Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Sep 14, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Brett & Jo's 'Not So Scary' Wedding Adventure : Day 27 - The Dream Is Over

It is with a heavy heart that I begin writing the final day of our Trip Report. I’ll leave the sentimental stuff till the end though and just crack on with the day itself…

Given the events (or should I say non-events) of the previous day, I'm surprised to find that when I wake up, I feel fine! There is absolutely no sign of the sickness and lethargy I was feeling yesterday. Maybe the bland food from Olive Garden has cured me?!?

I'm up and about and it’s a little after 9am. Jo tells me she’s been awake since 6:50am but hasn’t moved around much as she didn’t want to wake me. Now we’re both up, we make sure all the hand luggage is packed and all our important bits (tickets, passports etc) are put safely in Jo’s bag. (Well… I couldn’t be trusted with something like that, could I!)

At about 10am I do my normal (if not slightly weird) routine of saying goodbye to the room that been our home for nearly a month. I know the next time I wake up and look out the window, I’ll be peering at a UK sky, and not an American one.

We drag the suitcases round the corner to the lifts, and begin a game of ‘Fox, Chicken, Corn’. (For those of you who don’t know what I'm talking about, it’s the puzzle involving a farmer who has to get a fox, a chicken and some corn across to an island in a certain order without one eating the other. It’d take me a page to explain it, so do yourselves a favour and just go look it up on google!)

With so many suitcases and bags, we can’t all fit in the lift, so we have to devise a system to get everything down. After a couple of minutes, we’ve figured it out and both me and Jo (and all of our luggage) are on the ground floor.

There is no way we’re going to be able to drag this round to reception… it just won’t be possible. So the plan is for Jo to go to reception, get a cab from there, and have them drive round the back of the hotel to where I’ll be waiting, and we can load up from there.

Jo’s gone for quite some time (a good 10 minutes) and I'm starting to wonder if she’s snuck down the road to get herself a coffee… but just as I'm wondering this, a cab pulls up and she gets out. “Don’t even ask!” she says. This of course leads me to ask!

She tells me that the guy couldn’t understand what Jo was asking him to do (which was to pull round to the furthest hotel block to pick me and the suitcases up). Eventually, he understood and drove round to where I was waiting. What is it with Jo and cab drivers not understanding what she’s saying! (Borkwark anyone?!)

We’re now loaded up and leaving The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. It’s served us well as a home… and I really quite like this hotel. It suits me and Jo perfectly as it’s ideally located on I-Drive. I know that we’ll be back here again soon enough… just hopefully not in Block G (that long walk to and from the front of the hotel really was a pain!)

We’re on our way to Downtown Disney to use the Virgin Check-In desk down near Cirque Du Soleil. We do this every trip as it means that once we’ve dumped the suitcases, we’ve only got our carry-on bags with us, and can still visit a park and wander round for half a day. Our cases are weighed (all of them just coming in under the 23kg baggage allowance) and we’re called over to the check in desk.

Jo recognises the woman dealing with us as the same woman who checked us in when we were returning from our wedding planning trip in May. Jo mentions this to the woman, says that May was a planning trip and now we’re returning from actually getting married. I know what she’s doing… she’s telling the woman this hoping that there are two seats in Upper Class not being used and we’ll get a free (or at least cheap) upgrade. Jo’s doing a good job of dropping subtle hints, but alas, there’s no upgrade… although she does give us £20 worth of Virgin Vouchers to use on the plane (which was nice).

So here’s the plan for the rest of the day… we’re going have a quick stop at D-Street and see if there are any last minute Vinylmation we want to buy before we leave, then head round to Cap’n Jack’s Marina where they have large lockers. We’re going to dump our carry-on luggage in one of these, then get a bus over to MK and spend 4-5hrs over there just wandering around, and soaking up the last little bit of Disney magic.

A bit more street art that we didn’t see the other night

D-Street doesn’t have anything new, or anything we want to buy, so the stop there is a short one and we carry on round to the lockers… spotting this interesting group on the way!

The rental cost is a couple of dollars, and they are pretty big and pretty deep. That being said, we still have to remove a few of the electrical devices and move a few things around until everything fits in properly. The genius thing about dumping the bags here is that we don’t have to go through bag check at MK (which we did one year and were there for about 5minutes. They were very thorough in looking through our carry-ons!)

We get to the Marketplace bus stop, and wait for a bus going to one of the monorail resorts. As you can see, it’s a beautiful day today. The sky couldn’t be any bluer if it tried, and I'm trying to soak up some last minute rays before heading back to a cold, grey UK.

As I'm standing there, I spot a guy wearing some truly horrendous sunglasses and I'm immediately remembering one of Wizzo’s TRs where he was sporting some rascally Oakleys.

After 5-10minutes of waiting, a shuttle to the Contemporary turns up… which is a result, as it means we can walk to MK without having to board another mode of transport.

I always forget when getting on a shuttle here, that it drives round and stops at Pleasure Island as well. On this day, it stopped there for a while. 15minutes to be precise! The reason why escapes me… I think it was something to do with a change of driver being required… but anyway… it’s not fun sitting on a bus on your last day in Florida when you know that later that day, you’ll be spending 8 solid hours on a plane sitting down!

Eventually the bus gets moving, but not before the new driver has got on the bus and given everybody on board a couple of these little collectable cards about the bus! We’d never seen these before and didn’t even know they existed… but obviously Jo’s now added them to the ‘things we must collect’ list on our next trip!

20minutes later we’re stepping off at the Contemporary and enjoying a slow walk to MK. Jo is checking the wait times of the attractions on her phone as we enter the park and she says that everything is 10-15minutes. It’s just turned 1pm, and I'm surprised that the wait times are this low. One of the Photopass Photographers isn’t doing anything, so we grab a couple of last minute pictures.

He wasn’t keen on me doing the choking picture, but that’s what you get when you’re instructing me to ‘give her a little kiss’!

Instead of heading left through Adventureland, we reach the hub and turn right into Tomorrowland (once again stopping for a PP picture).

Jo clearly hasn’t recovered from her Monsters Inc Laugh Floor experience, crying her little eyes out when she gets outside the building.

Our first priority is getting a FP for Space Mountain. FP acquired and it’s straight onto the TTA for one final ride.

On a day like this I could ride it for hours, and not just because it’s our last day… it’s just one of the great ways to spend 10minutes in MK. We come off the TTA and see that Space Ranger Spin is still posting a 10minute wait, so walk right on in.

It wouldn’t be a typical day in a theme park for Brett and Jo if we didn’t encounter some sort of ‘park-womble’ behaviour in front of us in the queue for an attraction. Today, we have a family who seem like they’ve never encountered a moving walkway before. And they’ve clearly never been on this attraction before either. After they’ve navigated the stepping onto the walkway part, they clearly aren’t listening to the instructions the CM is giving them as three adults and two kids are trying to squeeze into one vehicle! The CM is shouting “no, no, no” at them and pointing at another vehicle, and right at the end of the walkway, they figure it out. We now have two adults and a child in one car… one adult and a child in the next… and then an adult in his own vehicle.

Me and Jo have been seated watching this all go on and chuckling to ourselves while muttering swears about how stupid some people are. I don’t think the guy on his own in the spaceship/car/vehicle in front of us really know what he’s meant to be doing. He hasn’t picked up the gun, and 30seconds into the ride grabs hold of the joystick that controls the spinning motion, because now he’s just spinning round and round in circles. Then he stops spinning… and he’s facing the wall! It’s just a plain wall, with nothing on it… and he’s just looking at it!

He then plays with the joystick a little more and spins the vehicle again. This time stopping it so it’s directly facing me and Jo. I’ve decided I'm not concerned about my score today… instead, I'm going to shoot the guy in front in the eyes! (Even as I'm writing this I'm laughing about how weird and funny this whole situation was.) He doesn’t move for about 10seconds… and I manage to get a good few shots in before he spins the car round and picks up a gun and starts aiming in the vague direction of the targets.

For the rest of the ride, I've no interest in shooting anything but this guy! I'm trying my best to get him in the side of the eyes… and when the track doesn’t permit a clean shot, I'm shooting his ears.

The family are all getting out of their cars but again not paying attention to what the CM is saying to them, as they don’t see the end of the moving walkway and all nearly stack it! Jo tries to take a couple of sneaky (and then not so sneaky) pictures while I queue up to get our on ride photo.

It’s almost time for our FP window, so after a quick tinkle break to waste some time, we’re able to join the queue. During the ride, I almost lost my phone! It very nearly slipped out of my pocket and at the last moment, I felt it move and was able to clamp it between my leg and the side of the rocket, and stop it from flying off into the deep, dark abyss of space!

After the ride finished, what happened next was a unique experience and something I’ll ever forget…
EVERYONE was walking up the moving walkway! I know there will be some of you reading this, calling me a liar and saying that you’ve believed everything I’ve written on my TR thus far… but people actually walking up the moving walkway instead of just standing there blocking the way is just too hard to believe! Well let me tell you… it happened… and I saw it. I doubt I’ll ever witness this sight again… and I'm sure next time we’re there it’ll be jammed full of park-wombles, standing still, waving as their stupid faces appear on screen… but to experience people being sensible in a theme park and using moving walkways as they were intended… it was a thing of beauty!

I think this is one of my favourite on ride photos… and seeing as it was the last one of the holiday, I really have a soft spot for it.

We get outside and realise we’re both a bit peckish. Starlight Café is close by, and we figure eating there is the easiest option. We get our food and head outside to where we normally sit. As usual we decide to just share one of their huge sandwiches.

I'm surprised Jo didn’t go for one of these!

Sitting outside on the patio and taking in that view of the castle was always one of my favourite things in MK… but not anymore. I just can’t get over the noise of scraping metal chairs on the concrete floor! I swear I don’t remember hearing it when we’d eaten out there on numerous occasions in the past, but it’s a sound that cuts straight through you… and if you factor in that there is a family sitting behind us where not one of the three adults in the party can control an obnoxious brat of a child, you can imagine that this is not how we wanted our last meal in the MK to play out!

Halfway through eating, the nasty child and his rubbish parents leave, and now all we’re left with is the scraping sound from everyone else… which, now that kid has gone, doesn’t seem as bad!

Food consumed, and we’re on the move again… spotting the Buzz Lightyear family sitting outside, I have to take a sneaky pic.

We head round to ride Haunted Mansion one last time. I see this and know one day it will be me… wearing a bag that’s clearly one of my kids’!

Seems like Saturday is ‘bring your brat of a child to the park’ day, because there’s another devil spawn darting around in front of us as we wait to enter the Mansion. He’s running from one side of the queue to the other… and his parents aren’t saying a word to him. When we get into the stretching room, wouldn’t you know it… he’s standing just in front and to the left of me.

As always, I’ve positioned myself so that I'm pretty close to the panel that’s actually a door… it’s always below my girl (my tattooed tightrope lady) in case you didn’t know or can never remember which one it is. When the panel opens and we’re all slowly exiting, the little kid tries pushing past me so he can race out. He squeezes through and in an act that I'm not terribly proud of (ok, maybe just a little) I just carry on walking, which means he almost trips over my leg and stumbles a little. He looks back at me and I give him the sort of death stare that Jo gives me on occasions. With that, me and Jo stroll past him as he stands in the hallway and waits for his parents.

When we come off the ride we decide to pay Frontierland one last visit. The wait times for both Splash and Big Thunder are 40minutes, and we’re not prepared to wait that long… so it’s round to Pirates. I can see that it’s a 10minute wait and the pair of us head to the queue line. Just at that point, a group of around 15 Americans (who must’ve been using this as a place to meet up) all start to move towards the entrance of the attraction. Me and Jo switch to Ninja mode and quicken our tempo and swerve past another couple so that we’re ahead of this big group. As we’re walking through the queue, we can hear the group behind us whooping and cheering as they wind their way through the line.

We reach the slope where you overlook the loading area and the queue line has stopped moving… so now they are right behind us. There’s a delay in loading onto the boats as someone with learning difficulties is obviously spooked at something… and we could see whoever was with him was trying to calm him down and get him to step onto the boat. We’re there for a couple of minutes, and the wait isn’t bothering us… it is, however, bothering the group behind us. They’ve got exactly the same view as us, and can clearly see that the lad down by the dock is distressed at the situation… but that doesn’t stop some of these scumbags shouting “c’mon… hurry up… just give him a little shove!” This doesn’t sit well with me, Jo, or the people in front of us as we all look round. Jo is shooting them daggers… and when she turns back round to me, she lets out a few swears about how disgusting these people are. They really outdo themselves, though, by cheering when the lad is finally seated and the boat moves away from the dock.

When we load up, wouldn’t you just know it… we’re in the boat with these complete and utter Helens! As we kind of expected… they are talking, taking photos (with the flash on of course) and generally annoying the hell out of me and Jo. We did experience something different on this ride-through though… and that was getting completely and utterly soaked! We’ve sat at the front of the boat before and had a little bit of water hit us when you go down the drop… but never like this! It was like the end of Splash Mountain! We were drenched!

When the ride was over and we were getting off, we were being ushered away from the moving walkway, and through a door to the left. Turns out there were issues with the walkway so we all had to exit via the stairs. There were gasps, groans and moaning from those around us. Christ, people… it’s just two small flights of stairs! Of course… I took some pictures of us exiting our last attraction of the holiday.

When we get outside, I suggest getting a Dole Whip as we haven’t had one the whole trip. This obviously means forgoing my preferred Citrus Swirl… but I don’t mind changing things up a little seeing as it’s our last day. That idea is almost immediately dismissed as we see the line outside Aloha Isle!

We walk slowly round towards Main Street, savouring the last precious minutes in MK.

We only have one more thing to do here before we leave, and that’s to buy some sequinned Minnie Ears for Lauren and Maddy (Wizzo’s girls).

And with that… I take one final picture in the park, and we’re off.

I'm hoping Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is on again this evening!

We now have to get a shuttle back to DTD to pick up our carry-on luggage, and from there we’ll be getting a cab to the airport. As we’re walking to the Contemporary we see a discarded mobility scooter just sitting there by the side of the path. We look around and can’t actually see anyone in the vicinity and wonder how the hell it got there.

Once at the Contemporary, it isn’t long before a bus arrives to take us to DTD. It’s pretty packed, but we manage to get a seat and sit there in silence for the 20minute journey, just staring out of the window, wishing we weren’t going home.

At DTD there’s a book signing going on in Tren-D. There are a lot of young girls with their mums in a queue that is leading out the door. Then we spot a poster on the wall advertising that Zendaya, the author of ‘Between U and Me: How to Rock Your Tween Years with Style and Confidence’ (!) will be signing copies of the book on Thursday 10th October. Now knowing this is a book for tweens, it makes those middle aged men waiting in line seem very creepy!

We get our bags and walk round to get a cab to the airport. The journey is uneventful, but tinged with sadness. When we arrive, Jo goes off to the loo to get changed into her flying home attire, and I sit outside. When she returns, I wander into the gents to find someone standing in front of the mirror, shirtless and following what appears to be a 12-stage pre-flight cleaning regime!

I walk past him and go into one of the cubicles. What is it with American toilet doors? Is there any point in them being there? It’s like trying to drop a deuce behind a saloon door! There’s a gap either side of the door, and the gap at the bottom is roughly shin high. The door itself is pretty short too… it just doesn’t offer any privacy at all. I give up on trying to drop the kids off at the pool and just get changed.

We get to the security check, and I'm ushered into the full body scanner. I’ve emptied my pockets… or have I? The machine beeps and I'm called outside by a security officer. Turns out, I had a quarter in one of the side pockets of my shorts! I apologise profusely and the guy just rolls his eyes and tells me to move on!

We board the monorail and one minute Jo is smiling, the next she’s looking wistfully off into the distance.

We’ve still got some time to kill so we have a wander through the Tax Free shop, but don’t end up getting anything. Boarding goes without a hitch and because we know how bad the champagne is, we both opt for a glass of orange juice. Jo then digs some Percy Pigs out of her bag and she’s ready for take-off!

As we’re waiting for everyone to board, a couple get on and sit to my left a few rows in front. Almost immediately I dislike them. We haven’t even taken off and he’s fidgeting, playing about with the blankets, reclining his seat, standing up, sitting down. He’s then sitting in the foetal position with his legs drawn up to his chest and his feet on the seat! Brilliant… I hope he keeps this up for 8 hours!

It’s not long before we’re up in the air and the meals are being brought round. I go for some sort of beef stew, while Jo has pasta. I also get a complimentary hair on my cheese cake… which is nice!

Both meals were pretty ‘meh’… and afterwards the cabin crew go round dishing out more drinks. They then come past with the Sky Mall cart (where Jo spends both of our vouchers on some make up), the lights are dimmed and anybody with half a brain tries to get some sleep. Of course, I have less than that, so I'm wide awake for the whole flight. I settle back and decide to watch a classic.

I watch a few more movies and the time passes quite quickly. The cabin lights then flicker on, someone makes an announcement over the PA system, and then the breakfast trolley is coming round. I’d like to say these photos don’t do justice to how the food actually looked… but if anything, they’ve made it look better! It’s grey, tasteless muck (but I do eat it as I'm starving).

Above the clouds it looks beautiful…

… but when we land we’re greeted with grey skies and rain. Even a rainbow can’t cheer us up.

We disembark, head to Immigration, whizz through there and get over to the carousel to wait for our bags. Because of all the bags we’ve got we grab a trolley each, and after 15minutes of waiting, bags start appearing and slowly going past where we’re waiting. I do always love it when people let their kids wriggle to the front by the belt and get in the way of you trying to grab your suitcase without smashing yourself in the shins. In situations like that, I value my shins more than somebody else’s child… so if they don’t move when I say ‘excuse me’ and start dragging my suitcase off the belt, then they are liable to get clumped.

After another 10-15 minutes, all of our suitcases are loaded on the two trollies and we try to wipe the guilty looks off of our faces as we walk through the Green Channel in customs! Once through there, we get outside and see Jo’s mum and dad waiting for us. Well… actually it was only Beryl waiting there… Steve was off having a wee break (nothing new there). A couple of minutes later and he’s back and we’re off to play Tetris to fit everything into the back of their car! It doesn’t take long to get it all sorted and we’re on our way.

Unlike most journeys back home after a trip to Orlando, we’re not telling Steve and Beryl lots of little details, simply because they were there for most of this trip! We do talk about the helicopter flight, but that’s about it. Having not slept, I feel exhausted… and not very chatty.

An hour later and we’re pulling up outside our house and it feels like we’ve never been away. The bags are unloaded and brought inside. The house feels cold, small and empty and I'm straight upstairs and turning on the central heating. We say thank you to Steve and Beryl and say we’ll catch up tomorrow and then they’re off.

We all know that feeling of sadness when you return from a trip, and today is no exception. My brother is meant to be dropping off the dog today, but that’s not till later… seeing her will cheer us up a bit, but at the moment we both feel down. The house is finally warming up and after changing into some comfy clothes, I slump down on the sofa next to Jo. We sit there in silence for a bit then decide to put something inane on TV… which is when the last four weeks’ adventures finally take their toll… and within minutes we’re both sound asleep.

The End
Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Continued...

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls… there you have it... Brett and Jo’s ‘Not so Scary’ Wedding Adventure!

When Paul (aka Wizzo) talked me into writing this I was sceptical and apprehensive about doing so. It seemed like a daunting task and one that my heart wasn’t fully in. But, as I started putting down the events of our time in Orlando and started reading the feedback back from you, the DIBB community, I actually fell in love with sharing the details of our amazing holiday. Sure, there were times when I thought I’d never get it finished, and writing the wedding day itself nearly killed me and Jo… but once we got past putting down into words that special occasion, I found myself looking forward to regaling you with tales of our further adventures in Orlando.

So it is with a heavy heart that I post up this final day. It feels as though the holiday is coming to an end for a second time, and believe it or not, it actually feels sadder now than it did back on Oct 11th 2013!

I won’t waffle on forever (in the hope of this TR never ending) and I’ll just get on with a kind of ‘what’s happened since’ ending to this TR. So… after we returned home, managed to make our dog love us again (she sulked and ignored us for about a week) we went back to work and things very quickly seemed as though we had never been away.

Paul was immediately on my case to start this TR and 2 weeks later, the first day was posted up. A month after getting home we had a party to celebrate our wedding and Jo’s 30th birthday. (Luckily all the invites/pre party arrangements had been sorted prior to us going away.) It was a brilliant night, and was wonderful seeing all the guests from the wedding (who were all indulging in games of ‘Hands Up’ and chatting to one another about things they’d got up to in Orlando) as well as the friends and family who couldn’t make it out to Florida. Needless to say, I was drunk again… and we did drink until the wee small hours.

The (late) morning after

In December we went and stayed for a few days with Paul, Lynn, Lauren and Maddy. We had such a great time and considering we’d only met once before for an afternoon in London, we were overwhelmed by the hospitality and generosity they showed us by allowing us to stay at their home. We got to try out first Parmo whilst there, and it was amazing!

This next photo kind of sums up our experience there that weekend!

For two nights running we all stayed up late drinking everything and anything that Paul put in a glass and into our hands! The hangovers were of epic proportions, and our friendship has grown even stronger since then. (I know he’s probably reading this and saying “eeee… give over, ya soft Southern Nancy”… or some other Northern expression!)

This was taken at about 4am

This one was closer to 7am!

Christmas rolled around soon enough and with it came presents that we’d both yearned for in Orlando. I got my giant Boba Fett figure (and yes, it’s still in its box, much to Jo’s bemusement) and Jo got her Haunted Mansion Dooney and Bourke handbag! (Thank god for eBay is all I can say!)

By January, we’d come to the decision that 2014 would hold no Orlando trip for us and instead we’d do some much needed renovations on house. We did, however, have Jo’s birthday present to look forward to in February, which was five days in Disneyland Paris, staying in the Disneyland Hotel.

It was a great week, a much needed holiday, and looking back on it… something I wish I’d written a TR about! (Although at that point I’d hit a wall with this TR… halfway through writing our epic wedding day!) Life then started to settle back into its normal routine and I cracked on with getting the rest of the report written.

So as I begin to wind up this final post, I am pleased to say that 2015 can’t come quick enough for me and Jo, as we have not one, but two trips planned! Firstly, we’ve booked two weeks in Orlando in late Sept/early Oct 2015, and even though it’s still just under a year away, we already have some great things lined up which I'm sure you’ll enjoy reading about as much as we’ll enjoy experiencing them.

The second trip of 2015 (or first, if you want to be picky), which we literally only booked a week ago, will be a week in California in May 2015! Yep… the Hardings are heading out to where it all began. We have a rough idea of what we’ll be doing, but I’ll save all of that for the Pre-Trip Report!

I said back when I was a few weeks into writing this TR that it would be a ‘one and done’ thing for me… but you can clearly see I don’t feel that way anymore and I'm already making Pre-Trip notes for both of these holidays. I’ve decided the Pre-Trip for the California holiday will be going up just after Christmas, and I’ll be promoting the hell out of that on Twitter and Instagram as not many people venture onto the Disneyland/West Coast forums. And just as we’re about to fly out for that holiday, I’ll be posting up the Pre-Trip for the September adventure, just to whet your appetites as to what we have coming up! (The plan is to then have the California TR posted before we head out in Sept!)

So that really is it… which just leaves me to say a few big ‘Thank Yous’. Firstly, thank you to Paul for convincing me to write this TR. There were times when I thought it was the stupidest idea ever to start writing it, but without his bullying… sorry… encouragement, I would have never have started this epic TR and grow to love it like I now do. Thank you buddy.

Secondly… the #DIBBAFTERDARK Crew. A bunch of like-minded idiots who have become my extended family. I love you my sister-wives and brother-husbands. May the hate continue to flow through us, and guest list to The Club keep growing!

Thirdly, I want to thank all of you… the DIBB community, who have taken my overly long ramblings to your hearts. Your feedback and comments have really pushed me on during those times when quitting seemed like an easier option than finishing. The fact that you have enjoyed my style of writing and my stupidly long descriptions of situations and occurrences came as a complete surprise. I figured a few people might read it and appreciate what I was doing, but every time I posted a new day, I kept seeing the same people coming back and commenting again and again… saying they looked forward to seeing one of my TR days being posted; how they’d laughed out loud and had to explain to their other half/child what they were chuckling at; how they knew exactly where I was coming from, and how my rants (of which there were many) were things they themselves had experienced and could relate to. For this I am eternally grateful. I know I was completely rubbish at replying to comments and questions posted about my TR (I was much better at replying to things on Twitter and Instagram though) but Jo has said that for the next TRs, she will login in under her username and reply to people comments and questions herself.

Which leads me on to my final thank you… and it’s for you, Jo. Without you, this TR would have never seen the light of day. You have read through my reports, correcting my grammar, my spelling mistakes and in some cases filled in missing words. Not only did you spend hours editing my writing, but you also spent hours adding photos to Photobucket, creating the links, adding them to the TR and then posting the TR itself. Your week nights and Sundays have not been your own for some time now, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for polishing this ≈≈≈≈ of a TR and turning it into something that people actually wanted to read, and that I am now extremely proud of (please excuse my hubris people). I love you dearly and I promise the next two TRs will not be as stressful.

And finally, as mentioned in the last post, we recently lost someone very dear to both of us, who was part of this momentous adventure… so we dedicate this TR to you, Chris. I shall rant on in your memory!

And that, folks, really is it. I'm off to read lots of YOUR Trip Reports and get jealous I'm not going to Orlando this year.

I love you byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee x x x

Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissie
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
A fabulous trip report. So glad Wizzo got you to write it. I have loved everyday of it. So looking forward to next years two. Thank you for sharing your trip with us
Old 27 Sep 14, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip report. Thank you so much for sharing 😊
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules2015
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'm so sad it's come to an end but pleased for you guys that you have a couple of pre-trippies in the pipeline. Thank you so much for all the effort you have put into writing this, it's been a very entertaining read!
Old 27 Sep 14, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post

hi I have loved every bit of this epic trip report. thank you both so much.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

Loved it all! thanks so much for sharing
tracynoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DrGLF
Trying for More Ears

Amazing report, well done!
DrGLF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

You made it!

Thank you for sharing not only your special day with us, but a holiday of a lifetime. There are lots of special memories there to last forever.

Your plans for 2015 sound amazing and I'm already looking forward to reading the next instalments
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 14, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wizzo
Childish Halfwit

wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Way too much to comment on! Well done mate, glad I bullied you into it. The pair of you have got this forever now thanks entirely to me

Oh man the TTA though! ? Can't describe how much we love sitting on it and watching the 'Disney' World go by!

For the record, I'm still wearing my midlife crisis Oakleys!

Those photos from our December meet up!

Same time this year at ours? But you must either book a later train or we'll factor in a 'Hangover day' this time!

Once again, well done, it's an Epic Adventure!

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List