Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
All of our favourite things :) - Day 16, The End :(

Day 15 is here

Wednesday 21st May

*Apologies, today is kinda dull. I was too sad to take a lot of photos and I pretty much just moan the entire day about having to go home. You know how it is…..*

Well, it had arrived. The much dreaded day of doom. It was time to go home. We got up around 8am. We FaceTimed Jake who was with Chris’s mum. He was very excited for us coming home, so that lifted our spirits a bit.

I had said to Chris yesterday that I really wanted a proper breakfast on our last day, so we just threw on some clothes and got in the car. There was no point showering since we’d be using the pool later. Promise we didn’t smell

We went to the Cracker Barrel that is just along the Highway 27, so we were there within a couple of minutes. I really love these restaurants. I think they look so cool!

We both had exactly the same as the last time; Momma’s pancake breakfast and eggs in a basket! They were both divine I would give anything to be having that for breakfast this weekend!

We had a quick game of checkers before we left. I had to teach Chris how to play, but I think I forgot some rules cos it seemed all wrong. And by wrong, I mean I lost.

We went back to the villa and I soaked up every last bit of vitamin D that I possibly could! Chris still hadn’t finished packing, so he was dotting about inside. I also had one last swim.

At about 12 o’clock, we wouldn’t put it off any longer and we had to start getting ready to leave We had showers, got ready and loaded the car up. I also stripped the bed and put the bedding in the washing machine.

I had one more thing to do before we left and that was to release my Mickey balloon! I went out the front to do it. It took a while to actually get up in the air, it kinda just bounced around for a minute first! Haha! I like to think that it floated all the way to one of the Disney parks into the hands of a small excited child Ha!

There it is!

We did one final sweep of the villa to make sure we hadn’t left anything and then locked up for the final time. VERY SAD FACE! Worst day ever!

We pulled out of Lockbreeze Drive (sniff) at about 1pm. I took one last Disney picture! Walt Disney World; powered by magic

Chris declared he needed to stop in past Edwin Watts one more time to check if his hybrid was in. Oh good cos golf shops would really cheer me up. LOL. Anyway, the hybrid was in, so he snapped it up and left a happy man.

It was now time to drive to MCO. Ugh. We stopped for gas as we had to return the car full. I bought one last bag of lays to munch on the way. We got to the airport at about 3, handed the car back to Avis and went to bag drop (I’m pretty sure Chris had checked us in online yesterday, but I probably blocked that out! Haha!). In the lift on the way to the check in desks I was recognised by another Dibber. I have written Nevy in my notes! If you are reading, I hope that is the right spelling? Thanks for coming to say hello, it was lovely to meet you

We got our bags checking in no problem and we were free to roam about the airport. We were both pretty peckish by now, so we went to the food court. I had a McDonald’s and Chris 2 slices of Sbarro pizza. I can’t even remember what I had from McD’s and I only took a picture of the bag for some reason, but given there is a Sweet n Sour sauce there, I'm guessing I had chicken nuggets!

Continued in next post
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 14, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I then spotted the Krispy Kreme counter. I needed to get one last fix of American nom nom, so I went and got myself a sneaky wee doughnut. I had a raspberry filled with original glaze. It was so tasty! I reluctantly let Chris have some even though he said he didn’t want one! Don’t you hate that? When someone says no to something of their own, but then proceeds to eat half of yours? Pffft. He’s lucky I love him

After food we went for a look in the Disney stores. We obviously hadn’t seen quite enough Disney merchandise in the past 16 days…..! I got myself a magnet set, key ring and some last minute gifts. We also had a look in the Universal store where we got a few more bits for Jake.

We then went to go through security. Well holy flip. It was chaos. We were meant to be able to join the priority line since we had a business class ticket, but the priority queue and the regular queue just merged together. Superb organisation. It wouldn’t have been so bad had the queue not been moving at the pace of an elderly snail! We were not impressed and I was pretty much hating life about then. Thank goodness we went through with plenty time to spare is all I can say. Complete shambles.

Anyway, once through, we went to the Delta lounge (BA don’t have one here, so they use Delta’s) where we had time for a couple of drinks before they called us for boarding. Sake

We got on the plane and settled. I was very thankful for Chris upgrading us to Club World as I was looking forward to lying down and having a proper sleep. We were given our goody bags and champagne/orange juice before take-off which was nice again! This really is a fab way to travel and if we could afford it every time we’d be doing it!

We settled in for the flight. I wanted to stay up for tea, so I stuck on some Friends first. I have seen every single episode of Friends more times than I care to count, but it still makes me laugh. Chris was laughing at me laughing! He can’t believe something I know word for word can still amuse me so much! Hahaha! Chris watched Top Gear for a while.

Tea came round about an hour into the flight I think. I had vegetable lasagne while Chris had the beef. The pudding was a mango and passion fruit tart thing which was really lovely. Sorry, no photos. I wasn’t quite in the same excited mood as I was on the journey out!

After tea I decided to watch Philomena. I had already watched it a few weeks back with Chris’s mum and really enjoyed it. I found it emotional, but didn’t cry. WELL! This time, I was an absolute sobbing wreck. I could not hold back the tears, not even a little bit. Thankfully Chris had fallen sound asleep and didn’t have to witness this! Ha! After the film was finished I turned off my TV, reclined right back into the flat position and tucked myself up in my blanket for a sleep. When I shut my eyes all I could think about was Philomena and I started crying again. Jeeeeez Rach, get a grip!

I had a really good sleep eventually, I think I slept for 3-4 hours straight and I only got up cos Chris woke me to tell me breakfast was coming soon. I had some fruit and a Danish pastry. I declined the bacon roll for some obscure reason. Probably cos it would be British bacon and British bacon sucks!

I fell back asleep for a bit and woke just before we were landing in LGW at 6.50am. We went to have some proper breakfast in Garfunkels. I had the traditional breakfast while Chris had an omelette. It was expensive at £22. Can I go back to Florida now?

We went up to the BA lounge where I think we both had a wee cat nap before heading down to our gate for our flight back up to Glasgow. We saw Greg Wallace (of MasterChef fame) sitting at our gate! I immediately text mum & Emma cos they are massive fans and they would be well jealous! Emma was trying to get me to talk to him and find out why he was going to Glasgow, but I was having none of it!

We boarded our flight on time. Greg Wallace came and sat right behind me! Haha! There were at least 3 babies on our flight who were crying from start to finish. The poor things were probably struggling with sore ears, but gosh the sound of them was starting to get on our nerves! Thankfully I managed to fall asleep, but poor Chris didn’t and he had to listen to that and cope with turbulence (apparently, I didn’t feel any haha!).

We landed in Glasgow on time at 11.20. I managed to snap a picture of Greg before we got off the plane. Haha stalker!

We had to wait an age for our luggage, I’m sure it was pushing an hour that we watied! How to improve our already black moods! Ugh. Anyway, once we had our bags we walked over to the Holiday Inn (brrrrrr) to get our car back and then set off for home. The journey was uneventful, but I think it included a stop at Stirling services where more Krispy Kremes were purchased (glad they have reached Scotland…. But when are we getting some in Aberdeen I ask!) We took turns in driving as we were both really sleepy and it’s such a boring road.

We got back home to Alford at about 5.15. We didn’t mess about and got unpacked straight away. This is one of the things that is so great about staying in a villa; hardly any dirty washing! I was ever so depressed unpacking as everything smelt like the villa and also, it didn’t look like I’d be needing my summer wardrobe any time soon! Just look at it! Not cool.

Once we were unpacked we had a shower and then nipped down to see Chris’s folks before picking up an Indian take away and settling down to watch a movie. We went for the new Paranormal Activity which was ok once it got going. I think we went to bed about 11.30.

So there we have it, the end of another fantastic Florida holiday. I’m not going to do a separate post with highs and lows as there were far too many highs and no lows to speak of! We just had a such a great time and we can’t wait to be back next October to become husband and wife in our favourite place

Thanks so much to everyone who has been reading along and for leaving such lovely comments xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 14, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
thanks for sharing your great trip
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 14, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

Thank you for doing your report. I've really enjoyed reading along. Looks like you both had an amazing time!
Lolly90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 14, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Manyin
Apprentice Imagineer

Great trip, have enjoyed reading it all

DLRP 1995, 2001,05,08
Rodeway Inn 2000, Ramada 2002, Hawthorn Suites 2007,09,10,11
Sheraton Vistana 2013,15 & 19 RI@ Pointe 14/16/17/19/22/23/23 LBV 18/22
LV Mandalay Bay 2011 - MGM 14, - Caesars 15, Luxor 16,17,18(x2), 19
Manyin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 14, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I haven't commented on a trip pie before but just wanted to say how much I enjoyed yours. Laughing and crying along with you, can't wait to visit myself now.

Thank you for all the time your trip report has taken.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 14, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't believe it's over! What a fantastic holiday, and thank you for a great report from start to finish

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 14, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Thank you for posting it! x
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 14, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
colzo100
Excited about Disney

Great trip reports and easy reading! Well done!
colzo100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 14, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Thank you for sharing your lovely trip, I've really enjoyed experiencing every day with you.

Jan
Rob & Jan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List