Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 3 Mar 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Joe Pera talks with you - the most wholesome thing since detectorists

NOW AVAILABLE ON ALL 4!

i've been banging on about this show to anyone who will listen to me, but met with apathy from most, who if it isnt available easily via a UK on-demand type service, they wont bother. anyway, its finally here in the UK!

joe pera talks with you is one of the most beautiful, gentle, relaxing comedy shows i have *ever* seen. the only thing you need to tell yourself is that there is nothing sinister going off at all. at first you kindof expect it to take a dark turn in some way, but this never happens. there is one truly sad episode in season 2 (yes, i cried) but the rest of it is just *lovely*

joe's tv show started out as an animated short as part of adult swim's "infomercials" series, and then made it to a full, live action tv show. heres the original to give you a taste of what to expect. theres also a 10 hour loop of the episode on youtube if you want to seek it out. believe me, you will end up having freaky dreams about baseball and the barns of the pensylvania dutch if you have it on overnight

***heads up, the proper show isnt animated, the video below was a short for someting else and they made a proper live "action" show out of it***

laura snapes has done a nice writeup/interview with joe too...

theguardian/tv-and-r...m-all-4-comedy

Edited at 04:42 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

nobody?

youre truly missing out...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
nobody?

youre truly missing out...
Never heard of it but I’ll give it a go. Cheers.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

to make it easier for some people, heres a direct link to the all4 website where you can watch it

channel4/programmes/...mand/69295-001

alternatively, download the app for your tv/device and watch it there
Old 9 Dec 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

nobody else?

seriously, go watch it, its wonderful, wholesome, heartwarming, relaxing, LOVELY tv!

S&S, did you watch it in the end? what did you think?

also, on a similar tip, HOW TO WITH JOHN WILSON on HBO is great. the last episode covering lockdown nearly had me in tears

Edited at 05:46 PM.
Old 4 Aug 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

I guess nobody else has discovered the joy of this show yet then? (It was still on all4 last I checked)

Season 3 is due soon!

So now there's not a better time to catch up and join in with Joe, Gus and the family. Believe me, this whole show is just relaxing, beautiful and wholesome, in a detectorists/≈≈≈≈ts creek sort of way

Trust me on this one and give it a couple of episodes, they are only 10-15 mins long each so it's not like you're investing a whole evening on it, and if you like this, I've got plenty of other suggestions that seem to get ignored by most people...

Old 5 Aug 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I’m sat here now, wondering what to watch, so I’m going to give this a go
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

what did you think? it takes a couple of episodes to figure out the vibe and style of it all, but it's all just lovely people and nothing weird or sinister happens
Old 6 Aug 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
what did you think? it takes a couple of episodes to figure out the vibe and style of it all, but it's all just lovely people and nothing weird or sinister happens
Hmmmmm, it wasn’t at all what I expected, and I’ll be honest, it didn’t grab me so I wasn’t giving it my full attention. I’ll probably go back and start from the beginning again now that I know the style of it and watch it properly.

You likened it to Schitts Creek which took me a while to get into but it’s now my favourite and I watch it on repeat, and I did enjoy The Detectorists, which I would say is more comparable to Joe. I don’t see much of a likeness to SC at all.

I’ll keep going
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

its schitts creek without the snark and sarcasm, and all done at a grandfatherly pace