give to go back to that moment right now, right at the very beginning of our amazing Disney stay. I don’t know if I’ve ever felt so happy and contented in my whole life, being in my favourite place in the world, with my favourite person in the world. Sigh.

Oh man up Lib! Anyway. So Ben did a bit of filming and I took some pics and then we were suitably fuelled enough to start our adventures. And where were we starting? Why, Liberty Square of course! Possibly my favourite land in MK and incredibly underrated, I feel! Haunted Mansion was to be our first ride as it’s both of our favourites and we’d become massively obsessed with the history and everything surrounding the story, in the months leading up to the trip. Excitement levels = high. But first, a stroll through beautiful Liberty Square. I just LOVE this land, all the architecute of the houses, the peaceful vibes, the fact that it looks like a perfect little New England town…it’s the best. I love anything New England/Colonial/Salen Witch Trials haha so it suits me to a T

We made a beeline for the adorable rocking chairs as we got some cute photos here in 2011 that I was keen to replicate Benj took a couple of me:

I was about to get up to take a couple of him, when I suddenly froze. Ben had flagged down a passing CM and was asking him to take a photo of us. Now, you may be wondering why I froze. Not an unusual thing to do, asking a CM to take a pic of us. But, for Benj, it really is unusual. He’s super duper shy and doesn’t really like talking to staff/people working in places etc unless I really make him lol, like to complain or something. He’d rather just leave it, or if its to take a photo, he’ll just take the photo of me and we won’t get one of us together. But here we were, in my favourite land in my favourite park in WDW and he was asking the CM to take a photo of us. Have you guessed why I froze yet?

I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO PROPOSE! Sweet lord almighty, I thought This Is It. It seemed to take a lifetime for him to walk back up the stairs towards me and sit down in the rocking chair. But he did, we smiled, the CM took the photo, Benj got back up and walked down the stairs to take the camera back and the CM walked away. Oh. Okay then! Hahaha. I jokingly said to him “Bloody hell babe I thought you were going to propose then!” He laughed and I didn’t think anything more of it! I just asked him what he thought when I said that and he said he slightly soiled himself but he thought it was pretty funny. Hehe!
‘That’ photo

So, after the rocking chair pics, we continued on our merry way to the HM. Oooooh excitement levels were at an all time high – our very first Disney ride!

We went through the interactive queue bit (obviously) and played with all the stuff as we walked through I hate when people just walk through this bit, tutting at you cause you’re in the way. USE THE OTHER SIDE PEOPLE, IT’S FOR GRUMPIES LIKE YOU.

In no time at all we were through and onto the ride. We just love everything about HM, IMO it is pure Disney magic at its finest and it gets more interesting with every ride!

As we were nearly in the area, we decided to get some headliners done. We got FP’s for BTM and joined the queue for Splash, which wasn’t too long. I did a FB post in the queue, ‘checking in’ to MK hehe LOVE that free Wifi, I was all over it like a rash!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 14, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Random Splash queue pics

Splash was awesomeeee and we didn’t get too wet lol, we sang the song all the way round too Pretty good show us your bum! * *not the actual words

When we got off, we went through the giftshop and Ben spotted the penny presser so set about getting his first pennies. There was a short queue and we felt so sorry for the family in front, the machine ate their penny! It was really weird but there was nothing they could do! So we stepped up and luckily it was fine for us.

Benj got a Splash Mountain penny and another one we can’t identify!

Our BTM FP was ready so we headed that way, skipping the line with our FP’s woooooo later suckaaaa’ssss!

We then went to Pirates cause the queue was only 5 minutes, score! It was actually a walk on and in no time at all we were singing along, Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me! Oh it felt so good to be back in the MK, going on all the rides I used to go on as a kid Nostalgia-fest! I was a very happy girl indeed.

As we were right near it, we decided the time was right for a Tiki Tiki room visit. We’d never been on this and having read lots about it (the original Disneyland attraction was the first to feature WED audio-animatronic technology!) I had become obsessed with experiencing the Tiki, so we joined the line. It was a 10 minute wait so not too bad and we got to watch the pre-show bit outside

We loved the show! I loooove cheesy old jokes and pun related humour so I was in my element hehe The song is obviously uber catchy too and we were singing it all day. I was overcome with emotion and we clapped at the end! Ben said it was ‘whimsical,’ his fave word for specially selected rides at WDW hehe

We were peckish by this point so an early lunch was in order and seeing as we were right next to it, it would have been rude not to go to Pecos Bills! We had an ‘Ohana ADR at 6.30 so an early lunch was def a good idea. Oh how excited I was to finally have a Disney CS lunch, I’d waited 2 years!

Love the theming in here

We decided to just share a veggie burger CS meal (see breakfast for notes on early holiday frugality) and we loaded that badboy up with toppings….I say toppings, I mean cheese sauce.

Here are our respective lunches! Mmmmmmmmm those fries are goooood!

We shared a choc cake afterwards, we loved them! Super gooey and fudgey, just the sweet bite you need after a big burger meal.

When we came out of Pecos Bills, we needed something quiet and non-movey to go on, to let our lunch go down. I had the perfect solution – Carousel of Progress, my favourite attraction! I pretty much skipped the whole way because I was so excited, pausing briefly to watch a bit of the castle show and just bask in the glorious heat of the day.

Old 4 Feb 14, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

There was a little queue for CoP but I didn’t mind as it meant we could watch the awesome pre-show video I was feeling so emosh, I just love everything about it!

Amazing poster

Snapping photos like a mad woman due to insane excitement

Now, slightly embarrassingly my notes say I cried during CoP! I can’t remember but Ben said he looked over and I had tears running down my face haha, ohhhhh Libby. The show was fabulous and I lolle’d massively at all the jokes, tutting at people around us who didn’t and silently loving the people who were laughing and smiling along with us. Don’t you be going in CoP and not smiling! Don’t!

Whilst we were in there, I got a text from Victoria saying their tour was finished and shall we meet them outside the Partners statue. I text back saying yesssss and we arranged to meet at about 2.30, I think it was.

We walked out of Tomorrowland and towards the castle, where we could see Vic and Ian waiting for us. Hugs and kisses were exchanged and we excitedly listened to their stories of the KTTK tour. We were doing it in a week and we COULDN’T WAIT! We chatted about our plans for the afternoon and decided we wanted to do some rides together (seeing as I had very graciously stayed despite the heat and crowds haha – see earlier convo.) Ian then said why don’t we get some Photopass photos of us all in front of the castle, seeing as we were there? I was well up for this as we only had a few days in the parks together, so we wandered towards Main Street towards a waiting PP photographer. We all knew the drill so it was bags, cameras and bottles of Coke dumped on the ground and we all stood together in front of the castle, SMIIIIILE!

He took a few photos of the four of us and then Victoria suggested we get a couple of just us girlies, so the boys left us. Vic then said why don’t you get some of you and Ben, so again I happily obliged. You can never have too many PP photos in my opinion!

The guy took a few photos of us and then paused, so I stepped forwards as the sun was unbelievably bright in my eyes and I was all squinty haha.

But, as I went to step away, I felt a tap on my arm and I heard Ben say “Lib, wait!” I turned around and OH MY GOD he was on one knee, holding out a box. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG oh my goodness, he was proposing! I don’t even know what was going through my head at this moment…just total, total shock and surprise! I honestly was so taken aback! I just stared at him lol!

He said “Will you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?” He said I looked at him really blankly hahaah and after what felt like an eternity of stunned silence (and it certainly looks like that in the photos! ) I said ‘oh my god of course I will! ’ and he got back up and we kissed we were both shaking! As we kissed, there was loads of cheering and wooing! Clever Benji had timed the proposal perfectly, it was 2.45 and people were lining Main Street for the afternoon parade so we had a wonderful audience watching our special moment! I always wanted a public proposal so I was over the moon! I then tore my eyes away from Ben for the first time and saw Vic and Ian cheering for us and I realised Ian had filmed the whole thing and Vic had been taking photos! She also did a little video of the aftermath! I remember shouting out to them ‘you were in on this!?!?’ and they nodded hehe Ben then showed me my beautiful ring and put it on my finger, ooooooh so sparkly

Here are SOME of the photos, in chronological order, so you can feel like you were there (there’s a lot more where these came from! )

We then stepped out from the middle of Main Street and regrouped on the pavement, where the PP guy was like ‘congratulations!’ and gave Ben the card, saying he’d taken a million photos I had burst into tears by this point and was just stood there crying and shaking haha. I hugged Vic and Ian and then started asking a million questions, the first of which was ‘did you ask my Dad babe? ’ and he had which made me cry even more hehe I asked him when he decided, how the whole thing came about, who else knew, how long Vic and Ian had known, all the questions! All whilst still crying lol
Old 4 Feb 14, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

The memory of the actual moment and aftermath is hazy for both of us, we both cried lol (Ben just a bit!) and it was just super emotional, so we are soooooo glad we have the photos and videos to remind us Victoria then realised she really needed a drink as it was insanely hot and we’d all been stood in the blazing sun, so she nipped into Casey’s to grab some drinks while we stood outside. People who’d seen it were walking by saying ‘congratulations!’ and lots of people were smiling at us, it was so lovely I was still crying insane amounts lol and I gladly slurped down some of Vic’s drink when she came back out. We discussed our next moves and Ben suggested we go and get me a ‘Just Engaged’ badge, seeing as we were celebrating now! Woooo! He said it was so funny when I couldn’t have one in the morning, cause he knew what was coming! And I’d told Vic and Ian the story too so they were cracking up also! We made our way back down Main Street, me still asking Ben loads of questions and completely ignoring the mascara and eyeliner running down my face, I must have looked a right state We got to the badge cart and I excitedly told the guy we’d just got engaged and could we have some badges please He couldn’t believe we’d just got engaged right there outside the castle and he was so happy for us! We got our badges and stuck them proudly to our fronts, before making our way out of the park, hand in hand What an amazing day – Victoria’s 30th and our engagement and we got to do it all in our favourite park!

Benj really outdid himself with this one, honestly. Being proposed to in front of the castle was my ultimate dream and whilst I was careful not to mention it around him, I honestly had told all my girls that was the place I’d love it to happen Since we got back, soooo many people asked me if I knew. No, I didn’t know! I had no idea and I was SO shocked when he did it! Obviously I was hoping he might do it soon as we’ve been together so long and WDW to me, was a perfect place to do it But, there were a couple of reasons I didn’t think he’d do it, and especially not this day. Firstly, when I had the day before we flew off work and I was packing, he’d told me to put anything I wanted into his case. Hmmmm I thought. Obviously not worried I’m going to find a ring….. Secondly, I thought I’d totally know if he was going to do it. I know him so well and I thought he’d be all quiet and weird on the actual day. He was completely, 100% normal! Thirdly, that Saturday I totally had my guard down as it was Victoria’s birthday and I didn’t think he’d do it on her birthday! What actually happened was he decided it had to be that date really as it was the only day we were guaranteed to be at MK (very true, all other days could have changed but first day is also MK! ) and he wanted Vic and Ian to be in on it too.

He told Ian about it first, one day in the Summer when we went to visit them and the boys went to the pub. He asked Ian if he thought Vic would mind if he did it on her birthday and Ian was like are you joking, she’ll love it! And, she did I understand Victoria wasn’t too thrilled about turning 30 and anything that could potentially take the spotlight off her for a bit would be very welcome! I know she also wanted to be a part of it all and I can imagine her excited response when Ben told her. She then had to endure a few solid months of me talking about proposals with her and wondering if he was going to do it, when she not only knew that yes he was going to do, but also exactly how and when! Haha, she’s a saint! I couldn’t have done that, I’d have actually said something I’m sure! Thank you to both Victoria and Ian for all your help in the proposal, I know Ben couldn’t have done it without you guys and I’m so grateful and happy you were there for our special moment

So I’ll leave it for there as this day requires at least two posts haha, we did a LOT this day! I’m only up to 3pm! Hope you enjoyed the proposal story, hopefully it was worth the wait hehe! Xxxxxxxx

In the next installment…we share the news with our friends and families, have a slightly tense room readiness situation and go for dinner at ‘Ohana

Bonus jazzed up pic

Old 5 Feb 14, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Aaw Libby, you've made me cry Just absolutely perfect

What an absolute gem Ben is, congratulations to you both
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 14, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jenn8400
Very Serious Dibber

Awwww massive congrats to you both x
Old 5 Feb 14, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
florida smiles
Serious Dibber

Congratulations to you both!
What a lovely romantic thing for Ben to do, bet you felt like you were on cloud nine. Awh lovely, just lovely. Xxx

Love Victoria
(Florida makes me smile! )
florida smiles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 14, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
EnchantedRose
slightly serious Dibber

Libby I loved reading that! I had goosebumps! What an amazing proposal - I did exactly the same as you, just stared blankly. It's such a strange experience! When are you planning on getting hitched then? Xxx

Florida 2012 - Trip Report
DLP 2007, 2014, 2016 WDW 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016 DL California 2010, DCL 2017
EnchantedRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 14, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Ahh been waiting for this day for ages! Congratulations love the photos!

xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List