Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 4 Jul 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
have you ever watched something, either on TV or at the cinema, and thought "that's two hours of my life I'm not going to get back"?

I'll start this off - Micheal Flatley Celtic Tiger.

Its very clever but don't like it.

Come on , join in ! All welcome!
We saw this live in Manchester thought it was very good but not as good as Lord of the Dance
Old 4 Jul 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Everyone was raving about Lord of the Rings so we thought we would watch it, I hated it but DH loved it.
I don’t like the Star Wars films I have tried watching them but still can’t get interested in them.
Old 4 Jul 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
never heard of that - still I guess he had to have some turkeys along the way
Probably not heard of it because it was axed, I dont think it was on long... wonder why eh
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Into the woods - James Corden should have just gone into the woods and never come out again. Awful film.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Into the woods - James Corden should have just gone into the woods and never come out again. Awful film.
Oh god yes. I'm a huge fan of musicals and wanted to love this but nope. I actually rewatched it recently as I thought I might have judged too harshly and still hated it. The songs arent even songs, its just the same melody over and over. And the plot is so stupid and random.

My recent one is Ad Astra. Approx 5 hours of Brad Pitt pouting about his daddy issues. My husband wanted to walk out but I kept saying something must happen the plot must get going soon (no). Never felt so duped by a film trailer.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sassysar View Post
Lost in translation
Lots of staring and pouting , just didn’t get it !
I was going to say the same. I remember choosing it to watch and telling DH it had won Oscars. It'll be really good said I.

We sat and watched in silence. It ended. I said it was pants (well words to that effect anyway) 😂 and we left it at that.

Oh and I am Legend. Just thought it was pants.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

Truly the most boring film in the universe - Last Chance Harvey! I've still never let my mum forget she made me sit through the whole thing at the cinema just awful!

dreaming of my happy place
P.Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Tiger King - 3 episodes was enough, I thought it was rubbish.

Mama Mia - I like ABBA, couldn’t stand this movie.
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I know it’s an old one, but my DH made me watch Half a Sixpence... oh my defo 2 hours I won’t get back.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ShamuLvr View Post
I forgot about the live version of Beauty and the Beast. Emma Watson was so irritating that I couldn't wait for the film to finish

Edited to add: Terminator, Dark fate - enough said
Couldn’t agree more. They took a great film and remade it into something that dragged along. Emma Watson truly has the most annoying voice (although I admit I hate a really plummy yah voice in general).

My colleague commented that Disney forgot that it was called Beauty and the Beast when they cast Emma Watson 🤣
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List