Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 14 Jul 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

films you enjoyed more second time around

So there have been a few films I have seen and - to be honest - didn't enjoy first time around but them I watched them again and really liked them.

So in my case Rocketman (yes, I am an elton john fan) and Mammia Mia 2 which I have really got into

So what about you? Come on, join in.

All are welcome!
Old 14 Jul 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bluebell2go
slightly serious Dibber

I didn't like Moulin Rouge the first time I saw it. The second time I saw it I realised that it was the camerawork I didn't like. It jumped about too much in a lot of scenes. I now love the scene with Ewan and Nicole when he's singing Your Song.
bluebell2go is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluebell2go View Post
I didn't like Moulin Rouge the first time I saw it. The second time I saw it I realised that it was the camerawork I didn't like. It jumped about too much in a lot of scenes. I now love the scene with Ewan and Nicole when he's singing Your Song.
In my top 3 best ever

Disney332
Old 14 Jul 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Judy

Although I did love it the first time the second time it blew me away from bits of scenes I haven’t noticed in the cinema. Haven’t plucked up the courage to watch it for a third time - yet !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Being honest if I didn’t hate it at the cinema I always like it better
viewed at home I find the Cinema just to loud most of the time ,to many folks faffing on there phones ,up and down more times than a jack in the box , talking really just being generally annoying
I’ll sign out now
Victor Meldrew
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
In my top 3 best ever

Disney332
Mine too 😀

Films I preferred the second time I saw them - Avatar. Didn’t really pay much attention to it when I first watched it but rewatched before we visited Disney World in 2018 and really enjoyed it

Tonight I watched Lilo and Stitch with DD19, I had seen it when she was small but again, not paid enough attention to it and didn’t rate it as a great Disney film. However I loved watching it tonight and found it quite moving
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Not that I didn’t like them first time but Momento with guy pierce and the usual suspects. Great films 1st time round, better with every watch.
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

We thought Inception was good, but second time around we picked up on much more, have likely seen it 3 or 4 times. The exact same goes for Deja Vu with Denzel Washington and The Lincoln Lawyer.
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I hated Inception the 1st time, but thought it was Ok after a 2nd viewing. Same with Skyfall!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Being honest if I didn’t hate it at the cinema I always like it better
viewed at home I find the Cinema just to loud most of the time ,to many folks faffing on there phones ,up and down more times than a jack in the box , talking really just being generally annoying
I’ll sign out now
Victor Meldrew
You forgot to mention the rusling of crips packets and the throwing of popcorn